Cape Peninsula University of Technology Management reviews

Its easy go work place
Administrative functions of the branch (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape22 February 2019
Always have productive days
I learned a lot about Technology
The management way of style is well planed
Its a multi racial and cultural environment
Its to deal with hard students
The good results at the end of the day.
Pros
The outings and lots of Holidays
Cons
When there is Strikes
1,0
worklife balance
IP Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 February 2019
A great place to be at. supportive colleagues and management. i love the flexible hours. the fun part is when I meet researchers and their inventions.
Pros
flexi hours
Cons
poor salaries
Fun and Encouraging Workplace
Sport Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 January 2019
The staff are very welcoming during induction and that plays an important role on how well you will perform at your job. The management was very encouraging and always willing to teach and learn from one another.
Fulfilling and inspiring
Part time lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town City Centre, Foreshore campus25 November 2018
As a part time lecturer, I prepared the curricula and teacher materials for first year students in one of the urban planning subjects. I would ensure that all presentations, copy material and equipment were ready before each class. The management style was very open and flexible which gave me the opportunity to explore new teaching methods. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with the students and inspiring them to be excited to learn about the urban planning industry. I would say the hardest part was getting students to be motivated when they were under lots of pressure with other tasks, but I tried to incorporate more activities to be completed in class that would allow them to have less home tasks.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited resources
Learning Environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 September 2018
It's a great place to be at and get a good education. It's a fantastic place to work as well as the mentors and colleges are very helpful and it has a very good management system.
3,0
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 August 2018
A typical day at work would start off with myself checking my emails and responding to those which would require a response.

I have learned that time management in the workplace is of the out most important. As well as prioritizing tasks from the most important to the least important. The hardest part of the job would be getting tasks at the last minute and still expected to deliver the best quality when it has been requested from staff, at times weeks in advance.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to know my co-workers better and learning from their experiences.
Pros
An hour lunch
Prodcutive as can be
Lecturer Information Systems and Data Base Systems (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 July 2018
A typical day starts in the morning and ends late in the evening with various activities and consultations with students and meetings.

I have acquired competency and skills related to lecturing in System analysis and design, research project coordination, research methodology, IT research project planning and supervision of postgraduate research.

People deal with management decisions on matters arising on a daily basis if necessary. However, there is room for more inclusiveness and diversification of decision making.

Work culture is reasonably acceptable. There is room for more openness and recognition of others seen as minority.

Dealing with issues that compromise the standards and lax in administrative matters.

Interacting and engaging with students, seeing their growth and understanding coming through.

Supervision and mentoring.
Pros
research team and colleages
Cons
Long hours, no loyalty from authorities, no sence of appreciation
Job Placement opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape16 April 2018
The institution often offers temporary placement which makes one uncertain of the future. Although that is the case but the work environment is of a high standard according to OHS regulations which really makes one feel as part of the team more especially to the physically disabled workers.
Pros
Benefits/ work culture/ Management style/ Growth opportunities
Cons
Contract employment/ Logistics in terms of infrastructure
5,0
Fun place to work at and the environment is great
Data capture (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 April 2018
I would as a term but the environment was great. The management was reasonable and a they promoted growth for permanent staff. Knowing some of the requirements for the students to qualify, helped to encourage those i see at church and community to study hard and apply in time.
Pros
Closed for December holidays
Cons
In danger when there was a strike
4,0
Quiet and not really organised
IT lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town24 March 2018
Fun at certain stages cause you working with peers
management isn't good
hardest part is troubleshooting work that wasnt ours
people would refuse to understand certain problems
wouldnt recommend this place if youre a student
Pros
working with peers
3,0
Research on how to produce bio-fuel from natural Resources
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellville South, Western Cape28 February 2018
It was a very exciting Research we did, everyday it thought me a lot about myself and learning new things. Working in a team is very important which is the first lesson I learnt. Through my hard work I became the team leader of the research. Time management was very important in the workplace. Under the supervision of the Lab Technician. The whole experience was good for me as a professional and as a person. The workplace culture was to get our deadlines on time and work as team. The hardest part of the job was when we had deadlines to meet, and making sure the whole research is well studied and done properly. But overtime I worked well under pressure because I prepare for it before it comes, and try to stay calm as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyday I woke up and had to work towards my dream of being the best of my job description. This is all because I was doing what I love.
Pros
free lunch
4,0
productive and holistic work environment
Communication Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 February 2018
I wonderful place to work. Management is very warm and understanding. Development is always welcomed. Training always on the fore-front. Very nice staff functions.
Pros
lovely colleagues
Cons
limited advancement
Stressful
Postdoctoral fellowship (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape3 February 2018
Poor management and nobody wants to be head accountable for making decisions. Talk is cheap but work the talk is the most crucial thing that was missing at CPUT.
Relaxed environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Western Cape17 November 2017
It was good to work with the students at the CPUT library. I was honoured to assist them find information to benefit their studies. I was also given the opportunity to assist lecturers.

The hardest part of the job was working in the evening. The shifts were from 4pm until 10pm at night.

I enjoyed having the responsibility of compiling the monthly report (including graphs and statistics).

Management was very kind and fair at all times.
Productive and Intersting
Residence Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 November 2017
I was given an opportunity to serve as a leader and work at the same time. I learnt to maintain a professional and respectful relationship with students and colleagues. I improved in my time management and planning as fulltime student and part-time employee.
Pros
Free Accommodation
Cons
Not Applicable
Daily experience
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 April 2017
As a research student and lecturer, my typical day at work was challenging but yet fulfilling. My interpersonal skills decision making improved. The most fulfilling is to teach and engage with students from differing countries. The difficult part of my job is that, i ensure that all students possess the level of knowledge passed on by me. The workplace is conducive with effective management.
Pros
Challenging, Exciting, Dedication
Hectic and productive
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 February 2017
My typical day is to attend meetings, update database, report to director, engage with staff and students. My job has enhanced the following; communication and writing skills, analytical skills, working under pressure and time management.
The most enjoyable part of my job, is engaging with the internal and external stakeholders.
exciting and experiencial workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 February 2017
Being able to assist other students really made me feel proud and helpful and really made me feel good about myself. The management was very helpful especially when I was asked a question that I didn't understand I could easily go and ask them.
Pros
indepth knowledge of the tutored subject.
3,0
Productive and heart warming work place
ITC Computer Laboratory Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 February 2017
A typical day at work includes helping students with the printer and other work on Microsoft.
I learned to work with different people and tolerating while respecting them.
Management was good.
hardest part of the job was when we all had assignments to submit.
most enjoyable part was being able to help others.
Pros
Work area was close to home.
2,0
Draining work environment
In-service Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 January 2017
I did not spend much time at CPUT and there little time i spent i had to deal with management inability to come up with a clear learning program. Had there been better management there could have been a lot more work experienced gain at the institute as they have a well organised research team into technological advancements.