British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

Found 140 reviews matching the search See all 1 763 reviews
Committed and energetic
general worker (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg, Gauteng9 October 2019
I'm a dependable, punctual,motivated hard worker. I'm seeking to find employment at a company that would allow me to grow as a person and an employee,and take on challenges that lie ahead. I will endeavor to effectively perform all my tasks as required by the company and maintain the standard as defined by you.
Productive and workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  George, Western Cape18 September 2019
The environment was goal orientated. My collegues where of great standard with vast experience in the FMCG industry.Called on about 40 clients a day ranging from Spaza shops run by foreign nationals to organized groceries and forecourts. The hardest part of the organisation was non deliveries and point of sale availabillity and execusion. Most enjoyable part was the road shows of new product launches and the developement online programmes
Is a good company
Qualified artisan (fitter and turner) (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg, Gauteng10 September 2019
Safety conscious company, it cares more about its workers, clean environment. I have always had good relationships with my colleagues and I really enjoyed doing my training with the company.
productive and fun enviroment
Pre sales representative (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng27 August 2019
a typical day at work was informal outlets planned for the day.
i learned stratergic planning and EHS employee health and safety,lounching new tobacco product.
profit planning for outlets and the company its self.
workplace culture,the hardest part of the job was avoding incidents.
the most enjoyable part of the job achieving targets for the day,weekly and monthly Never straggled smooth sailing.
really enjoyed the global positive program*****
Productive and exciting place
Regional Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Western Cape21 August 2019
BAT is the best company to work for. It is therefor a company that I many recommend to employees. I have learned quite a lot in my role as Regional HR Business Partner within BAT.
Managing staff
Site controller/Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Rand, Gauteng9 August 2019
I'm the best person on what I am doing and experiences and knowledge I have in this industry it can suit me well to be a good asset to the organization
Productive, good management
Assistant to Packaging Developers Management (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch13 July 2019
Best company, Nice staff, safe environment - Management are consistent and helpful.

Always had assistance when I didn't know something, trying is 100%

Wonderful building with cafeteria, food was affordable and nice

People are all around helpful and friendly, close knit family environment while very professional.

One of my best jobs ever!

Sadly my contract ended and they moved to the Waterfront, but as far as I know they are still the best!
Pros
Flexibility
5,0
Bad
PROMPT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape2 July 2019
Company only care about profit not people that are working for them. High jackings were not treated well, traijings were there but they were not helping to treat trauma after highjackings
5,0
Enjoyable and sociable environment really great management style
Senior Analyst (General Ledger Dept.) (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape21 June 2019
I worked for the finance support function of BAT called BASS AME.

We worked with all the rules that was applicable to the BAT culture and environment.

It was a challenging work stimulus that drove me to where I am today.

I was privaleged that we were not micro managed as we did what was expected.

BAT has a perfect balance between work and other activities such as regular team building events that really gave us a sense of appreciation as a global BAT employee.
Pros
Free samples of BAT products such as tobacco
Cons
commuting to work
British American South Africa review
Prompt and Presales Representative (Hypo) (Former Employee) –  George, Western Cape19 June 2019
Brilliant company to work for. Learnt a lot and the people I worked with were just fantastic. Called on 30 customers a day. Learnt the art of selling, logistics and route planning and optimization.

Hardest part was customers commit to a sale but then dont except the order the next day from the courier.

Best part of the job was the people I engaged with and now have a great understanding of South Western Districts.
Pros
Full benefits and company car
Cons
No commissions
Productivity
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape11 June 2019
Great company to work for and to be associated with. Creative and innovative business knowing where they want to be and how to reach it.
Brand driven.
Productive and Fun to work, FMCG University
Trade Marketing & Distribution Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Western Cape17 May 2019
Great place and culture to work, FMCG education University, excellent product knowledge and Induction, excellent working tools, product promotions, the hardest part of the job was Roberries and car high jacking. Outlets segmentation education according to classes of trade.
Pros
Great Packs-14th Cheque during my time of employment
Cons
N/a
4,0
Hard-working but fun work place
Administration and Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg, Gauteng6 May 2019
I learned a lot about working with other people and building a relationship with them.

Every day you learn something new and get more experienced.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is never a dull moment. Everyone is always friendly and will help you where they can.
Awesome place to work
Business Risk & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town6 February 2019
BATSA was a preferred employer for quite some time, but the markets for cigarette sales and distribution has become volatile and risky. Managing the risk of robberies and hijackings has become the sole purpose of the job.
Pros
Ample free time
Cons
travelling
5,0
A fun environment in a professional setting
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape8 January 2019
A lot has changed since I stopped working at BAT but I loved the relaxed, friendly atmosphere. BAT really looked after their staff and potential for career growth was good until it needed to downsize the market in which I was working. You are rewarded for hard work.
Planning
Prompt sales rep (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 December 2018
Besides the hijackings the company took good care of us.From gift lunches.One thing i can say i learned was planning we went through every morning.The culture was very easy to get use to cause everyone was willing to help at all cost.
Pros
yes we had lunches
Cons
we definatly had long working hours cause we begun at 6:00 at times finished at 19:45
4,0
great company, high performance, great learning ground
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Africa22 November 2018
They had an amazing talent management programme. Their strategy process was inclusive. They push for high performance and it shows in their results. They are not afraid to use their talent in all areas of the business. This provides opportunities to expose talent to new things and grows the skill level in the individual.

They have been hard on their people with the weekly hijackings that took place. People suffered. Nobody cared but I believe that they have changed the sales model to reduce hijackings now.

They used a dogged, fear by management culture to implement that route to market. Their best leadership talent left because of these changes.

I believe they have tried to make it better. They went from an amazing people culture to a very harsh one whilst I was there.
I cannot speak for the current culture.

IF you want to understand the words "High Performance" and are open to learning and working very hard... BAT is the place to be. You will learn. You will grow. and if you achieve, you will develop your career to wherever you want it to go.
that's priceless.
5,0
Solid company to work for
Debtors Clerk/Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape20 November 2018
I was only hired for a contract while somebody was on maternity leave.
Lots of incentives.
Lots of roadshows to keep company spirit up and lots of goody bags
Pros
Cafeteria, Playrooms, Focus rooms
Cons
so sad it was only a contract, would have liked to say on
fun to work at BAT
Production Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 October 2018
To take over from your colleague was always interesting ,learned most of my skills from BAT,there was always a good understanding between the different cultures ,the shifts were always hard to get used to ,the most enjoyable part was to see the production flow
Pros
Had a big lounge
Cons
shifts
5,0
Great workspace and wonderful co-workers
Mechatronic Intern (Current Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape19 October 2018
BAT is a well organised workplace that provides great learning opportunity. Moral at his branch is high and has all the criteria for a great workplace met. The staff is friendly and always have time for a joke or to between working really hard when times are pushing.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Waiting periods for parts to arrive from over seas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British American Tobacco. Our community is ready to answer.

4,4