BGC Contracting Employee Reviews

4,0
great team to be working with
Labour (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland, WA26 October 2015
I enjoyed working for BGC as I was apart of a great team in Port Headland Perth WA. I found the labour work to be great job working in the north west heat was beautiful
good people on crew
Production Dozer Operator (Former Employee) –  Iron Knob SA26 October 2015
had a good crew with great working culture then went through redundancies managers got stood down into lesser roles and killed the place with poor attitudes and ridiculous expectations of what machines could do
Pros
7 days off
Cons
long hours not paid travel
4,0
It was very hot in the summer
2nd Class Welder (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale, WA19 October 2015
It worked out ok for me but the pay was not so good and could not get any over time to get a extra dollar. there was a big tern over of people and you could see people did not care..
5,0
It was a great place to work at Windarling mine
Blast Hole Driller (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA10 October 2015
great bunch of guys to work with good team environment
good bosses I enjoyed my job as a blast Whole driller and the 3 years I spent working with a friendly bunch of family orientated guys. Every day was a new day full of suprises as are all work places as we had 2 pits operating at once Windy and Jackson.
Pros
Cons
sometimes missing family
Good overall experience.
Desk Head (Former Employee) –  London, ENG23 September 2015
Very well run with an extremely driven work ethic.
Quite a bit of politics but this is expected within a large company.
Hard work is well rewarded and overall was a very good place to work.
4,0
A real path for learning
Associate, Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manila, Philippines21 September 2015
Challenging environment with lots of opportunities for professional growth.
Employees are all well equipped with trainings.Your skills will ultimately develop here.
Pros
career advacements, superb management for a fast paced environment, people oriented workplace
Cons
The long hours are worth it (depends on the employee)
good to work for
Mobile Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  TPI rail project17 September 2015
i had good fun with my first FIFO job it was some thing different at the start bout then i got used to it i got to know people mad some very good friends wich i still keep in contact with.
Great Company to Work for
BGC - Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Elazac Quarry 50klm South of Port Hedland19 August 2015
BGC Contracting was a great place to learn and develop.

The internal training course were first class.

It was a happy work place and very rewarding.
Pros
Good pay and bonuses, great training
Cons
Subject to boom and bust like so many contracting companies
secure place to work
All Rounder / Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA17 August 2015
a typical day could change from anywhere from driving roadtrains to operating various type of machinery at different work sites,liked the variety,money wasn't much good but being home most nights was
4,0
Good local work crew, Enjoyable workplace
Fixed Plant Operator South Middleback Ranges (Current Employee) –  South Middleback Rangers South Australia31 July 2015
Good place to work close to home. Well structured management team and safe systems of work. Great roster 7 on and 7 off.
Long hours (15per shift including travel).
Pros
Good Local work crew
Cons
Uncertainty due to ore prices
Enjoyable work place
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windarling - Koolyanobbing - Western Australia17 July 2015
BGC was a good place to work. They had their charter and strived to follow it. Overall I enjoyed working for them for the 7 years I was there.
Productive workplace
Blast Hole Driller (Former Employee) –  Hazelmere, WA19 June 2015
Good co workers made some great mates.
Start our day with PSI Meeting and work autonomously for the rest of our 13.5 hr day.
Enjoyable work place with down to earth supervisors.
Pros
Learned to operate five rigs and a basic grounding in blast crew.
Cons
High turn over of workers
drill and blast supervisor
Drill & Blast Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Iron duke whyalla south australia3 June 2015
BGC contracting are a very good company to work for you can get a lot out of the company as long as you want to put in ,I enjoyed my hole time there. The people that I supervised were grate to work with because I showed them that I wouldn't ask them to do a job that I wouldn't do myself. One of the hardest things with the job was the lack of planning from the client.
Pros
good training
Cons
home every night
3,0
fair company to work for, gave me my break into mining
Driller (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA1 June 2015
learnt lots about drilling worked with some extremely capable drillers and learnt a lot. supervisor people skills are the reason I left and had started my own business up
Pros
good meter bonus
Cons
supervisors
Efficient Preventative Maintenance
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Koolyanobbing, WA28 May 2015
It has taken a while to develop, but now there is an effective preventive maintenance system that is in place. With a very good bunch of people who know what they have to do on a daily basis, a standard day is straight forward. The hard work today pays off for tomorrow.
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Na
Rewarding, pro active, fufulling Job
SME Operator, Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Koolan 2007-2011 Elazac Quarry 2014-201521 May 2015
Amazing company to work for, I got to advance on SME, with management support, plus gained my National Recognised Certifications on each equipment operated, Being a part of the team at BGC was like being in one big family, definitely would recommend this company to other people.
Pros
Training other personal gives you pride at work
3,0
average food, great work mates. the only recreational facilities were a tennis court and the gym.
Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Windarling Mine Site14 May 2015
On a typical day I would get up and have a 45 minute commute to work where I would attend a PSI meeting, pre-start the machine I was to operate then commence my duties for the day. On occasion I would help the supervisor with some of their every day tasks. I would then commute back to camp.
My co-workers were amazing and made what could potentially have been a very dull day an enjoyable one and I will miss them dearly.
Well I guess the hardest part is the same for all miners and thats being away from family and friends.
I suppose having some variety in your job adds to it being enjoyable so it doesn't become mundane. I really enjoyed being able to jump on a different machine to break the cycle so to speak.
Pros
My work mates were awesome, definately a big plus, and getting my own room.
Cons
Long hours, extremely average food.
Overall not a bad place
Boilermaker/Crusher operator (Current Employee) –  Mt Webber12 May 2015
Good people to work with, small site so everyone knew each other, new site, people keen to achieve targets set, but with too much red tape with management could get the crushing plant to produce the target it was made to do with minimal breakdowns
4,0
productive good people inside and out of work hours
shot crew/driller (Former Employee) –  windarling minesite wa30 April 2015
bgc was a good company to work for. committed to its workforce and clients with an enjoyable safe working environment. i would have been go to stay with if not for the fall in ore prices and them having to cut there work force.over all was a good 4 years learning and growing with them.
Pros
good leadership and teamwork from top to bottom
Great place to work!!
Senior Driller (Current Employee) –  Wodgina23 April 2015
Work together, hang out together, work out together, management was great, co-workers are like family, hardest part of the job spending time away from the family, the most enjoyable part is working as part of a great team to achieve our goals with an impeccable safety record and seeing what your hard earned money can provide for your family. Such a shame it couldn't last the mining slump.
Pros
Christmas and Easter holidays, Great camp, great friends.
Cons
Aside from missing my family there are no cons to speak of I loved working at Wodgina