Bytes Managed Solutions

Bytes Managed Solutions Employee Reviews

Learning phase
Helpdesk Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 January 2020
Bytes was a good learning phase for me, it has given me enough experience to get more opportunities from other companies, I was also given an opportunity to develop more skills as byes fund their employees to study in order to grow more and develop more skills
2,0
They pay below the industry standard
Customer Services Representative/Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 January 2020
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers that we supported, but the with the rising cost of living, you can not come out with their TCOE. Mileage reimbursement way below industry standards.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor remuneration
Challenging at First
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bytes Campus, 3rd Roard Midrand.6 January 2020
Servicing Multiple clients as an external consultant made the workload interesting and prevented any motonoy of being based at 1 Customer.
The company and team culture was the largest drawback, teams were often pitted against each other, i.e Analysts vs Developers and Testers.
N/a
IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo24 October 2019
Bytes need to pay its employees salaries that they deserve in order to keep them. employees Should not be taken away from bytes By other companies because of salaries but because one feel like the have exceeded their time at bytes and need change of environment or growth
Dismal Employer
Controller (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape16 October 2019
The worst company that I have ever worked for when it comes to looking after and advancing it's staff. Remuneration is the worst and East London branch manager cannot manage and rally staff to work hard and committedly towards a common goal. Instead he is the cause for the high staff turnover because of his refusal to fight for his staff and pay them their worth.
1,0
Not a good place to work
Parts control representative (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal2 July 2019
Advise people not to apply and work in the company they ill treat staff members, and they lie about employees getting good salaries. Overtime worked but they do not pay for your overtime.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Very long hours
3,0
Daily I meet different types of callenges needed to be solve as a customer represantative. I enjoy making customer happy with my service.I enjoy team.
Senior Pabx Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 April 2019
Pros
Lunch time depends on daily work
Cons
Work over weekends
1,0
Not worth working at bytes
Parts control representative (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal28 March 2019
I was a former employee of bytes managed solutions, worked as a parts control representative, all the hard work and effort we put in, was never recognised by management or higher management, you do more work and less pay, the benefits we get comes out of our salary, which they claim to be paying no room to group in a big company like bytes
Pros
Cons
Long hours less pay
Management Cares
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng29 January 2019
To allocate payment received from customers
Process the invoices and credit notes
Follow up on outstanding invoices
Sending out statements and invoices as required monthly
Management cares about staff
Working hours are flexible
The most enjoyable part of the job, is that my manager is involved and we have meetings to work on the overdue amounts and the challenges we have as a team.
Pros
Management is aware of the staff challenges regarding their work
Cons
it is far to travel
Lack of software focus
Software Developer / XFS Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng24 January 2019
As a purely software house, BMS was disappointing. The software manager doesn't have development experience, and as such has difficulty understanding deadlines, engagement limitations and margin of error in project planning. He tends to over commit and expect resources to compensate, without offering reward for extra efforts.
Pros
Stable work environment with lots of training
Cons
Unpredictable working hours, low appreciation of effort.
Good Company to work for
Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng17 January 2019
Great Culture and good company to work for. Strong management practices and encourages employees to up-skill in their current positions. Training is provided and good management support.
Interesting
Parts Controller Representative (Current Employee) –  Selby, Gauteng9 December 2018
The company as is a large I.T company In Africa and in some parts of the world thus giving opportunities to better enable our goals to dream big.
I have realized that the are many opportunities to better grow our self's as the is a variety of job sectors available within the company.
Pros
early knock off time on holiday eves
Cons
long hours per month as we work during weekends
Logistics and shipment
Parts Control Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 July 2018
High management site visit at the office, where we were evaluated according to the tasks performed daily. The work performance speed and work flow. The findings within the branch and Store department.
I managed to perform at my outermost best as a result the management inspired me to keep it up and develop my abilities where necessary.
Pros
Leadership Ability
Cons
Working an extra mile
Productive and Fun workplace
Parts Control Representative (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape6 June 2018
I have learnt to be strong , driven , to work under pressure and I have grown.
I have gained experienced enough to go higher I guess.
I would really recommend a friend or family member to join the company.
Pros
Appreciation Braais
Cons
Long Hours
Bytes Systems Integration
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng12 April 2018
it is a good company to work for, over 900 staff member
I have been in the bytes group for 10years and I have been through many changes in the division
I have improved in my position and have grown over the period I have been here
Productive and Fun Workplace
Parts Control Representative (Storeman) (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape3 January 2018
Bytes Managed Solutions is by far the best company I have worked for.They had everything equipped for us and all benefits where favourable by almost all employees.
Pros
study leave
4,0
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga4 October 2017
none just an ordinary company , lots of work less appreciation from the manager , only when you complain or ask the manager what wrong or if you start to question the manager your job is on line
Fun and challenging
CSR Customer services Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 September 2017
I was responsible of interesting with different clients in a daily also incoming different problems and resolving them my best satisfaction was seing a client happy after I have fixed there I.T issues that was the best filling.
Pros
Gerting nice standby money and overtime
Cons
Long hours but i was used to them
i was good
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland Park Kingsway Campus, Gauteng28 August 2017
i was a bit expeirienced when i started at bytes so i it was not much that i learned i used the exprienced i had except the application that we where using a technicians i enjoyed
Pros
no but free air time or company phone
Cons
just normal hours
Learning Experience
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, Merebank17 July 2017
Working for Bytes at Mondi was a good learning experience. A good place to start off but there was no growth. being at Mondi for almost 4 years working with talanted people gave me insight as to how one should work and prioritise calls and basically managing incidents. Without the experience i gained at Mondi i feel that i would not be where i am today when it comes to knowledge of I.T. It is a good place to start off.
Pros
Free study material to upskill yourself
Cons
Fetching equipment from stores with no elevator to go upstairs