Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews in Bellville, Western Cape

Its easy go work place
Administrative functions of the branch (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape22 February 2019
Always have productive days
I learned a lot about Technology
The management way of style is well planed
Its a multi racial and cultural environment
Its to deal with hard students
The good results at the end of the day.
Pros
The outings and lots of Holidays
Cons
When there is Strikes
Productive and motivational
Administration Clerk (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape24 January 2019
Had great time working the Admissions team, I learned lot professional values like how to communicate with clients in a professional manner. verbal & electronically via emails and telephone.
Employee satisfaction
Human Capital Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape7 August 2018
a typical day at work is to make sure all employees are happy and satisfied when submitting HR related queries. the hardest part is to discipline staff.
Good Company
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape5 August 2018
1. Good day at work.

2. Learnt about lecturing, tutoring, tutorials and spot tests invigilating and scripts marking and

3. Strong leadership.

4. Workplace cultures are role playing, task oriented, being
innovative and good student services.

5. I enjoyed working with the lecturers and student tutors.
Job Placement opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape16 April 2018
The institution often offers temporary placement which makes one uncertain of the future. Although that is the case but the work environment is of a high standard according to OHS regulations which really makes one feel as part of the team more especially to the physically disabled workers.
Pros
Benefits/ work culture/ Management style/ Growth opportunities
Cons
Contract employment/ Logistics in terms of infrastructure
Student (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape5 April 2018
Good working experience. Adequate equipment, good lecturers. Good culture of learning. Too many strikes though distracting students. Safe environment.
productive
In-service Training (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape6 March 2018
the working company is good and is also open for people to learn more within it. is a place you would like to work at when it comes to the way in which thing are done.
Stressful
Postdoctoral fellowship (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape3 February 2018
Poor management and nobody wants to be head accountable for making decisions. Talk is cheap but work the talk is the most crucial thing that was missing at CPUT.
Productive and Educational
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  CPUT Bellville22 June 2017
working in the CPUT Information Center was very helpful and educational because i was able to communicate with different kinds of people with different point of view and ideas which really helped grow.
My Duties
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape23 May 2017
Maintaining an effective and efficient office administration
Maintaining effective filling system
Managing, ordering and maintaining office stock level and equipment
Capturing of application forms for clients
Upfront rejection process
Team work delegation and monitoring
Registration of students
Daily reports for application process
Checking of application forms
Managing of front desk and telephone answering
Cape Peninsula university of technology
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape town, Bellville16 February 2017
The daily duties are house keeping, Instrument operation and assist practical classes. I learned how to operate HPLC, GC, uv-spectroscopy and gravimetry, the company has a great managment. The hardest part of the job is the balance calibration, the most enjoyable part of the job is the house keeping part.
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
we work as a team and the management is friendly to us
we propagate plants from different species (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape9 September 2016
the job is always hard but fun to do because we learn new things daily and we modify the environment to make it look better. The job is a good thing to do and its easier to communicate with other staff members.
Pros
it gives me a lot of exprience
Cons
long hours but less money
safe and productive workplace
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape21 June 2016
everyone is hardworking, nice and friendly. it is a responsible company and it takes care of its employees in every way possible.
Pros
reasonable working hours
Cons
great working enviroment
4,0
Productive and free workplace with really good coffee
Marketing Assistant (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Bellville, Cape Town23 May 2016
One of the key qualities learnt while working at Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) is to do whatever you can as soon as possible. The environment that I work in can be quiet at times, and within the space of a few minutes, you could be swamped with work. No two days are really the same - which I like because it keeps you on your toes.

I find that working alongside my team at CPUT fills me with great happiness. We work as a unit, and help each other whenever we see the need, or when we are asked to do so. We generally take initiative since work can at times be stressful.

The best part of the job for me personally is when we host an event and EVERYONE involved pulls together to get it done. As you well know, when planning events you come up with every scenario possible so that you have contingencies in cases of emergency, but often things dont work out according to plan, so when we pull together to host a successful event and people have a good time without knowing that we had an issue in the background, is what I love. No matter what, its about the experience guests have (in the business of events).
Productive yet challenging workplace
Personal Assistant (Engineering Faculty) (Current Employee) –  Belville, Western Cape18 February 2016
I deal with internal and external stakeholders

I have learnt that we have stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds therefore one has to adjust to their cultural behaviours, normas and values

I have a good working relationship with my co-workers

What gives me great pleasure in my job is knowning that I have helped a student get the education that they have come for in the institution, I mught be an academic but I play an inportant role in their academic growth.
Pros
Career Growth, an aopportunity to further your studies
5,0
CPUT - is well organised institution, the employees are treated fare. The library management always support staff in advancing their skills further
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Bellville, WC6 October 2015
It is the only university of technology in Cape Town, South Africa. The institution produce high quality graduates from year to year and fully support the needs of the students to be successful. Pleasure to be at working, colleagues are very friendly and helpful making life very easy, needs of students are taken seriously in order for them to be successfull
Pros
regular team meetings - monthly or when necessary
Cons
good working hours
Productive work place
Post doctor research fellow (Current Employee) –  Bellville, WC28 March 2015
CPUT has excellent facilities in terms of labs and library, and it has some very good research units.
The management and finance needs to be improved to make the time shorter for administrative work.
1,0
Very productive, experiential and educational work place
Teaching assistants (Former Employee) –  Bellville, WC6 November 2014
Conduct a tutorial based on chapter which major of the class find it difficult to grasp, its very challenging as I have to think on my feet and find means to explain and provide practical examples that simplifies the concepts and create a clear overview of the chapter for students to understand better.

The managements of Cput are very poor because they don't care what they pays you to do better job for them.

No good ethnics and good mentor for postgraduate degree. Much more to say but I will rather end it there.
Pros
No good managements
Cons
longs hours
Good workplace
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Cape Town23 June 2014
It was fun working there. My co-workers were very friendly and we worked as a team in our department.

The hardest part of the job was the long practical hours and some very difficult students.

The enjoyable part was the passing of my chemistry knowledge to students.
4,0
I enjoy working with my team
Junior Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Bellville, WC18 February 2014
I enjoy been a team Player and I had outgrown this sphere drastically mainly because I am the youngest in my team and with their experience they opened a room for me to learn how to be discipline,professional and managing a team.I also Played my part by being eager ,ambitious and hard worker and in reward ,I crack the opportunity to be promoted as a Head of the Programme.