Business Connexion Employee Reviews

2,0
Vibrant environment with a lack of Telecommunications knowledge
Senior Management Global Services (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 January 2019
Human factor of cultural differences between IT and Telecoms were not considered well.

Global markets are divorcing Cloud and access providers as customers demand choice of suppliers of Cloud, IT and access providers respectively

Limited stability in top management
3,0
Like minded people whom you can learn alot from
Junior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, South Africa3 January 2019
Typical workday consists of daily troubleshooting on the account you assigned to. This can be anything from 1st to 3rd line support. Learnt alot from my time at BCX as I worked with a great team.

They could put more resources into developing young staff.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Bad Management and Growth
4,0
Learned technical skills working with multiple teams
Principle Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centurion, SouthAfrica21 December 2018
Learned technical skills working with multiple teams as senior systems engineer and mostly involved in WAR room sessions to findout rootcause/ bottleneck on different issues.
Productivity
IT Helpdesk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng11 September 2018
Good customer service
Follow up on service delivered to clients
Opportunity for Improvement
Good Environment
Exposure to different environments
Good management structures
Pros
Technology is up to date
Cons
working on weekends
Great
Incident co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng28 August 2018
Great company
I enjoy every minute working
The people are willing to help
N training is helpful
So anyone willing to learn is more than welcome to work there
1,0
Work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 August 2018
Nothing interested happening thus I want to leave urgently

No increase
No bonus
No team lunch
Pertol cost 16 hello
No growth
No training offered
Pros
nothing
Cons
no increase, no bonus, no thank you, no team lunch, no training
3,0
System Support Technical Engineer & Operations (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 June 2018
- Administration, Installation, maintenance, customization and support in Linux, HPUX, SOLARIS, AIX and Windows servers
- Making sure of system availability all UNIX Operating Systems and Windows servers
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level support doing Installation, maintenance, customization, monitoring, backups and users support
- Support to development teams and liaison with software vendors.
- Disaster Recovery implementation.
- Involved in the installation, maintenance, configuration and daily support of UNIX and Windows systems.
- Monitor systems for performance, document and troubleshoot problems.
- Making sure all process on server infrastructure are up-to-date and functional.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of systems, operational procedures, topology and hardware/software inventory within the UNIX infrastructure.
- Maintaining and coordinating servicing of all servers and peripherals.
Productive and Fun
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eastern Cape4 June 2018
Working at business connexion has been a wonderful experience which allowed me to grow as an individual and within my career i have learnt a lot from my colleagues and had the opportunity to work with great clients
Productive and fun place
Treasurer - South Africa (Former Employee) –  South Africa2 June 2018
Treasury accounting and cashflow forecasting. Keeping employees accountable for their forecasts were the hardest part of the day. They most enjoyable part was training employees of the value of proper cashflow forecasting and the effect of hedging forex on the bottom line.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Growth in the company was slow
Beautiful offices
IT Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, south africa7 May 2018
It was a good company but it's difficult to give it a valid rating seeing that i was only a contractor and they called for my services only as and when required.
Pros
I got lunch vouchers
Cons
I couldn't get a permanent job as there was restructuring at the time
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  JOHANNESBURG6 April 2018
Management systems is a bit ok, and not all that fine.because of the different systems from different individual manager.

The most enjoyable part is that, you are able to interact with client and render support .
Hard Work
Service Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Hotazel, Northern Cape28 March 2018
General meeting each morning with team
Ensure all client requests/complaints are met/resolved. To ensure all staff members keep to the time lines/problem resolved when calls are logged via clients.
Weekly meetings held with client
Nice environment to work in.
I enjoyed my time here.
IT Field Engineer / Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 February 2018
I'm sure it's much different today than what it was in 2009. Worked a 3 month probation period with BCX back in 2009. My probational salary was very good, but after those 3 months they wanted to cut my salary by half. Unfortunately that's difficult to survive on and massive pay cuts like that are extremely discouraging...so I left.
Work environment was great, it was the ideal job for me. Everyday was busy...building PC's, repairing laptops, and responding to field calls. I thoroughly enjoyed working here, but it's a real bummer they decided to cut my salary.
Pros
Very big and successful company, Opportunities
Cons
Pay cut
Dynamic and Disruptive
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng23 January 2018
Under the leadership of CEO Ian Russell, BCX has transformed into a dynamic, disruptive company. The ability to deliver its service offerings with agility is what sets this company apart from its competitors.
5,0
fun workplace but challenging at times
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 January 2018
Started there as a young man and grew into an amazing individual .business connexion gave me amazing opportunities what a great company to work for just sorry a never grabbed all that came my way
2,0
Very hectic
Junior Fusion Middleware Developer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng12 January 2018
Typical day would include attending to calls,solving problems that arises on a daily basis.
I've learned how to build domains,I even learned linux.
The management on the vodacom account are good i only have nice things to say about them i can't really complain.
Work space is conducive for one to work to their best o their ability.
The hardest part of the job is when systems are down and we have to fix under pressure from the clients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you learn something new everyday,each comes with different challenges that one must overcome.
Pros
Friday lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work for
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 November 2017
strict hours that you need to adhere to
Culture is great in terms of, when you are at the client you do not feel like you are not part of the company
HR is involved as lot with resources
Pros
Great working culture
Cons
Hardly ever get flexible hours
Focused and versed
BI Specialist/Senior DBA (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg south africa2 October 2017
I would like a working environment that recognizes potential and has good career growth. i am a versed and focused individual who works with commitment and confidence. Punctual and reliable
Pros
lunches
Cons
working hours
Good brand
Application Integration Head (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 September 2017
Lots of uncertainty with telkom acquisition at the time.

Big gap between group executives understanding of how and what employees experience on the ground.
Overall work atmosphere
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng1 August 2017
The company has a strong structure and great growing potential but unfortunately they do not take care of their employees. The growth within the company is not based on the quality of the work delivered but on a bases of " who you know". Furthermore they do not cater for team motivation or development or team growth.
Pros
Cons
no equal and fair growth