Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place
Printing operator (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape24 November 2019
Im a hard working person and im that person who is willing to learn new things.And also i work under pressure ,working at Cape Peninular university of Technology helped me to interact with people peacefullyAnd i always get the job done i do not leave work undone,i make sure it 's done
Flexible environment
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 November 2019
The time i was working at CPUT i was still a student so during my shifts i would do my assignments while i was on duty.It is the kind of an environment that is best suitable for student who are finacially needy more specifically for student who are geographically dispersed from their parents.
Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape18 November 2019
I would attend my supervisors classes to get a brief overview of what he does in class, set up a time and date for the next tutoring session if any additional sessions are required by the students.
productive
i can not say much about them but i did love what i was doing with them as work so it was very nice being part of them and share my knowledge with student
Challenging and fun
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 November 2019
Working at cput was fun and challenging, Came with a lot of work and documents as we were working with foreign students who some of them did not know how to speak English. 60% of my salary was paid towards my fees and i was left with little net salary
Fun workplace
Information Technology Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape12 November 2019
Its a place one can associate with people and also a medium to remind me on the basic technical skill on computer.
Work as a team in lab-room to ensure our duties are achieved and success.
productive
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town campus29 October 2019
It was such a great experience and i leaned so much about time management, communication skills and more. One thing i have learnt is to be patient as there were students who had no idea what a computer looks like and how to use it so my job was to help them.
Great learning environment
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 October 2019
I really enjoyed my time at the CPUT mechanical engineering workshops as an intern. After being taught how to use almost all the machines I managed to design and build a machine entirely myself. I had amazing and knowledgeable supervisors. I will never forget my time spent there.
3,0
its a productive work area
Mechanical Engineering Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape18 October 2019
i got to gain sufficient experience in the theoretical and practical. Very technical and appropriate for young who are looking to emerge in specialized jobs, excellent facilities and study conditions. Good library network, excellent teachers. Excellent location and inside of the most beautiful city of South Africa, good accommodation facilities. Very diverse student community. You will never regret to choose this University
Teaching, enjoyable, simple environment
Lab assistant (student) (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape12 October 2019
This was just a parttime job as a student at the university. The job was all about sampling products for sensory (tasting), sorting the storage for the raw materials and packaging. I learned about how to conduct sensory testing for various products. The supervisor was a very good teacher always willing to teach where she can. It was a few hours a day but it as such a simple job and enjoyable.
safe and productive environmant
Laboratory student (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape5 October 2019
busy day as students would come to perform different experiment of different levels. instrumental operation has been my weakness, but as learn to operate them frequently, the is improvement.

hardships that I come across is the reagents are not all available, then be forced to things differently, fear of producing incorrect results rises, but because I am not afraid of taking risk, that doesn't intimidate me.
Serious workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Department of Retail Management2 October 2019
As a PhD student one would expect to be placed in positions that allow you to fully express yourself academically for the mutual benefit of the institution and its students and myself as well as the academic world.
Pros
free internet
Cons
no student support
4,0
productive and fun place to study electrical Engineering
Student (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 September 2019
That is good place to study Electrical Engineering ,the laboratory are high standart ,the lecture are friendly and threat student with dignity.I would recommend it to anyone who want to study Electrical Engineering and the study fees are fair
Educative
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 September 2019
I found myself very privileged to be chosen as a teaching assistant for the lecturers in University. I had fun working with the students as well as the lecturers. The work was fun and stimulating . Presentations and training where my favorite.
5,0
Environment that allows staff and students' growth
Part-time Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 August 2019
I had to work in different laboratories located in three campuses of the institution in order to complete my project. It ended up being a great experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Assistance (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape8 August 2019
Good work place with warm and welcoming colleagues. The greatest park of the job is seeing the smile out of someone face after you provide them with assistance.
4,0
Productive with a friendly atmosphere
Volunteer (assistant) (Former Employee) –  Wellington, ZA4 August 2019
I worked AT CPUT-Wellington. The staff members there are like one big family. I enjoyed my time of studying and working there.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and caring and will make sure you feel welcome and at ease. If there is a company that i would return to it would be them.
Pros
Many learning opportunites
Educational
Library Computer lab i Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape27 July 2019
It was a great platform for me to learn, and good preparation for the corporate world. Working there gave me interpersonal skills. And self discovery at a professional level.
Productive and motivational workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Civil Engineering Laboratories8 July 2019
A typical day at work would be to communicate between the important role players involved with the project being worked on e.g. as a assistant resident engineer I had to issue instructions to the contractor on the project in terms of any works that had to be completed such as replacing of cracked or broken kerbs. Other responsibilities included to do sewer line inspections e.g. whether the pipeline conforms to being straight without any blockages within the pipe as well as the pressure of the sewer line being tested. As a laboratory technician I learned that teaching students practicals within the laboratories needed some patience in terms of allowing them to get familiar with tests that is actually applicable within the industry. A desirable workplace culture would be to work in an environment where each team player does what is expected of them. Regarding management, with reasonable management systems in place any project can be a success. The hardest part of the job would be to work with a team member that doesn't fulfill their part within a specific project. The most enjoyable part of the job would be when the necessary expectations of a project falls into place and the project is finished on time while working with team players that aspires to resolve problems as it comes along during the project.
Pros
Being able to experience a community that doesn't cause problems during a project.
Cons
Breakdowns of plant that supplies asphalt material.
Productive and great workplace
Analytical Chemist Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 May 2019
I enjoy working with people who are positive and willing to see you soaring higher than before. I always look forward to going to work and making progress both in my life and in the lives of others
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Work on Weekends