Cape Union Mart Group Employee Reviews

4,0
Work has to be fun all the time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng pretoria25 January 2018
The company it's self it's marvelous ive gained a lot of experience in terms of loyalty customer service, technical products the culture at cape union mart is to deliver awesome retail experience and always keep smiling being vibrant and taking carr of our customers
Pros
Time off, free lunch
Cons
More effort to your work means long hard working hours
exciting and interesting
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng12 January 2018
customer care, sales and stocktaking. when i get to work i start cleaning and dusting so the store is clean for customers. we check how much stock is needed for order.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
festive hours
very informative
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 November 2017
very good company to work for,the culture they still have to more focus which they can do better done now.as for management they do take good care for the employee
Pros
incentive for in store compations
Cons
stock counts
3,0
I have learnt so much more from them. They all about having fun at work and motivated staff is crucial.
Senior store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosebank mall, Gauteng25 September 2017
Cape Union Mart is a great company and have grown so much since I have been there. As a company we still showing a profit while other companies are battling. Their core values are Trust, Innovation and passion and that is what makes the company work like a well oiled machine. It's been an experience that I won't easy forget. They also pay bonuses without even thinking twice about it and they just want to give money away by creating competitions so they can empower staff financially in these tough times.
Pros
They want to give out money In the form of competitions and incentives
Cons
Long hours at store level
Productive and fun environment
Management (Current Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng12 September 2017
Cape Union Mart group is a fantastic company to work with, the culture is great and the quality of people is amazing. The only difficulty was growing within the business was a slow process.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long hours, far traveling
it was long hours
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 August 2017
it was a great starting off job in retail
I learned a lot including basic admin skills , auditing skills
I learned how to approach people and identify their individual needs
Pros
meet new people
Enjoyable
Entry Clerk or Bonded clerk (Current Employee) –  OR TAMBO airport24 June 2017
Since I have joined the company I'm learning and gaining experience every day with the work I do to managing people, i'm improving my skills every day with the challenges we are facing on daily basis, the good thing is that we have a welcoming management if you need assistance with your work they listen and support you, which makes our culture of providing our customers with the best service run smoothly, though there's always challenges just like any business for an example the shortage of sizes which the customers need is the hardest part of our job but the most enjoyable part of it all is when we have made our monthly target.
Pros
incentives
Cons
shifts
3,0
Part-Time Permanent Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State17 May 2017
It is an awesome company to work for, which cares for it's employees, align it's policies and procedures with the law. Career adancing is not for all, as it takes a whole while for most of us to advance in the company.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 May 2017
Working for Cape Union Mart was a great opportunity for me because I got to learn and develop myself as an individual. It was a great experience for me. I got to work with great people who are always willing to help and ensure other peoples growth.
Pros
Nice food
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng17 February 2017
Cape Union Mart is a retail company and is responsible for liaising with customers in order to ensure a transaction goes smoothly. A sales assistant is expected to help customers choose between the company's array of goods and services, process payments and maintain a high level of customer service.I enjoyed being by the door to greet customers with my beautiful smile before they begin with their shopping experience at our store.
Pros
Pick n Pay gift cards
Fun and funky
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape13 February 2017
Really a fun and funky place to work as you are not restricted to anything. A day at work is challenging as you have a daily target and the store does not cater for everyone. ( 18 - 40 ).

Being a manager at that store is to really think out of the box and to be pro-active in store and with customers.
5,0
Great culture and fun environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 January 2017
Cape union Mart is one of the best companies I have worked for. The culture is like no other and what it stands for is what the rest of the retail world needs. Customer is king is what Cape Union Mart is all about. They care for the employees and create a good environment for staff. They take interest in their staff and their well being.
Pros
Great incentives
Good company to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng ortambo13 January 2017
It gives a chance to learn n improve on your self ....I have learn how to deal with customers n how handle customers it makes you value customers as the customers is our member one game
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
9 hours
4,0
I'm just not happy Because of no offs during the weekend for ppt
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng8 January 2017
Working here has been fun n very helpful i've learned alot n I can say I grew maturely to take on anything .tips are know your products give the best customer service treat each customer as the only customer
Pros
we run competitions n be rewarded with free lunch or paid off days
Cons
long hours kill your social life, this job takes over everything coz most of the time u there.
4,0
great employers. recommended with great confidence.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 January 2017
very friendly working environment. typically starts with a morning meeting, which is a feedback from the previous days performance of the store and the individual employee. typical activities include merchandising and serving customers.
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours standing