Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

5,0
Working environment and what i learned
Its a good work environment that offers opportunities for growth, skills and experience that you can use in any work place. The management and culture is very collaborate and they have strong relationships and team.
2,0
Lab analyst
I have done 1 year experience in Cape Peninsula University of Technology doing wet chemistry, chemical inventory, students assist, preparation of standards
4,0
Professionalism and flexible work hours
It was exiting moments to work for Cput libary. I have gained so much from my colleagues and our supervisor was very supportive to my studies I’m pretty sure I managed to finish my studies by His help.
Productive and fun
The work was very challenging, having to meet deadlines. Research skills are very important cause you have to initiate research programs and do presentations afterwards for the post grad students.
enjoyable and challenging workplace
It was enjoyable because I loved teaching accounting, its my passion, however challenging because I had to help many students and also keep up with my own work.
good workplace
working at CPUT is great and i had a good time my supervisor and collegues . We were getting along with work and communication. The money was not enough for me to sustain myself.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
short hours
4,0
A very good learning and work environment
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is a very powerful institution in terms of technical learning and working as I have experienced when I worked as a student tutor
4,0
Good experience regarding learning about the institution based working environment
Provided a lot of growth in terms of certain skills for a person, practical experience of how to run, adapt and work in an everyday growing sport environment.
4,0
Productive and fun place to work at
Employee support and customer-focused, work-time flexible and environmentally friendly. Benefits and incentives amazing and also much growth and oppor
Flexible environment
The time i was working at CPUT i was still a student so during my shifts i would do my assignments while i was on duty.It is the kind of an environment that is best suitable for student who are finacially needy more specifically for student who are geographically dispersed from their parents.
3,0
Challenging and fun
Working at cput was fun and challenging, Came with a lot of work and documents as we were working with foreign students who some of them did not know how to speak English. 60% of my salary was paid towards my fees and i was left with little net salary
productive
It was such a great experience and i leaned so much about time management, communication skills and more. One thing i have learnt is to be patient as there were students who had no idea what a computer looks like and how to use it so my job was to help them.
Great learning environment
I really enjoyed my time at the CPUT mechanical engineering workshops as an intern. After being taught how to use almost all the machines I managed to design and build a machine entirely myself. I had amazing and knowledgeable supervisors. I will never forget my time spent there.
4,0
productive and fun place to study electrical Engineering
That is good place to study Electrical Engineering ,the laboratory are high standart ,the lecture are friendly and threat student with dignity.I would recommend it to anyone who want to study Electrical Engineering and the study fees are fair
Educative
I found myself very privileged to be chosen as a teaching assistant for the lecturers in University. I had fun working with the students as well as the lecturers. The work was fun and stimulating . Presentations and training where my favorite.
5,0
Environment that allows staff and students' growth
I had to work in different laboratories located in three campuses of the institution in order to complete my project. It ended up being a great experience.
Productive and great workplace
I enjoy working with people who are positive and willing to see you soaring higher than before. I always look forward to going to work and making progress both in my life and in the lives of others
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Work on Weekends
Project
Learning more than i excepted, i can do more, insteadonly what i have learnd during ny theorie, but today i am able to welder which i learnd at work and mire things, like instaling Camera's and more.
5,0
This role prepared me on building my confidence and leadership skills . I was able to assist my fellow colleagues with issues regarding subjects and assignment
Pros
Ability to communicate with academic authority
Cons
Time Consuming
3,0
Enjoyed working with Young Adults
No day was the same, outreaches HIV/AID/STI/TB screening.
Meetings, After hours work with Students, counselling, Guidance,

Exposed to different cultures at one given time. Enjoyed the exposure as there was no languages barriers can speak and understand most other languages
Pros
Many free lunches
Cons
Raised expectations
Fun work
it is a good learning environment ,opportunities are there for working students to make extra money for them self and equip student with working experience
Pros
equip with working experience
Cons
short hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9