BGC Contracting Employee Reviews

Long Days
Operator/K1 Mining Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Koolyanobbing mine site, Western Australia2 April 2014
A typical day at work is an early start followed with 12.5 hr days. My job for the day can vary depending on what my supervisor has given me to do. If im on the water cart, I needed to be on the ball and keep ahead of my time management and make sure im fast, efficient and doing my job safely at all times whilst doing my absolute best as its a high demanding job and would rather be efficient than being asked by management to go to a particular job. I enjoy doing this job even though its demanding, it sets me a challenge for my shift to be my absolute best and do the right thing and show the company that I work for that I am a good, reliable employee which has given me opportunities to move forwards with my job.
Pros
Being a good worker demonstartes the kind of person you would like to be seen as
Cons
After a long day, it can be tiring
5,0
A great company to work for
LABOURER/LEADING HAND (Former Employee) –  Karratha, WA30 March 2014
great job great company great people sorry i left work hard payed well reviews on a regular basis
Pros
good money good job
Cons
roster, not very good
New Accommodation,Great rooms
Bomb crew,Drill and Blast (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA30 March 2014
Working with Explosive is very exciting and challenging the Hardest Part of the job would have to be the Condition we work under ie weather the Heat Factor And keeping Hydrated.After a long hard day loved going back to my room and Relaxing in the Aircon. then catching up with a few of the boys at dinner to talk about the day.
Pros
having icypoles/drinks in our crib fridge
Cons
Starting early or working back to meet dead lines did not go unotice.
2,0
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bunbury, WA25 March 2014
Selling very slow and BGC Employer looking for Sales that were not there.
As this was a commission based position i had to move on because of the lack of sales.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
4,0
Works with employees as much as possible
Customer Care Clerk/ Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Commerce, TX22 March 2014
This company truly is focused on giving the customer the upmost care and positive experience with the company in all areas. Its motivating as an employee to see this desire to push integrity and work ethic.
4,0
Excellent team environment and high ethical standards and procedures
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 March 2014
Autonomous position which involved interaction with Stakeholders including Government, Consultant and Client representatives. The most enjoyable part of the Project (which I was engaged under Contract) was being able to achieve Progress which was ahead of target programs and budget.
Management was supportive with a structured approach. I enjoyed being able to mentor my Staff and motivate subcontractors.
Pros
Autonomy and enjoyable Company workplace culture
Cons
Lack of job security
Good family orientated family
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Various mine sites WA12 March 2014
Good people to work with.
Good client focus.
Provide training as required.
Pros
Good management team
Cons
Not much.
great place to work
Dump truck operator (Former Employee) –  Whyalla, SA31 January 2014
enjoyed my time wo0rking for bgc would never have left if my husband didnt transfe.
Pros
good wage
4,0
overall a well run project
General earthworks operator (Former Employee) –  Moranbah, QLD17 January 2014
Early starts with long roster 3 on 1 off. Great people to work with and a great learning experience. Missed the family with 3 weeks away but was rewarding financially. Not to far from town to enjoy some social time on weekends.
5,0
exelent charter - enjoyable work place
Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  SMR - whyalla5 January 2014
responsibilities included very wide variety of tasks, such as allocation of personnel, daily/weekly planing of mining activities, hazard assessment, maintaining a safe work place at all times, HR with personnel and liaising with other departments and the client
Pros
flexibility to acheve a very high standard of work
Cons
with drive in and out of site very lond days i.e. 14.5 hr
5,0
Well established company, great to work for
Operator of CAT D10R Dozer on Dam building project (Former Employee) –  Goonyella qld2 January 2014
Good management, well structured work plans. A great company to work for
4,0
Good place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
concrete driver (Former Employee) –  Malaga, WA25 November 2013
Yeah the same,i just love deliving concrete,meeting new people,and doing it in a safe and proper manner.All weather,rain hail or snow.
Pros
Great weather in W.A.
Cons
None really.
Productive ,very safe awareness
Cleaner / Peggy/Roller Operator (Former Employee) –  Pilbra Wa ,Moranbah Q25 October 2013
Clean Offices, Cribs ,Toilets ,go toAirport or Town very rewarding meet great people
Pros
Good working Conditions
Cons
no work at the moment
MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NY24 October 2013
JOB SUMMARY: Developed and managed over 100 marketing initiatives annually which support customer retention objectives. Management of departmental budget and provide tracking, analysis and insight to evaluate marketing and event effectiveness. These strategic partnerships, trunk shows, special events, and sales promotions created cross-promotional integrated marketing programs with charitable and cultural partnerships to support Customer Relationship Management. Lead six person team to execute marketing strategies that cut costs, and increase efficiencies, traffic and sales.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Oversaw marketing plans which generated $10,000 in event revenues and programs impacted a 9.2% sales increase,
• 41% increase in customer acquisition.
• Promotions generated 30,000 print, broadcast and online media impressions.
Normal work place
Production Mechanical Fitter/ Maintainer (Current Employee) –  South Guildford, WA19 October 2013
Production workplace is good and job is not that heavy although there are machine breakdown sometimes and too dirty and greassy. Learning is unlimited because i can work in production and maintenance(mechanical). Co-workers are friendly and kind and the management is supportive to provide trainings especially when it is work related.
Pros
Lots of work off
Cons
shift ( day & night )
3,0
A huge learning curve!
Haulpack Operator (Former Employee) –  Jundee WA24 August 2013
This was my very first job in Mining. Coming straight from Hospitality, which I had been in for 28 years, it was a shock.
I took with me, when I left, the achievement of becoming a driver of Haulpaks, and learning what FIFO was like and how to deal with it and the mining life.
I enjoyed most of it except I didn't know, at first, how to combat the behavior of most of the people on site. I was used to going forward to people and I learned to keep very private and separate from the workers whilst staying friendly.
I came away having become stronger and it was good experience.
Pros
Great lifestyle
Cons
Dealing with certain elements on site
2,0
Not Good
Courtesy Clerk/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Paris, TX22 July 2013
Management team was very nice and understanding but still firm on following rules they were great but you get no work hours if any sometimes and get no respect for going above and beyond.
Pros
Great work staff
Cons
like told above no respect or reward or advancement just stalemate
4,0
enjoyable job but 12 hour shift from night to day was difficult.
BGC Plasterboard (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA18 June 2013
doing daily checks, start up machinery, make sure the production line was running at full capacity, watch screens for any malfunction on the production line. Was always informed of what was required when starting work, and was always instructed what needed to be done. Working 1 week nights and 1 week days 12 hour shifts was the hardest part of the job. Learnt a lot about production. When things were running smoothly along the production line.
Pros
Wages were good.
Cons
12 hour shifts.
4,0
Excellent team enviroment with my co-workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pilbara Regions5 May 2013
I have enjoyed the last 5 years with this company, moving from one project to the next, have learned new skills at each project and meet alot of great people to work with. The hardest part of each project was leaving. The most enjoyable parts of the jobs were job satisfaction and working with a great bunch of people.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Early starts
4,0
Productive and fun. you gotta enjoy what you do
carpenter (Former Employee) –  Onslow W.A24 January 2013
A good company to work for unfortunately they are not busy at the moment.