We currently don't have any reviews for Booyco Electronics.
Be the first to review this employer.

Add a Review

5,0
Good team to work with and colleagues
Production controller (Current Employee) –  Production Qaulity awareness packaging after testing.6 November 2019
Mission and vision to improve the employees with training and learning new skills. Got a bursary on automotive trade and NQF level 3 National certificate.
5,0
productive and new advanced learning
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER INTERN P1 (Current Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng4 November 2019
best place to work, ,management understands and listens to employees,
fun place to work
work functions every second week of the month
innovative products
1,0
Worst job ever- definitely NOT an employer of choice!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  south africa30 May 2019
Culture-staff complain to each other but afraid to tell the Head anything as he will take you out of a job, just as quickly as he had given you a job.
Pros
Zero pros
Cons
Unhealthy work environment, favouritism, dictorial, Directors gossip a lot, no trust, lack of leaders
4,0
Learning experience and different every day
Stores Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng11 October 2018
Every day is never the same but always busy. I learned a lot about electronics components and stock. Management not enough aware of the lower levels of staff and duties. Work place culture is equal. The hardest part of the job is stock take, long standing hours and managing discrepancies. The most enjoyable part of the job is the capturing onto the system but mostly the GRV processes.
Pros
December bonus
Cons
Working extra hours/ weekends unpaid
Gives a person a chance
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng13 February 2018
I cant say much, Booyco helped me by giving me the opportunity to work there and I am happy I had the experience of working there. I learnt a lot. It is a very strong based company.
Admin
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lydenburg, Mpumalanga28 July 2017
Constantly working long hours and unfortunately the company does not appreciate the effort the employees put in to make the company successful.Management bring personal issues to the workplace.
Pros
Working with staff and mine employees
2,0
Good place to start. Not a good place to remain
technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 December 2016
Its a good company to start working for. But after a few months it will be clear that its not a good place to remain at. Salary isnt bad and benefits are okay. Contract states that it requires you for 9 hours per day, in actual fact it requires you for closer to 14 hours a day. Managers are not trained for the position so poor planning is a daily thing. Your family life will suffer as you will almost never be home. If you work hard you will get more work than other people. No recognition for hard work. You could also be bullied or forced to work overtime. Not a great place overall to work if you have kids.
Pros
salary and benefits are okay
Cons
long hours. harsh working conditions. poor planning. forced overtime. lots of friction.
1,0
Difficult
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 November 2016
The company is not an easy company to work for, they do no training, they expect you to walk in and know exactly how they work. The environment is harsh and unfriendly.
Pros
Working hours on Fridays is from 7.30am to 1.30pm
Cons
Working there is a con.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West25 May 2016
A typical day at work consisted of work for a full 8 hours. I learned how to plan and getting filing up to date. Management was very professional and a pleasure to work with. My co-workers was friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting everything up to date. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different divisions and co-workers at various branches.
Business Development in South Africa
National Sales Manager/Divisional Head (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa3 November 2014
Travelling to all corners of South Africa, building a client base for a newly started company gave purpose to the daily hustle.

Management was autocratic yet dynamic but lead to a clash of personalities

Working on a shoe string budget yet landing long term contract proofed challenging that lead to long term relationships with customers.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Limited family time
Flat structure
HR Asistant/ Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP20 May 2014
Its a great environment to start a career. They have great learning and development structures in place. You are mentored and supported by all means by well skilled individuals. Love their culture of promoting from inside because it is very motivating for the staff.
Pros
Braais when we are celebrating
Cons
Meet deadlines
2,0
Challenging and Fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  Gauteng15 June 2012
Review new software in Engineering
I have learned to deveop people skills and indepth electronics skills
I came to the point where I studied, understood and accepted other people's culture and behavior to help me be a perfect team member.

The hardest part of my job is to wake up anytime when the clieant needs help i.e 2:00AM

This job is fun ,chakllenging because it is customisable to any which operation the client may need. i get to be forever learning new skills and way to write the software according to the client's needs.
Pros
dynamic
Cons
short tea and luch breaks, unfair labour practices.