Business Connexion Employee Reviews

2,0
Vibrant environment with a lack of Telecommunications knowledge
Senior Management Global Services (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 January 2019
Human factor of cultural differences between IT and Telecoms were not considered well.

Global markets are divorcing Cloud and access providers as customers demand choice of suppliers of Cloud, IT and access providers respectively

Limited stability in top management
3,0
Like minded people whom you can learn alot from
Junior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, South Africa3 January 2019
Typical workday consists of daily troubleshooting on the account you assigned to. This can be anything from 1st to 3rd line support. Learnt alot from my time at BCX as I worked with a great team.

They could put more resources into developing young staff.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Bad Management and Growth
Productivity
IT Helpdesk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng11 September 2018
Good customer service
Follow up on service delivered to clients
Opportunity for Improvement
Good Environment
Exposure to different environments
Good management structures
Pros
Technology is up to date
Cons
working on weekends
3,0
System Support Technical Engineer & Operations (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 June 2018
- Administration, Installation, maintenance, customization and support in Linux, HPUX, SOLARIS, AIX and Windows servers
- Making sure of system availability all UNIX Operating Systems and Windows servers
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level support doing Installation, maintenance, customization, monitoring, backups and users support
- Support to development teams and liaison with software vendors.
- Disaster Recovery implementation.
- Involved in the installation, maintenance, configuration and daily support of UNIX and Windows systems.
- Monitor systems for performance, document and troubleshoot problems.
- Making sure all process on server infrastructure are up-to-date and functional.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of systems, operational procedures, topology and hardware/software inventory within the UNIX infrastructure.
- Maintaining and coordinating servicing of all servers and peripherals.
4,0
Learned technical skills working with multiple teams
Principle Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Centurion, SouthAfrica21 December 2018
Learned technical skills working with multiple teams as senior systems engineer and mostly involved in WAR room sessions to findout rootcause/ bottleneck on different issues.
Productive and Fun
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eastern Cape4 June 2018
Working at business connexion has been a wonderful experience which allowed me to grow as an individual and within my career i have learnt a lot from my colleagues and had the opportunity to work with great clients
I enjoyed my time here.
IT Field Engineer / Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 February 2018
I'm sure it's much different today than what it was in 2009. Worked a 3 month probation period with BCX back in 2009. My probational salary was very good, but after those 3 months they wanted to cut my salary by half. Unfortunately that's difficult to survive on and massive pay cuts like that are extremely discouraging...so I left.
Work environment was great, it was the ideal job for me. Everyday was busy...building PC's, repairing laptops, and responding to field calls. I thoroughly enjoyed working here, but it's a real bummer they decided to cut my salary.
Pros
Very big and successful company, Opportunities
Cons
Pay cut
3,0
Solid stable company, nice working culture, large company to work for.
Operations Analyst / Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng30 May 2017
Shift work, Operations Team lead and Operations Analyst.
Hands on managerial approach, nice team work culture.
Hardest part of the job is the shift work that consists of 12 hour shifts, working almost every weekend.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, good salary.
Pros
Good people, nice culture.
Cons
Long Hours, not the best of management, work almost every weekend.
2,0
No accountability, and a very unfair work environment
Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng7 November 2016
For anyone cosidering a position at this company, specifically in the IT department, please consider the following before joining them:

Long and unstable work hours. Shift work in particular is abbysmal as you cant have any life outside work due to how it is structured. It is literally work and sleep, and long hours over weekends as well.
Managment takes no accountability. Everything that goes wrong is the employees fault.
No training is given, its a "sink or swim" attitude, and this directly correlates to the above point.
Contract workers, which seems to be all they employ now has absolutely no benefits, not even paid sick or annual leave.
No opportunity for growth. Where you start you will stay.

