Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Productive and great workplace
Analytical Chemist Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 May 2019
I enjoy working with people who are positive and willing to see you soaring higher than before. I always look forward to going to work and making progress both in my life and in the lives of others
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Work on Weekends
Project
Control and Process Instrumentation Senior Trainee (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 May 2019
Learning more than i excepted, i can do more, insteadonly what i have learnd during ny theorie, but today i am able to welder which i learnd at work and mire things, like instaling Camera's and more.
Student-Deputy (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 April 2019
This role prepared me on building my confidence and leadership skills . I was able to assist my fellow colleagues with issues regarding subjects and assignment
Pros
Ability to communicate with academic authority
Cons
Time Consuming
Fun work
lab assistance (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 April 2019
it is a good learning environment ,opportunities are there for working students to make extra money for them self and equip student with working experience
Pros
equip with working experience
Cons
short hours
fun work place
Debtors office - Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 February 2019
cput typical day assisting with their fee acount inquiry,i leant to how to work with student and managent wa very helpfull and it was fun place.to be.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
1,0
worklife balance
IP Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 February 2019
A great place to be at. supportive colleagues and management. i love the flexible hours. the fun part is when I meet researchers and their inventions.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
poor salaries
4,0
A pleasant work environment.
commercial law lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 January 2019
I was appointed at Cape Peninsula University of Technology as a commercial law lecturer. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the institution as academic staff were provided with the necessary support.
Pros
A pleasant work environment.
Cons
None that I can think of.
New culture
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 December 2018
Being a good self-management which involves being punctual, flexible, getting work done on time, and being willing to improve my own performance, and also being patient with everyone.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Communication
Academic
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 November 2018
The academic space I was placed in, was an an opportunity for me to retain the knowledge in Accounting of Financial Accounting 1. Hence, I was student tutor in Financial Accounting 1. The environment of the accounting sphere helped me to tackle questions that I had not experience in my first year. The students who attended the tutoring sessions were from different groups and different lectures. I had the opportunity experience how different students think about the same question, because the sessions were interactive, it was fun.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Time
well
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2018
working with students daily is stressful but it feels good assisting someone, daily lesson is that you help people to prosper that teaches you as an individual culture is one of helping regardless hardest part is understanding when people take out their frustrations on you but helping people makes me feel good
Pros
there is spare time to do your own work
Cons
you work less hours meaning less pay
Difficult workplace
Residence Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 October 2018
A typical day at work at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology Residence is very calm but can get very hectic in a very short period of time because anything can happen to any student at anytime.
Learning Environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 September 2018
It's a great place to be at and get a good education. It's a fantastic place to work as well as the mentors and colleges are very helpful and it has a very good management system.
Learning and training
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town South Africa13 September 2018
An education institution which groom learners with experience and skills needed in industries. There is room for learning variety of skills and apply them.
productive workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  cape town western cape16 August 2018
one best thing is the flexibility of working hours. they allow one to engage in other thins as well without having to compromise much. the hardest part of the job is dealing with young minds while the jobs requires one to tackle the issues like a grown up while actually deaing with people your age.
Pros
flexibility of working hours
Cons
duty calls anytime
3,0
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 August 2018
A typical day at work would start off with myself checking my emails and responding to those which would require a response.

I have learned that time management in the workplace is of the out most important. As well as prioritizing tasks from the most important to the least important. The hardest part of the job would be getting tasks at the last minute and still expected to deliver the best quality when it has been requested from staff, at times weeks in advance.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to know my co-workers better and learning from their experiences.
Pros
An hour lunch
Social Media Fun work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 August 2018
It is really fun because you do it via your own social media personal accounts marketing or influencing a certain product depending on the campaign...
Pros
Free bees depending on the product you influencing
Cons
Hectic social media engagement
5,0
productivity was transparent and it was enjoyable
Resident Student Administrator (Former Employee) –  cape town western cape31 July 2018
working with people and helping them is what i mostly love and working in cape peninsula university made me realized lot of things about people cause some will love you and some will not but being positive and do your job nice is what made everyone come to the party and like you more.

my lovely part was when i help so many disparate people with in serious need cause i believe that's how we receive blessings.i enjoy my work cause everything was straight forward i was doing my job accordingly and everyone was impressed.

manager was always giving me credits cause i was doing his job easy update everything accordingly to the system handling everything when he is not present to its best,i was attending everyone who is in need of resident manager ion his behalf and i deliver the best service of work everyday

it was always difficult when i cant help maybe cause of lack of material like paper work or when the system is down and i have to do everything by hand that i suppose to do it in computer
Pros
resident manager was giving me free launches when i did my best
Cons
i took overtime when the is a need
Skilled performed
Executive Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 July 2018
Learning new skills within the company and training to develop personal growth. Dealing with international shareholders and stakeholders. Liaising and collaborate with international professors.
Pros
Medical Benefit, Profident Fund
Cons
Na
Prodcutive as can be
Lecturer Information Systems and Data Base Systems (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 July 2018
A typical day starts in the morning and ends late in the evening with various activities and consultations with students and meetings.

I have acquired competency and skills related to lecturing in System analysis and design, research project coordination, research methodology, IT research project planning and supervision of postgraduate research.

People deal with management decisions on matters arising on a daily basis if necessary. However, there is room for more inclusiveness and diversification of decision making.

Work culture is reasonably acceptable. There is room for more openness and recognition of others seen as minority.

Dealing with issues that compromise the standards and lax in administrative matters.

Interacting and engaging with students, seeing their growth and understanding coming through.

Supervision and mentoring.
Pros
research team and colleages
Cons
Long hours, no loyalty from authorities, no sence of appreciation
1,0
Productive work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 June 2018
Everything very interesting and i really enjoyed every moment
i have learned a lot of things that i have studied in theory
i could manage my time and my work
everything i did was for the marks and i recorded everything on my logbook for presentation purposes.
when my seedlings were not germinating or dies that was my most difficult part of my job. And apart from anything else i simple enjoyed what i was doing.
Pros
we could go home an hour early as long we are done for the day
Cons
lauch time was strictly one hour