Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews

Project
Control and Process Instrumentation Senior Trainee (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 May 2019
Learning more than i excepted, i can do more, insteadonly what i have learnd during ny theorie, but today i am able to welder which i learnd at work and mire things, like instaling Camera's and more.
Student-Deputy (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 April 2019
This role prepared me on building my confidence and leadership skills . I was able to assist my fellow colleagues with issues regarding subjects and assignment
Pros
Ability to communicate with academic authority
Cons
Time Consuming
Fun work
lab assistance (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 April 2019
it is a good learning environment ,opportunities are there for working students to make extra money for them self and equip student with working experience
Pros
equip with working experience
Cons
short hours
fun work place
Debtors office - Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 February 2019
cput typical day assisting with their fee acount inquiry,i leant to how to work with student and managent wa very helpfull and it was fun place.to be.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Its easy go work place
Administrative functions of the branch (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape22 February 2019
Always have productive days
I learned a lot about Technology
The management way of style is well planed
Its a multi racial and cultural environment
Its to deal with hard students
The good results at the end of the day.
Pros
The outings and lots of Holidays
Cons
When there is Strikes
1,0
worklife balance
IP Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 February 2019
A great place to be at. supportive colleagues and management. i love the flexible hours. the fun part is when I meet researchers and their inventions.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
poor salaries
It is a good exposure
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape12 February 2019
I had to work with different people.. Knowing that the project I am doing is playing a big role on water resources and towards food security makes it very interesting. As we are advising water conservation for smallholder farmers
Productive and motivational
Administration Clerk (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape24 January 2019
Had great time working the Admissions team, I learned lot professional values like how to communicate with clients in a professional manner. verbal & electronically via emails and telephone.
Fun to work at
Engineering Administrator (Intern) (Former Employee) –  belliville22 January 2019
Everyday was was something new. Working closely with the students and the lecturers, helping students getting placed at their desired companies. I have learned so much from my mentor
Fun and Encouraging Workplace
Sport Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 January 2019
The staff are very welcoming during induction and that plays an important role on how well you will perform at your job. The management was very encouraging and always willing to teach and learn from one another.
Team work
Food and beverage controller (Current Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape16 January 2019
Training students according to the standard operating procedure is the best
I have learned the importance of team work, the hardest part of the job is having to teach students something new while the operations is is busy . My colleagues are wonderful people, they work hard and they always find something to laugh about.
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
A pleasant work environment.
commercial law lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 January 2019
I was appointed at Cape Peninsula University of Technology as a commercial law lecturer. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the institution as academic staff were provided with the necessary support.
Pros
A pleasant work environment.
Cons
None that I can think of.
New culture
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 December 2018
Being a good self-management which involves being punctual, flexible, getting work done on time, and being willing to improve my own performance, and also being patient with everyone.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Communication
Fulfilling and inspiring
Part time lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town City Centre, Foreshore campus25 November 2018
As a part time lecturer, I prepared the curricula and teacher materials for first year students in one of the urban planning subjects. I would ensure that all presentations, copy material and equipment were ready before each class. The management style was very open and flexible which gave me the opportunity to explore new teaching methods. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with the students and inspiring them to be excited to learn about the urban planning industry. I would say the hardest part was getting students to be motivated when they were under lots of pressure with other tasks, but I tried to incorporate more activities to be completed in class that would allow them to have less home tasks.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited resources
5,0
team building and staff parties
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellington, Western Cape23 November 2018
I developed a lot of skills in the working environment of this company, got the ability to take initiative, to be innovative, highly motivated, self-disciplined, reliable and able to handle pressure and work towards deadline accomplishment.team work and team building skills. I have gained excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to solve problems and handle challenging situations.
Pros
sometimes free lunches during departmental meetings though.
Cons
we have flexibility when it comes to working hours
Academic
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 November 2018
The academic space I was placed in, was an an opportunity for me to retain the knowledge in Accounting of Financial Accounting 1. Hence, I was student tutor in Financial Accounting 1. The environment of the accounting sphere helped me to tackle questions that I had not experience in my first year. The students who attended the tutoring sessions were from different groups and different lectures. I had the opportunity experience how different students think about the same question, because the sessions were interactive, it was fun.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Time
productive
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Western Cape7 November 2018
It was fine, we received tutoring training and started tutoring. They deducted 60% of the salary to pay fees. A typical day would be a tutoring class or consultation with one student
well
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2018
working with students daily is stressful but it feels good assisting someone, daily lesson is that you help people to prosper that teaches you as an individual culture is one of helping regardless hardest part is understanding when people take out their frustrations on you but helping people makes me feel good
Pros
there is spare time to do your own work
Cons
you work less hours meaning less pay
Difficult workplace
Residence Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 October 2018
A typical day at work at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology Residence is very calm but can get very hectic in a very short period of time because anything can happen to any student at anytime.
Learning Environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 September 2018
It's a great place to be at and get a good education. It's a fantastic place to work as well as the mentors and colleges are very helpful and it has a very good management system.