The only good thing I can say is that the people I worked with are very friendly and helpful, excluding any form of management who seems to not really care or take any responsibility whatsoever.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, occasional off days
Cons
Shift work, no benefits, no job security, no room for growth, no formal training
1,0
Work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 August 2018
Nothing interested happening thus I want to leave urgently

No increase
No bonus
No team lunch
Pertol cost 16 hello
No growth
No training offered
Pros
nothing
Cons
no increase, no bonus, no thank you, no team lunch, no training
Very hectic
Junior Fusion Middleware Developer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng12 January 2018
Typical day would include attending to calls,solving problems that arises on a daily basis.
I've learned how to build domains,I even learned linux.
The management on the vodacom account are good i only have nice things to say about them i can't really complain.
Work space is conducive for one to work to their best o their ability.
The hardest part of the job is when systems are down and we have to fix under pressure from the clients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you learn something new everyday,each comes with different challenges that one must overcome.
Pros
Friday lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great
Incident co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng28 August 2018
Great company
I enjoy every minute working
The people are willing to help
N training is helpful
So anyone willing to learn is more than welcome to work there
Productivity and work culture
Junior Customer Engineer & (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, GP12 March 2015
A typical day at work
1. Listen to client requests and problems over the phone
2. Did 1st Line support, that is connected to their machines remotely and resolved they software incidents
3. I did PC roll-out projects

What have you learned
1.I have learned how to be patient and empathetic with client
2. I gave a lot of experience in customer service

1. Race was the deciding factor for your career path
Your co-workers

1. I got along well with them and we exchange knowledge with each other

The hardest part of the job
1. I was studying a lot so that I can move up, but could not grow due to politics

The most enjoyable part of the job
1. Helping people and interacting with colleagues
Pros
Learning a lot from skilled people
Cons
Politics
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  JOHANNESBURG6 April 2018
Management systems is a bit ok, and not all that fine.because of the different systems from different individual manager.

The most enjoyable part is that, you are able to interact with client and render support .
Productive and fun place
Treasurer - South Africa (Former Employee) –  South Africa2 June 2018
Treasury accounting and cashflow forecasting. Keeping employees accountable for their forecasts were the hardest part of the day. They most enjoyable part was training employees of the value of proper cashflow forecasting and the effect of hedging forex on the bottom line.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Growth in the company was slow
2,0
Pricing and Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng3 January 2017
A typical day involves pricing of complex deals/tenders in both private and public sector. This involves continuous management and integration of pricing from different business units, ensuring that we remain competitive and profitable.

The job is highly demanding and requires one to work well under pressure and still remain focused, accurate and pay attention to detail. The job is highly specialised and one engages at all levels of management, and thus the job has provided one with extensive senior and executive management exposure and experience in terms of decision making.

What I have learned over the six years in the role, is being on time for deadlines all the time, even if it means going the extra mile all the time.
Beautiful offices
IT Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, south africa7 May 2018
It was a good company but it's difficult to give it a valid rating seeing that i was only a contractor and they called for my services only as and when required.
Pros
I got lunch vouchers
Cons
I couldn't get a permanent job as there was restructuring at the time
3,0
Great People to work with but stressful demand on individual
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng10 November 2016
I enjoy working with the people but the job is often stressful and unpleasant due to management processes that have been implemented. The environment created is often one of "every man for himself".

I have learned a lot about myself and what i am capable of in this position. But i am often restricted due to a shortfall of resources when i want to develop my skills or grow in my career.

There is no encouragement to develop one's skills to ensure a better future. Management is often restrictive on the availability of information toward its employees.
Pros
Free gifts from suppliers
Cons
Micro management, no incentives for great working ethic
Productive and so IT based
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg8 March 2013
Working on fixing client computers,printers and TVTs.I learnt how to communicate with clients and how to work under pressure as by meeting Service Level Agreements.I have always had a good relationship with my co-workers.I was even given an opportunity to engage in server projects with my senior technicians.I learnt a lot in this company.And the hardest part of my job was when a client refused to pend a call due equipment replacement.Since I was a field technician,I enjoyed meeting and communicating with different people from various cultures.It was so interesting.And most importantly,I enjoyed my relationship with my manager and team leaders.
Pros
course training benefits
Cons
nothing that i have experienced
Dynamic and Disruptive
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng23 January 2018
Under the leadership of CEO Ian Russell, BCX has transformed into a dynamic, disruptive company. The ability to deliver its service offerings with agility is what sets this company apart from its competitors.