BGC Contracting Employee Reviews

Good team work
Apprentice-Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Perth, W.A16 April 2015
I learnt alot about how effective and productive a workshop can be. Which came down to safe steady workmanship. Also having good teamwork between members of the work shop. Communication between members and supervisors was also important. If you didn't understand you would communicate or show until the others understood.

Having a good work enviroment and friendly work place made for an enjoyable work place.
2,0
Not an honest company
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Mt Webber12 April 2015
I was lied too at the interview about client financial position as well as flights/roster, 8:6 roster but 9:5 flights.
Sub standard facilities at site, 1 toilet between 25 people, no plumbed water, constantly running out of water.
4,0
Safe,Productive, Supportive and a great place to work.
Superintendent / Alternate PM (Current Employee) –  Mt Webber11 April 2015
When I started working for the company it was for a love of machines and when I was approached by management to use my skills and knowledge as a leader I jumped at the chance and now I also have a love for the workforce knowing that to change the game I had to change. Through all the courses, training and mentoring I received I now understand that " The goal of an effective leader is to re-condition your team to be solution focused rather than problem focused " as a result safe production naturally follows.
5,0
Awesome bunch of guys to work with
Blast Hole Driller (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA27 March 2015
Hard day amongst Dirt, Heat, and Snakes, and Flys, overall awesome lot to work for. Really Family focused.

Hard Job but very rewarding, came away with some really good friends and learnt alot from them
Pros
excellent fellow workers
Cons
heat, flys, snakes living away from family
5,0
survey geomatic engineer, lead senior surveyor
Senior Lead Survey Engineer (Former Employee) –  basra (basra gas company)20 March 2015
A dedicated and results oriented professional offering over 12 years of experience in land surveying including engineering surveying, geology, and land administration
Spearheaded the role of a Senior Lead Survey Engineer at BGC (BASRA GAS COMPANY), FUGRO N.V
4,0
Strong presence in the industry, good work culture
Administration Assistant Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park, WA17 March 2015
Fun productive environment, great workplace and colleagues, new facilities in their new offices. Supervisors are a one stop shop and all departments flow well together. I was proud to work for this company.
Pros
free secured undercover parking, great location, new offices
Cons
job security is not felt due to nature of business and market
2,0
A disappointing experience
Prestart Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth City Australia6 March 2015
I had wanted to join one of the major builders for a long time and this offer finally came though, although I was dubious about this builder as I'd heard so many bad reports from people working with them or building though them.

I was very proud to be a part of the industry but I did have a terrible experience. Not only did I have consultations with far too many unhappy customers, but it was an effort to satisfy them and bring them around so to speak, only to have their requests shot down again. I thought if I could let them feel this house was theirs and make their own decisions, we could make a happy customer out of them. Simple little things like location of the kitchen sink so it was more practical, rather than in an awkward to use location. Things I thought to be simple, weren't.

I also didn't seem to fit in with the girls as I had a lot of inside information that was helpful, such as product knowledge so it would help to upsell during a consultation, but inform the customers why it was a better choice. I like to be helpful but it was received differently. They were very hard to work with and worked insularly, where as I like to work as a team and share knowledge. I was very, very unhappy there and found it quite a disturbing experience even though I'm a very confident person.
Pros
Salary package was very good, but also improved over time
Cons
Poor ethics and work relations
5,0
good company to work for
Mining Mechanical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  laverton wa11 February 2015
an enjoyable company to work for,positive in there approach to the working enviorment safety was a high priority ,admin &management was very helpfull
Pros
good roaster
Good working Conditions
All Round Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Moranbah qld26 January 2015
Good all round company to work for, good leadership, well organized, good communication with all workers,great working conditions, good hours and great pay and always provide good accommodation.
Pros
Good accommodation
Cons
Good working hours
great crew and managment
c crew (Former Employee) –  windarling.24 January 2015
c crew was the best crew, I had worked with the other 2 crews tho I found c the best. the camp was great food ok but you get that all over.
Pros
great people
Cons
old machines.
Everybody's role.....................
HSE & Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Hedland, WA19 January 2015
its a place where everybody plays there part in driving a safety culture driven from all the way from the top down.......... a caring company that has the best of the employees firmly in there sights and helps when they can...........
5,0
teaches me to grow up fast
Gym Cordnatior (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OK27 December 2014
kids look up to me see me and everything I do there so it shows me to set an example.
Pros
some kids listen
Cons
some dont
great working culture
production operator (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA19 December 2014
as an all round production operator i operate excavators graders loaders and dump trucks in a high paced safe environment
Fast paced exciting environment
Work exp, derivatives (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 November 2014
Learning and interatcting with brokers on emerging market desks as part of work experience for a duration of one week.
Enjoyable work place
Heavy Diesel Fitter, Serviceman (Former Employee) –  WA Regons15 October 2014
Daily jobs include brake down, service and component change outs
Highly productive crews
Dump Truck Operator/Komatsu (Former Employee) –  WA28 September 2014
enjoyed working there very much. I learned a lot from their training department and there is always help on hand. We had very co operative supervisors and co workers were always helpful. Management always delivered what they promised and we did in return as a crew.
Pros
good wages
Cons
terrible camp food
5,0
enjoyable to work and safe
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA9 September 2014
Learn to work with several different culture, work as a team to deliver best possible sulotion. The hardest part of the job is, if nobody support or help you to finish the job on time.
Pros
Free meals and accomodation
Cons
Health Care
safe with supportive environment
Heavy Duty Fitter (Current Employee) –  port headland (Wodgina)18 August 2014
Work hard in rough and fun environment, everyday I learned
simple things with great result. I always manage my time from the very start to the very end of the shift to avoid rush. We always share give hand each mate's and respect the unique culture of individual.
The hardest part of my job is when I fail to accomplish the task with in the time , but eventually i make it safely makes me very happy.
Pros
full time permanent
Cons
long term
3,0
Good people / Not so good company to work for
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth. WA22 July 2014
The people I work with are nice and get along well with everyone but no opportunities exist within the company framework and company focus is on profits and not people.
3,0
not much to do after work
Mechanical and Serviceman (Former Employee) –  Koolan Island, WA just north of Derby3 June 2014
13/half hours plus travel. Having to train up new staff all the time due to hi turn over no help from management. flying into and out of the island was really great, the best scenery.
Pros
not much
Cons
to many to pass on