Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews

5,0
The most enjoyable part is when we have challenges, because we are competitive and gives us goals for the day. they groom us to be leaders
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo4 December 2019
I enjoy working for the company because I am learning more about customer service and its culture is the best. I learned team work. Our leader encourage us every morning meetings.
I have seen growth in me especially when it comes to managing my finances, with the company's guidance. Good thing is the is an incentive in every hard work
3,0
It was not really easy but i use to have fun because i was enjoying what i was doing in daily bases
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gauteng27 November 2019
Avery day comes with its story but happiness at work is yourself, i have learnt a lot on customer service,product knowledge facilitating, coaching and informing and how to build customer relationship how to handle or solving problems and trusting in yourself,i learnt a lot on management, i could run a store just like a manager because i was a senior in my role, the hardest part of the job is when you dont understand your daily activities, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your customers are happy with your service
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng26 November 2019
Best place to obtain skills and grow to a better Sales Assistant through learning and practicing the company culture. Best platform to work directly with customers.
3,0
Great company but management has a lot to learn
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng22 November 2019
The company's intension are in the right place, however the managers and hr managers will run the company down. The pay is good only if you are white. But the company does offer great benefits such as medical aid, provident fund and incentives upon making target.
1,0
Fun in stores, but very personal at the office
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng21 November 2019
At first I really enjoyed working for the company until we got a new manager and the head of operations became very hostile towards me with no objectivity at all and no one attempted to help the situation until I left. I will never ever go back to that organisation again. Even though I was paid well, but I later ate that salary in tears and in fear of losing my job.
5,0
Great company to work for :)
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 November 2019
Excellent company to work for.

- Great culture.

- Encourages growth through training/courses.

- Good collaboration across departments.

- Fast paced.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga5 November 2019
Its a fun place to work in and theres lot of growth opportunities... everyone lives the company's values n culture. We get paid fairly and theres always competition to boost our energ levels and our hard work is appreciated
4,0
Motivate and fun to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 November 2019
Very motivate and learn a lot found it more competitive
I have learned how to keep time management and how to supervise others as well as giving the good quality of service to the clients.
The management was good in terms of wanting others to learn and lead.
The culture was welcoming everyone in the store, black,white and small to big in terms of sizes. The hardest part in the job was to solve customers problem without managers assistant and that has help me to stand on my own even for others. The pay day was more enjoyable, manager would buy us food for lunch and energy drinks to boost energy for a new month.
Productive and engaging
sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  woodlands shopping center13 October 2019
Job was very engaging and really nice environment to work in, the day always started with a training session on less busier days about key products, i learned alot about camping and adventure leisure equipment, the management was quite flexible but in the short time i worked there we had a high rotation of store managers, which made me uncertain about the job security, with different managers came different cultures some more strict and others more relaxed, i enjoyed the communication with customers and the over all synergy the team had as a whole and the continuous , hardest part was having to adapt to different management styles on the bounce.
5,0
Productive, fun, educational and dynamic.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 October 2019
Working at the company, in the store (Old Khaki) we had to know our products very well in order to sell them to fit the customer's needs. We learned about our products in fun and innovative ways not only to improve knowledge on what we sell but also our customer service with role play. It was so much fun.
Best company ever
Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Africa6 October 2019
Cape union Mart was the best company I worked for. The experience that I have gained is unbelievable. It was not like working for a company we were all family .
Management at store good , Regional it's different but DM's super
STORE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 September 2019
Work you can learn lot of things and really become a force to be reckoned with.

Culture is good on paper and at DM level ๐Ÿ˜Š

But at regional level it's a different story . There is no Ubuntu
Team player
Technical Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 September 2019
You work 8 hrs a day , the hardest thing when you deal with customer repairs , enjoyable part is the morning sessions were we play games and learn the same time .
3,0
Great culture intended but eventually diluted.
Product Specialist/Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Westville, KwaZulu-Natal28 August 2019
A great culture encouraged by Chairman and CEO however not well implemented within stores. Whilst existing managers, who grew with the intended company culture, were promoted or relocated, a lot of managers brought in externally meant the company culture began to dilute.
Cape Union Mart
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban26 August 2019
Great company to work for with loads of benefits, growth may take much longer an is all dependent on management, I learnt a lot from the company with regards to excellent customer service skills and product knowledge...
4,0
It quiet a great company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, Gauteng25 August 2019
Growth is such a steep but furthermore this is a great working environment to work for. They also provide trainings, camps to help one know more and explore the main culture of the conpany
good working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 August 2019
great staff all round. team building was always fun as we got to mingle with one another.the work environment was pure friendly.it was a pleasure to work there
4,0
Cape union Mart is the best company to work for
Assistant leader (Current Employee) –  Grahamstown, Eastern Cape3 August 2019
Best company ever to work for best HR and area manager they care about the staff they always check on us cape union Mart is not just an employer but family to all thanks to indeed for recommending this job for me last year benefits and salary I'm happy
Great culture
IT Helpdesk Support (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 July 2019
Definitely one of the best companies to work for and would recommend any one with a vibrant personality to join. Growth is unlimited, pending on yourself to make those extra efforts.
Pros
Growth, incentives, discounts and many more benefits
Cons
Short lunches
Very insightful
Sales Assistant/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape23 July 2019
Work place was very welcoming and pleasant. Selling products that you know the features and gains is the best part of the job. Dealing with diffuclut customers is the best best part of the job but dealing with them came naturally an calming the situation.
Pros
Empowering workers
Cons
Not much growth