Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews

4,0
Goal driven, Very productive.
On the 04 March 2019 i was instructed to setup the lab where i have to configure and connect the router,switch to the workstations to make sure they access the server .I have learned how to work Communication as team.I did some admin work as i had to document all the steps and configurations i did for setup the workstations.It was fair although it was challenging. I found some difficulties where the connection to the Server was keep on breaking down. I real enjoy the part of configuring the switch and the router as well as being control of the server.
2,0
Lab analyst
I have done 1 year experience in Cape Peninsula University of Technology doing wet chemistry, chemical inventory, students assist, preparation of standards
2,0
Not productive
Management is non-existent, no job security, academic staff treated with disregard. Even though I left the institute under amicable conditions, they refused to provide any form of references for future employers. Students are treated with no regard whatsoever, and is only seen as an income.
Pros
none whatsoever
5,0
Working environment and what i learned
Its a good work environment that offers opportunities for growth, skills and experience that you can use in any work place. The management and culture is very collaborate and they have strong relationships and team.
4,0
Professionalism and flexible work hours
It was exiting moments to work for Cput libary. I have gained so much from my colleagues and our supervisor was very supportive to my studies I’m pretty sure I managed to finish my studies by His help.
Productive and fun
The work was very challenging, having to meet deadlines. Research skills are very important cause you have to initiate research programs and do presentations afterwards for the post grad students.
enjoyable and challenging workplace
It was enjoyable because I loved teaching accounting, its my passion, however challenging because I had to help many students and also keep up with my own work.
5,0
Productive and fun work environment
Working was quite a challenge since i was a student. Having to learn work ethics and how to manage pressure at work was very interesting. Putting theoretical work into practice
good workplace
working at CPUT is great and i had a good time my supervisor and collegues . We were getting along with work and communication. The money was not enough for me to sustain myself.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
short hours
4,0
A very good learning and work environment
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is a very powerful institution in terms of technical learning and working as I have experienced when I worked as a student tutor
5,0
It was fun and relaxed work environment, I learnt discipline, love and cooperation, responsibility and transparency about the work I was doing. To treat everyone with respect
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Flexible hours
Productive and fun workplace
On a daily basis I made sure of network connectivity of all PCs, diagnose and troubleshoot the network. Great management. Fast-paced and competitive work environment. Hardest part of the job was leaving the workplace as it felt like home. Enjoyable part was working with my team and sharing ideas with them. It taught me team work and giving other people a chance.
collaborative work place
Working at Cape Peninsula University of Technology as students was very interesting. It helped to gain an effective and efficient interpersonal and communication skills ( verbal and non verbal).
4,0
Good experience regarding learning about the institution based working environment
Provided a lot of growth in terms of certain skills for a person, practical experience of how to run, adapt and work in an everyday growing sport environment.
4,0
Productive and fun place to work at
Employee support and customer-focused, work-time flexible and environmentally friendly. Benefits and incentives amazing and also much growth and oppor
3,0
Its a good working environment
I thank GOD for the opportunity to work at CPUT.
The overall experience is good though some challenges are inevitable work you work in a diverse environment
Productive and fun place
Im a hard working person and im that person who is willing to learn new things.And also i work under pressure ,working at Cape Peninular university of Technology helped me to interact with people peacefullyAnd i always get the job done i do not leave work undone,i make sure it 's done
Flexible environment
The time i was working at CPUT i was still a student so during my shifts i would do my assignments while i was on duty.It is the kind of an environment that is best suitable for student who are finacially needy more specifically for student who are geographically dispersed from their parents.
3,0
I would attend my supervisors classes to get a brief overview of what he does in class, set up a time and date for the next tutoring session if any additional sessions are required by the students.
productive
i can not say much about them but i did love what i was doing with them as work so it was very nice being part of them and share my knowledge with student
Challenging and fun
Working at cput was fun and challenging, Came with a lot of work and documents as we were working with foreign students who some of them did not know how to speak English. 60% of my salary was paid towards my fees and i was left with little net salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9