buco Employee Reviews

1,0
I gave 1 star because that's the lowest you can give. I would give minus stars if I could
Worker head office (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 October 2018
Thing may have been good at branch level (judging from other comments) but that may be because most stores are franchised.

At the head offic, conditions are terrible, systems archaic (the only company I know that still uses invoice books with carbon paper)

Management. Wow. Don't have enough words. Awful is an understatement. I would discourage anyone from applying for any roles here. Staff are only cogs. Decisions are made behind closed doors and not discussed. Expect to be expendable by any means necessary. And I do mean by any means.

They know every loophole too. You will always be outsmarted and outnumbered. The fact that they are part of steinhoff should already sound alarm bells.

I suffered extreme psychological distress after my time there.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
5,0
Productive,fun and keeps you on your toes
Salesman/Junior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Alfred, Eastern Cape11 October 2018
Work day is always full of learning at Buco but with great management and amazing work collages the pressure was always lifted a bit

The most enjoyable part of working at Buco was customer satisfaction and being able to help out where I can

Working at Buco was always full of laughs and excellent and exciting people
Pros
The management are always there to help
Cons
Stock take:-) hahaha
3,0
Good
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Steve Tshwete, Mpumalanga30 January 2018
Poor MD

Branch Management at the top is very unproffesional but managers under him is the most caring ,strict and understranding people. Joy to work for floor and project manager
Pros
Loved what i did
Cons
Branch manager is worst
great work place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lydenburg, Mpumalanga9 October 2017
Buco Hardware Lydenburg is great working place loads of customers come in daily company teaches you about stock controll and pricing of items. new systems to work on makes challanging
Pros
Freindly co workers
3,0
There is communication between the workers
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape6 September 2017
I had good communication with other employees and I learned alot from them because they had teach me how to approach customers I like their commitment
Cash Managemant
Cash Management CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West24 July 2017
It was fun at times, you worked with a lot of cash daily so you have to count in detail to make sure about the amonuts. We cashed up with bookkeeper and they checked everything that was a very nice so if you made a mistake you would know about it immediately..

I loved the people, some of them were my friends. I liked working for them, I learned so much.
Pros
provident fund
Cons
normal hours and saterdays
4,0
There was challenges
Manager (Former Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo7 July 2016
I learned allot and gained allot of experience at high level management.
Traveled allot.
Client relationships was build at high levels.
Building up a small business to a highly competive business.
Pros
experience
Cons
conflict
4,0
Learnd n lot at Buco
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Lydenburg, Mpumalanga28 June 2016
Doing quotes on roofs,order stock,helping customers,did do sales and project management cources,was very learning full.
Pros
traveling alowns
Cons
Stock take
BUCO is a 3 star company
Head off department Saes (Current Employee) –  Malelane10 July 2015
This is a fairly new company who is learning new things everyday from management right thru to the lower level employees. The daily task done by me is sorting the stock levels aqua ring stock to satisfy the needs off every client that shop in or per technology This is managing every aspect off sales.
Pros
Good learing experiance
Cons
Slow groth opportunities
2,0
can do better
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC5 January 2015
A typical day at work is just doing my work and once done then just sitting around doing nothing, wishing the day could end and just go home.

It's not enjoyable and I wish I had an enjoyable part of my job cause I want to have reason to come to work but unfortunately I don't.

What I can say is that I only find joy in what I do when I see my customers are happy as I take good care of hir needs. They always come first.

I have learnt a lot from my job and have gained experience that I can make use of at a new workplace environment.

Management? Well we've been running our branch withou a manager for a few months now so I can't really say anything about management except that higher up I feel the company will be dead a few years from now.

Co-workers all are sad saps that don't know the first meaning of teamwork but I never let get me down I tried hard to show them how things should be.

The hardest part of my job is my job but I try and make it work cause that's life and I have responsibilities.
Pros
Meeting new people daily
Cons
hours, not being appretiated, my work and what I put in is not acknowledge nor paid for.
Estimator and designer (Former Employee) –  Empangeni, ZN26 November 2014
A great place to work with all the needed support. Feels like family.
The company ensures we have team building activities . All the assistance you needed was there when you were not sure about something.

If you performed you always got recognised for a job well done.
3,0
Buco was a busy place but not fun for in recieving the work conditions arent fun
Recieving clerck (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, NW22 January 2014
I didnt like ecieving it wasnt pleasent at all and the people who you work with do not treat you with any respect.
Pros
Non
Cons
Exeptionally long hours
3,0
Fun working as a team with the Cashiers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brits24 October 2012
A typial work day at work will be starting busy untill the end serving clients and being friendly. Solve problems before it gets out of hand. Management do not deal with problems only when they are presurised by Head office they will deal with problem solving. Co-workers are working together as a team helping and serving the clients with a smile. The most enjoyable part was when clients leave with a smile on their faces. The hardest part is when clients are unhappy about service form the sales departments.
Pros
free lunches on public holidays
Cons
working long hours