Business Connexion Employee Reviews

Work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 August 2018
Nothing interested happening thus I want to leave urgently

No increase
No bonus
No team lunch
Pertol cost 16 hello
No growth
No training offered
Pros
nothing
Cons
no increase, no bonus, no thank you, no team lunch, no training
Productive and Fun
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eastern Cape4 June 2018
Working at business connexion has been a wonderful experience which allowed me to grow as an individual and within my career i have learnt a lot from my colleagues and had the opportunity to work with great clients
Productive and fun place
Treasurer - South Africa (Former Employee) –  South Africa2 June 2018
Treasury accounting and cashflow forecasting. Keeping employees accountable for their forecasts were the hardest part of the day. They most enjoyable part was training employees of the value of proper cashflow forecasting and the effect of hedging forex on the bottom line.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Growth in the company was slow
Beautiful offices
IT Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, south africa7 May 2018
It was a good company but it's difficult to give it a valid rating seeing that i was only a contractor and they called for my services only as and when required.
Pros
I got lunch vouchers
Cons
I couldn't get a permanent job as there was restructuring at the time
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  JOHANNESBURG6 April 2018
Management systems is a bit ok, and not all that fine.because of the different systems from different individual manager.

The most enjoyable part is that, you are able to interact with client and render support .
I enjoyed my time here.
IT Field Engineer / Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 February 2018
I'm sure it's much different today than what it was in 2009. Worked a 3 month probation period with BCX back in 2009. My probational salary was very good, but after those 3 months they wanted to cut my salary by half. Unfortunately that's difficult to survive on and massive pay cuts like that are extremely discouraging...so I left.
Work environment was great, it was the ideal job for me. Everyday was busy...building PC's, repairing laptops, and responding to field calls. I thoroughly enjoyed working here, but it's a real bummer they decided to cut my salary.
Pros
Very big and successful company, Opportunities
Cons
Pay cut
Dynamic and Disruptive
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng23 January 2018
Under the leadership of CEO Ian Russell, BCX has transformed into a dynamic, disruptive company. The ability to deliver its service offerings with agility is what sets this company apart from its competitors.
fun workplace but challenging at times
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 January 2018
Started there as a young man and grew into an amazing individual .business connexion gave me amazing opportunities what a great company to work for just sorry a never grabbed all that came my way
Very hectic
Junior Fusion Middleware Developer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng12 January 2018
Typical day would include attending to calls,solving problems that arises on a daily basis.
I've learned how to build domains,I even learned linux.
The management on the vodacom account are good i only have nice things to say about them i can't really complain.
Work space is conducive for one to work to their best o their ability.
The hardest part of the job is when systems are down and we have to fix under pressure from the clients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you learn something new everyday,each comes with different challenges that one must overcome.
Pros
Friday lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work for
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 November 2017
strict hours that you need to adhere to
Culture is great in terms of, when you are at the client you do not feel like you are not part of the company
HR is involved as lot with resources
Pros
Great working culture
Cons
Hardly ever get flexible hours
Focused and versed
BI Specialist/Senior DBA (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg south africa2 October 2017
I would like a working environment that recognizes potential and has good career growth. i am a versed and focused individual who works with commitment and confidence. Punctual and reliable
Pros
lunches
Cons
working hours
Good brand
Application Integration Head (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 September 2017
Lots of uncertainty with telkom acquisition at the time.

Big gap between group executives understanding of how and what employees experience on the ground.
Overall work atmosphere
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng1 August 2017
The company has a strong structure and great growing potential but unfortunately they do not take care of their employees. The growth within the company is not based on the quality of the work delivered but on a bases of " who you know". Furthermore they do not cater for team motivation or development or team growth.
Pros
Cons
no equal and fair growth
Great learning space
Junior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng1 August 2017
A great information technology company, with great semi casual environment and excellent and highly skilled employees.
Benefits are great and career growth is good.
Good working environment and fun work place
Junior administration officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 July 2017
Was amazing working there and learned a lot. The people I worked with were fun honest and loyal people. The only thing that was needed is benefits but either then that I enjoyed working there
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No benefits
Productive and Fun Workplace
Junior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng29 June 2017
I learned a lot from BCX, its a wonderful place to work. The workplace is a productive area with a lot of benefits. The long hours of shifts is a con, but night shift is quite enjoyable.
Great company terrible people in management
Senior systems engineer (Current Employee) –  johannesburg3 June 2017
They only see numbers not people, I work in a great team that creates big profits but unfortunately that is not always enough for success in keeping an employee happy,
Pros
good salary
Cons
terrible management
Solid stable company, nice working culture, large company to work for.
Operations Analyst / Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng30 May 2017
Shift work, Operations Team lead and Operations Analyst.
Hands on managerial approach, nice team work culture.
Hardest part of the job is the shift work that consists of 12 hour shifts, working almost every weekend.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, good salary.
Pros
Good people, nice culture.
Cons
Long Hours, not the best of management, work almost every weekend.
Efficent
Helpdesk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng20 May 2017
The day depends on current issues that the companies we provide a service to is having.

The workplace is very efficient as everyone who works there is in some way or form connected to IT.
Pros
IT experience
Cons
No Growth
Funplace to work
Customer Engineer, SMC (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal20 April 2017
Interacting with new people everyday was exciting as a customer engineer. Learning and experiencing something new was the best part as a start to a working life. The environment was awesome with very helpfull and supportive colleuges.
Pros
Free telephone, internet and long breaks
Cons
Contract postion