Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews for Laboratory Assistant

well
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2018
working with students daily is stressful but it feels good assisting someone, daily lesson is that you help people to prosper that teaches you as an individual culture is one of helping regardless hardest part is understanding when people take out their frustrations on you but helping people makes me feel good
Pros
there is spare time to do your own work
Cons
you work less hours meaning less pay
5,0
Learning Environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 September 2018
It's a great place to be at and get a good education. It's a fantastic place to work as well as the mentors and colleges are very helpful and it has a very good management system.
3,0
Research on how to produce bio-fuel from natural Resources
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellville South, Western Cape28 February 2018
It was a very exciting Research we did, everyday it thought me a lot about myself and learning new things. Working in a team is very important which is the first lesson I learnt. Through my hard work I became the team leader of the research. Time management was very important in the workplace. Under the supervision of the Lab Technician. The whole experience was good for me as a professional and as a person. The workplace culture was to get our deadlines on time and work as team. The hardest part of the job was when we had deadlines to meet, and making sure the whole research is well studied and done properly. But overtime I worked well under pressure because I prepare for it before it comes, and try to stay calm as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyday I woke up and had to work towards my dream of being the best of my job description. This is all because I was doing what I love.
Pros
free lunch
fun working place
Lab Assistant in IT centre (Former Employee) –  cape town western cape12 August 2017
It has a good working conditions with an Excellent team and a friendly staff. It makes you to gain more confidence in communicating with people and it's fun sharing your knowledge with others.
Pros
you buy your lunch
Cons
short hours
4,0
Cape Peninsula University of Technology offfered a very pleasant environment to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 May 2017
Really enjoyed working collectively with people. Working in the lab offered me the experience I needed most. It taught me to endure working long hours
Pros
Own lunch box
Cons
Work about nine hours
3,0
A fun workplace and to focus on studies
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 February 2017
A typical day at work is when I come in,sign for my shifts. I check everything seems in order with the Computer. Sit at my table and wait for people to call for my help. I have expanded my knowledge in computing by working here. It was a fun working environment because we were all students but also professional. The bad part about the job was the small hourly rate, I enjoyed the fact that one was able to complete school work while at work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Low rate
3,0
Productive and heart warming work place
ITC Computer Laboratory Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 February 2017
A typical day at work includes helping students with the printer and other work on Microsoft.
I learned to work with different people and tolerating while respecting them.
Management was good.
hardest part of the job was when we all had assignments to submit.
most enjoyable part was being able to help others.
Pros
Work area was close to home.
3,0
CPUT is a fun work place, you get to work at your own pace as long the work is done
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC19 January 2016
working at CPUT is always fun, Staff are friendly we worked as a unit. The management is fantastic, they don't intervene much with ones work. The Job is fairly easy if you know what you doing because the things you do in the lab is what was taught by the lectures to us. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking students to different companies to be shown around and they get to learn what the company is all about.
3,0
Self developing job and a great job for starters.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC16 June 2015
The job is one of the best jobs for a student, good for career development and also for self growth. It enhances the employee's ability to multi-task. Its a great job but its is less secure, slow moving, especially in this fast moving world and I need to be a part of a team that is going to move mountains in any type of category as I am a versatile person.
Pros
Working in shifts, being able to balance student life and also getting the opportunity to be independant.
Cons
Not challenging
distell
lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC11 December 2014
i have learned that when working with people you should know how to communicate as someone came to me stressed after i helped they just left without saying thank you today but it is my jobi just smiled
Pros
breaks
Cons
no job
University
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC20 August 2013
Very Good university with alot of skilled lecturers. Learn alot through training and assisting students with problems.
Pros
Assisy students with job opportunities
Cons
Work Study Program
5,0
need to spread my wings and try other places
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town Tygerberg hospital grounds17 April 2013
Typical day is when all my paperwork is in order,students come to me with personal advice and a shoulder to lean on.
Everyday I learn new things and not scared to test it and shared with my co workers.
My management of keeping 2 laboratory's and dealing with paperwork really inspire me to do more.
Is when being blamed for something I did not do but at least I know how to solve the problem.
My most enjoyable part is seeing students thanking me with letters of how much they appreciate my effort.
Hardest part is when slow progress taking place in my orders
Pros
when all my things are in order
Cons
slow process of my orders