Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews in Bellville, Western Cape

4,0
Goal driven, Very productive.
On the 04 March 2019 i was instructed to setup the lab where i have to configure and connect the router,switch to the workstations to make sure they access the server .I have learned how to work Communication as team.I did some admin work as i had to document all the steps and configurations i did for setup the workstations.It was fair although it was challenging. I found some difficulties where the connection to the Server was keep on breaking down. I real enjoy the part of configuring the switch and the router as well as being control of the server.
2,0
Not productive
Management is non-existent, no job security, academic staff treated with disregard. Even though I left the institute under amicable conditions, they refused to provide any form of references for future employers. Students are treated with no regard whatsoever, and is only seen as an income.
Pros
none whatsoever
5,0
Productive and fun work environment
Working was quite a challenge since i was a student. Having to learn work ethics and how to manage pressure at work was very interesting. Putting theoretical work into practice
5,0
It was fun and relaxed work environment, I learnt discipline, love and cooperation, responsibility and transparency about the work I was doing. To treat everyone with respect
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Flexible hours
collaborative work place
Working at Cape Peninsula University of Technology as students was very interesting. It helped to gain an effective and efficient interpersonal and communication skills ( verbal and non verbal).
3,0
Its a good working environment
I thank GOD for the opportunity to work at CPUT.
The overall experience is good though some challenges are inevitable work you work in a diverse environment
Productive and fun place
Im a hard working person and im that person who is willing to learn new things.And also i work under pressure ,working at Cape Peninular university of Technology helped me to interact with people peacefullyAnd i always get the job done i do not leave work undone,i make sure it 's done
3,0
I would attend my supervisors classes to get a brief overview of what he does in class, set up a time and date for the next tutoring session if any additional sessions are required by the students.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Peninsula University of Technology?
productive
i can not say much about them but i did love what i was doing with them as work so it was very nice being part of them and share my knowledge with student
Fun workplace
Its a place one can associate with people and also a medium to remind me on the basic technical skill on computer.
Work as a team in lab-room to ensure our duties are achieved and success.
3,0
its a productive work area
i got to gain sufficient experience in the theoretical and practical. Very technical and appropriate for young who are looking to emerge in specialized jobs, excellent facilities and study conditions. Good library network, excellent teachers. Excellent location and inside of the most beautiful city of South Africa, good accommodation facilities. Very diverse student community. You will never regret to choose this University
Teaching, enjoyable, simple environment
This was just a parttime job as a student at the university. The job was all about sampling products for sensory (tasting), sorting the storage for the raw materials and packaging. I learned about how to conduct sensory testing for various products. The supervisor was a very good teacher always willing to teach where she can. It was a few hours a day but it as such a simple job and enjoyable.
safe and productive environmant
busy day as students would come to perform different experiment of different levels. instrumental operation has been my weakness, but as learn to operate them frequently, the is improvement.

hardships that I come across is the reagents are not all available, then be forced to things differently, fear of producing incorrect results rises, but because I am not afraid of taking risk, that doesn't intimidate me.
Productive and fun workplace
Good work place with warm and welcoming colleagues. The greatest park of the job is seeing the smile out of someone face after you provide them with assistance.
Educational
It was a great platform for me to learn, and good preparation for the corporate world. Working there gave me interpersonal skills. And self discovery at a professional level.
Its easy go work place
Always have productive days
I learned a lot about Technology

The management way of style is well planed

Its a multi racial and cultural environment

Its to deal with hard students

The good results at the end of the day.
Pros
The outings and lots of Holidays
Cons
When there is Strikes
Productive and motivational
Had great time working the Admissions team, I learned lot professional values like how to communicate with clients in a professional manner. verbal & electronically via emails and telephone.
4,0
I learned that in a place of work you need to trust yourself and work to best of ability in order to be noticed and keep your job
This is where you need to trust who you are. its a fustrating place for starts as you will meet different people with different attitudes. At times the hours and school work need balance. Its friendly environment that will get you knowledge and access to people.
Pros
free wifi
Cons
long hours and moddy students at times
Employee satisfaction
a typical day at work is to make sure all employees are happy and satisfied when submitting HR related queries. the hardest part is to discipline staff.
Good Company
1. Good day at work.

2. Learnt about lecturing, tutoring, tutorials and spot tests invigilating and scripts marking and

3. Strong leadership.

4. Workplace cultures are role playing, task oriented, being

innovative and good student services.

5. I enjoyed working with the lecturers and student tutors.
Job Placement opportunities
The institution often offers temporary placement which makes one uncertain of the future. Although that is the case but the work environment is of a high standard according to OHS regulations which really makes one feel as part of the team more especially to the physically disabled workers.
Pros
Benefits/ work culture/ Management style/ Growth opportunities
Cons
Contract employment/ Logistics in terms of infrastructure
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9