British American Tobacco

Found 147 reviews matching the search See all 2 135 reviews
1,0
A Scam to say the least
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 February 2020
Well presented on the surface but very low salary, no over time, over worked, forget about getting your pension fund money back when you retire. Small for small pay when one is doing higher rank taskstasks
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Slavery with peanuts
High Risk Job
Pre-sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape27 January 2020
Great company to work for with great benefits and salary, very stressful targets and management not really doing their all to support you. I've had a total of 9 hijackings and 2 shootouts. I had to leave for my wellbeing
Pros
Great organisation with great benefits and incentive
Cons
Definite hijacking
Poor
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roodepoort, Gauteng28 December 2019
They discriminated against me being pregnant. The people were awesome except the person over me. The rest of tbe company are wonderful people especially the reps. They are always helpful.
Productive and you learn so much about Sales and Marketing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gauteng12 December 2019
Best company to work for. Work-life is great. You need quite a lot about Sales and Marketing which will greatly benefit you in your career. It is unfortunate there are not a lot of opportunities because the company had to restructure and get rid of some of the positions.
2,0
Fun Workplace but significant Poor Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 December 2019
Its a great company to work for based on the friendly atmosphere/attitude of its employees and its salary structure is very well structured.
A big NO is their management people from top level to lower management, they lack general understanding of .managing staff.
Personal Advancement in the company is Zero to Nil, unless you know someone from management who can create a position for you or encourage you to apply for a particular position. Favouritism is a culture.
Rewarding & Fun
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape / Cape Town7 November 2019
I loved working at B.A.T. where I got to interact with some of the nicest people at all levels. Although it is a very structured company, management is always open to new ways of working. At BAT, people come from many cultures and background so it was great working with such diverse group of humans. I loved the open door policy I had with my line managers.
4,0
I'm a hardworker who is commited and dedicated to his work and I also a peoples person.
General Ledger Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape15 October 2019
I'm a qualified accountant under SAIPA with more than 10 years of experience.

I'm currently working for EOH Mthombo who is having more that 700 companies under EOH Mthombo. I work for their shared services in Western Cape with a portfolio of 11 companies with different needs.

We do: Balance sheet recons, Vat Returns, EMP201's, creditors recons, debtors recons, payments and the whole cashbook function for local companies who also have a few foreign transactions.
Pros
Good working environment
Committed and energetic
general worker (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg, Gauteng9 October 2019
I'm a dependable, punctual,motivated hard worker. I'm seeking to find employment at a company that would allow me to grow as a person and an employee,and take on challenges that lie ahead. I will endeavor to effectively perform all my tasks as required by the company and maintain the standard as defined by you.
Productive and workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  George, Western Cape18 September 2019
The environment was goal orientated. My collegues where of great standard with vast experience in the FMCG industry.Called on about 40 clients a day ranging from Spaza shops run by foreign nationals to organized groceries and forecourts. The hardest part of the organisation was non deliveries and point of sale availabillity and execusion. Most enjoyable part was the road shows of new product launches and the developement online programmes
Is a good company
Qualified artisan (fitter and turner) (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg, Gauteng10 September 2019
Safety conscious company, it cares more about its workers, clean environment. I have always had good relationships with my colleagues and I really enjoyed doing my training with the company.
productive and fun enviroment
Pre sales representative (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng27 August 2019
a typical day at work was informal outlets planned for the day.
i learned stratergic planning and EHS employee health and safety,lounching new tobacco product.
profit planning for outlets and the company its self.
workplace culture,the hardest part of the job was avoding incidents.
the most enjoyable part of the job achieving targets for the day,weekly and monthly Never straggled smooth sailing.
really enjoyed the global positive program*****
Productive and exciting place
Regional Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Western Cape21 August 2019
BAT is the best company to work for. It is therefor a company that I many recommend to employees. I have learned quite a lot in my role as Regional HR Business Partner within BAT.
Managing staff
Site controller/Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Rand, Gauteng9 August 2019
I'm the best person on what I am doing and experiences and knowledge I have in this industry it can suit me well to be a good asset to the organization
Productive, good management
Assistant to Packaging Developers Management (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch13 July 2019
Best company, Nice staff, safe environment - Management are consistent and helpful.

Always had assistance when I didn't know something, trying is 100%

Wonderful building with cafeteria, food was affordable and nice

People are all around helpful and friendly, close knit family environment while very professional.

One of my best jobs ever!

Sadly my contract ended and they moved to the Waterfront, but as far as I know they are still the best!
Pros
Flexibility
5,0
Bad
PROMPT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape2 July 2019
Company only care about profit not people that are working for them. High jackings were not treated well, traijings were there but they were not helping to treat trauma after highjackings
5,0
Enjoyable and sociable environment really great management style
Senior Analyst (General Ledger Dept.) (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape21 June 2019
I worked for the finance support function of BAT called BASS AME.

We worked with all the rules that was applicable to the BAT culture and environment.

It was a challenging work stimulus that drove me to where I am today.

I was privaleged that we were not micro managed as we did what was expected.

BAT has a perfect balance between work and other activities such as regular team building events that really gave us a sense of appreciation as a global BAT employee.
Pros
Free samples of BAT products such as tobacco
Cons
commuting to work
British American South Africa review
Prompt and Presales Representative (Hypo) (Former Employee) –  George, Western Cape19 June 2019
Brilliant company to work for. Learnt a lot and the people I worked with were just fantastic. Called on 30 customers a day. Learnt the art of selling, logistics and route planning and optimization.

Hardest part was customers commit to a sale but then dont except the order the next day from the courier.

Best part of the job was the people I engaged with and now have a great understanding of South Western Districts.
Pros
Full benefits and company car
Cons
No commissions
Productivity
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape11 June 2019
Great company to work for and to be associated with. Creative and innovative business knowing where they want to be and how to reach it.
Brand driven.
Productive and Fun to work, FMCG University
Trade Marketing & Distribution Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Western Cape17 May 2019
Great place and culture to work, FMCG education University, excellent product knowledge and Induction, excellent working tools, product promotions, the hardest part of the job was Roberries and car high jacking. Outlets segmentation education according to classes of trade.
Pros
Great Packs-14th Cheque during my time of employment
Cons
N/a
4,0
Hard-working but fun work place
Administration and Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg, Gauteng6 May 2019
I learned a lot about working with other people and building a relationship with them.

Every day you learn something new and get more experienced.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is never a dull moment. Everyone is always friendly and will help you where they can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British American Tobacco. Our community is ready to answer.

4,4