Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews in Wellington, Western Cape

4,0
Productive with a friendly atmosphere
I worked AT CPUT-Wellington. The staff members there are like one big family. I enjoyed my time of studying and working there.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and caring and will make sure you feel welcome and at ease. If there is a company that i would return to it would be them.
Pros
Many learning opportunites
5,0
team building and staff parties
I developed a lot of skills in the working environment of this company, got the ability to take initiative, to be innovative, highly motivated, self-disciplined, reliable and able to handle pressure and work towards deadline accomplishment.team work and team building skills. I have gained excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to solve problems and handle challenging situations.
Pros
sometimes free lunches during departmental meetings though.
Cons
we have flexibility when it comes to working hours
Relaxed environment
It was good to work with the students at the CPUT library. I was honoured to assist them find information to benefit their studies. I was also given the opportunity to assist lecturers.

The hardest part of the job was working in the evening. The shifts were from 4pm until 10pm at night.

I enjoyed having the responsibility of compiling the monthly report (including graphs and statistics).

Management was very kind and fair at all times.
3,0
Fun Workplace
A typical day at work includes helping students and going out to certain lecturers/staff when calls were logged. In free time we may do whatever we like.
Pros
If we're not helping anyone we may do what we want.
Cons
Dealing with irritated students
5,0
Great place to work at.
I wait on people to come and ask for assistance at the front desk and then I can only assist them The job is not a boring job at all, I enjoy it, but it is unfortunately part time.
Pros
Free coffee
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9