BDO Employee Reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 1 244 reviews
Productive and fun
Review Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 November 2019
Great place to work at. i would definitely work there again. the staff and management are friendly and very helpful. They are always willing to teach and assist where they can.
Interesting
I.T Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa4 September 2019
Interesting company to work in
Interesting culture and people
Interesting leaders
Interesting decision making abilities
Interesting ethics and morales
Good Company
Executive (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 July 2019
BDO is a great company to build a foundation for your career. The hours are fairly long but the work is interesting (corporate finance).

I would recommend the firm as a whole.
Supportive Culture
Articled Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 May 2019
BDO was a wonderful company to work for. I became ill during my time there and they did their best to keep me on even though it was for about 6 months. I would recommend working for them.
productive workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 April 2019
Working at BDO was a good learning experience and relaxed environment. I have learned basic and advanced skills concerning admin and financials aspects of a work place.
Pros
short hours
Cons
not enough challenge
2,0
Productive but biased management
Trainee Accountant/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 March 2019
Productive day at work, mostly out on clients. I learned how to audit the manufacturing, mining, and logistics industries. Management is very bias when it comes to performance ratings but is easily approachable. The workplace culture is relaxed and warm. Hardest part of the job is adapting to change and travelling.The most enjoyable part of the job is being with fellow trainees whom you can share ideas with and learn from.
Pros
Overtime benefits and travel claim
Cons
Low ratings resulting in low performance bonuses
4,0
Good company to work for
Personal Assistant to Director (Current Employee) –  Parktown, Gauteng8 February 2019
Great people, management is very down to earth and friendly, yet very professional and have high standards. Great workplace culture, fun is fundamental but no room for error.
Pros
Bonus day on your birthday
Cons
stessfull
4,0
Organised and good working structure
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal6 August 2018
Enjoyable time working with professional employees and a variety of clients worked on. Developed many skills at this medium sized firm. Good experience.
Pros
Good experience and colleagues
Cons
Favouritism sometimes with managers
4,0
Professional organisation with a great culture of giving back to society
National Head of Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 July 2018
I only worked there for six months, but learnt a great deal about management, teamwork and what it means to be there for each other colleagues and as a team. The organisation also has many initiatives that promote worklife balance.
Pros
Supportive
4,0
Productive and a pleasure to work with my team
Senior Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 July 2018
Good company to work for, different and very involved, there"s always something new to investigate and gain knowledge. My line manager is the best, she shares the information to upskill everyone in the department. The volumes and deadlines are high but workeable. That moment when the payroll is concluded and we are ready to pay.
Pros
we have systems that allow us to control the process.
Cons
The working hours in January and December are crazy.
work life
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 May 2018
BDO is an audit firm however as I was not an auditor the only role I could advance to was secretary and the ladies who worked there enjoyed their work so there was no room to advance further than being a receptionist and I needed more for myself hence the move to SAS
Pros
Small company
Cons
no room to advance further
4,0
Friendly working environment with excellent working conditions
Intermediary Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 January 2018
I was very busy in my particular job and did not mingle much with my fellow employees. I experienced a total of 3 different managers with different styles in my ten year tenure.. With all of them I was left to work at my own pace and style which I appreciated. The atmosphere was congenial . I often took work home due to interruptions from other departments as well as from emails .
I was given training in excel to advance my skills as well as a little on our accounting package. I had very few dealings with upper management but had a lot with my immediate manager. The workplace culture was good as there was an open door policy with our seniors which allowed staff to express themselves. The hardest part of my job was that the companies I managed grew and so did my workload so I felt more pressured than in the past. The best part of my job was that I felt that I was trusted by my seniors as they knew I always worked to the best of my ability. My manager always appreciated me.
Pros
Modern offices with a good canteen area and relaxed atmosphere w
Cons
Long drive to work with heavy traffic both ways
Stable very collegiate
Corporate Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  London1 December 2017
No fast passed, and very average remuneration, people here are too set in their ways, the organisation does not invest sufficiently in new radical ideas and technology
Pros
free fruits
Cons
informal processes
5,0
Excellent technology infrastructure and good work environment.
Debtors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, Western Cape17 July 2017
It was a joy to work for a big company like BDO. The management team are great and will always assist. Problems are being addressed to immediately and adequate training is supplied.
Pros
Free breakfast
Productive Wokplace
Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gauteng12 July 2017
great learning opportunities and multiple industry exposure. learnt a lot on people skills and heading audit teams. wealth of knowledge acquired during my tenure
Pros
non
Cons
non
Was productive and happy
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Cape Town harbour, Western Cape16 May 2017
I learnt to multi skill under pressure and to be professional. Work place culture was auditing, advisory and tax so it was pressured. The hardest part dealing with my job was management. The most enjoyable part was setting goals for myself and doing them to the best of my ability and making it happen and seeing the clients happy at the end of the day as it made my day.
Pros
Free breakfast in the morning
Cons
Couldnt participate in socials
Professional
Trainee Auditor/Accountant/Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 May 2017
Professional working environment. Company still have humanity and fun in work environment, management is reasonable and helpfull. Lots of learning posibilities
best employer
Associate director (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 April 2017
well balanced company which always support employees via continously training

coaching ongoing

all support on development readily available

good salary and benefits
5,0
very productive and everyone was friendly
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng31 March 2017
The Management was good to everyone. Head of departments used to treat every individual with respect. Time was very important and clients came first.
we used to work as team in my consulting department. we were putting extra hours to deliver good work to clients.
Pros
every last friday of the months the was drinks and free lunch
Cons
paid for long hours
4,0
Good and Productive company to work for.
Audit senior (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 March 2017
BDO is such a nice and accommodative company to work for.
The culture is very good and the enviroment is a conducive one and one can learn so much from.

It is good for learning purposes. You get exposure to different industries and can attain very good skills that can be of great help in your career growth.
Pros
Fair chance to grow and develop
Cons
Long hours (sometimes)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDO. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7