Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews for Tutor

Academic
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 November 2018
The academic space I was placed in, was an an opportunity for me to retain the knowledge in Accounting of Financial Accounting 1. Hence, I was student tutor in Financial Accounting 1. The environment of the accounting sphere helped me to tackle questions that I had not experience in my first year. The students who attended the tutoring sessions were from different groups and different lectures. I had the opportunity experience how different students think about the same question, because the sessions were interactive, it was fun.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Time
productive
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Western Cape7 November 2018
It was fine, we received tutoring training and started tutoring. They deducted 60% of the salary to pay fees. A typical day would be a tutoring class or consultation with one student
Good Company
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape5 August 2018
1. Good day at work.

2. Learnt about lecturing, tutoring, tutorials and spot tests invigilating and scripts marking and

3. Strong leadership.

4. Workplace cultures are role playing, task oriented, being
innovative and good student services.

5. I enjoyed working with the lecturers and student tutors.
productive and life changing
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 April 2018
I had flexible working hours, made it easy to attend my classes and finish my assignment. i learned how to manage my time effectively. most students i assisted have different racial backgrounds so it was interesting to learn from others. the hardest part of my job is when my classes clashed with my own timetable, students are demanding and expect you to assist them with everything, but i enjoyed the experience, i was able to stand in front of people and speak which helped in my confidence.
Pros
earn pocket money
Cons
flexible hours of work
Good working experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town21 November 2017
Tutor
Key responsibilities: reviewing learning material taught in class with students, monitor student academic performance; provide support to the module facilitator with research and practical sessions.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
4 hours
Fun Workplace
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 November 2017
If I ever had to re-do my studies, I would choose CPUT over and over again.

The institution allows you to work and study at the same time which assists you in paying your debt as a student.

Working in a multi-cultured environment made this experience priceless.
Pros
Environment is fun
Cons
Payment not always on time as a student tutor
Sophisticated and confident
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 September 2017
I am good listener who is Confident and smart.I like to work and help those who want to be assisted. My every day motor is What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Pros
laughter
Cons
long breaks
4,0
A great place for academic experience
STUDENT TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Bellville South, Western Cape26 June 2017
CPUT was a great place for academic experience, helping students with their school work and also boosting self confidence, Ilearnt more about coaching
Pros
Career boost
Cons
Work load was demanding with studies also
productive
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 June 2017
it was a flexible job that allowed me to work at my free time and i get paid according to the hours worked. it was right at the university were i was schooling. i was selected based on my peformance during and out of class.i assisted first and second year students in their subjects and they were really thankful
Productive,challenging, growth
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bellville South, Western Cape20 April 2017
I was forced to be affirmative on daily basis, because my mentor was pushing me to learn as much as I could. I've learned how to work with a team and meeting deadlines, punctuality and respecting the work I did. I was not allowed to stay behind to finish my work as they didn't allow me to work overtime even if I was expecting to get paid. Enjoyable time of the job was to analyze samples, troubleshooting and mostly achieving the required recoveries and grades.
Pros
Given opportunity to learn how to troubleshoot
Cons
Being limited to work specific hours
exciting and experiencial workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 February 2017
Being able to assist other students really made me feel proud and helpful and really made me feel good about myself. The management was very helpful especially when I was asked a question that I didn't understand I could easily go and ask them.
Pros
indepth knowledge of the tutored subject.
Productive workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  cape town campus21 February 2017
being a tutor at CPUT is amazing because its an tertiary institution of learning, where one gets to assist struggling students with the school work related problems with the assistance of lecturers.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 October 2016
I learned how to work with people in teams. How to improve your communication skill. The most enjoyable part was helping students understand what they didnt understand before
Pros
free materila
Cons
no support from supervisors
fun place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 October 2016
It was great there because of the great learning enviroment and my team was very supportive .

my team and myself shared responsiblities equally and fairly.
Disrespectful
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 September 2016
The experience as tutor and at the same time student was wonderful. It made me understand the definition of what it mean to work under pressure but as always every single good experience also have bad ones, and for this specific case i would say that there wasn't enough respects from the institution towards students,lack of payments.
Motivation to work.
Student Mentor and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 August 2016
I assist students who are struggling academically and socially in their first year at university. I am there as their support structure so that should they feel that they are in a bit of a scuffle with their studies, they should know that there is a person who is there to help them to get through it all. Each of my colleagues and I have been assigned students that we have to focus on, however they are not as actively involved with their students as I am with mine and their students feel neglected. I, therefore end up assisting the other students as well. The ability to pass down the little knowledge i have to the younger students is what makes me enjoy my job.
Pros
Sharing of ideas
Cons
Very little time.
academics
Tutor of Engineering Physics (Former Employee) –  Cape Towb9 May 2016
I learned to be patient specially when teaching first year students. My lecturers have been very supportive.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when students understand what I am explaining to them
Fun workplace
Tutoring students (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 March 2016
Nothing more fun about passing on the knowledge I have to fellow prospects of Information Technology. I have had an extensive experience in tutoring, thus It was a plus for my management skills and abilities to execute the activities required for comprehension.
Pros
Software Development specialty
Fun and Challenging work place
tutoring (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC1 December 2014
Each day is a day of growth.I learn new things each day from both my colleague and the students. Students are always willing to learn and we are always willing to share the knowledge we have, this is what makes the job more fun for me. Learning is a way of expressing yourself, and i get to do it everyday. Sometime it gets hard when we deal with concept that are not easy to understand but at the end of the day, is just a challenge. My greatest satisfaction is to see more people enjoying maths and having a good impression about it.
Pros
N\a
5,0
Fun Institute to engage in tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC9 September 2014
Tutoring was a great experience for me and the interaction platform set by the institution allows the student tutors to have time to focus on their own studies. On the other hand, tutoring keeps one's mind sharp