Cape Union Mart Management reviews

3,0
It was not really easy but i use to have fun because i was enjoying what i was doing in daily bases
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gauteng27 November 2019
Avery day comes with its story but happiness at work is yourself, i have learnt a lot on customer service,product knowledge facilitating, coaching and informing and how to build customer relationship how to handle or solving problems and trusting in yourself,i learnt a lot on management, i could run a store just like a manager because i was a senior in my role, the hardest part of the job is when you dont understand your daily activities, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your customers are happy with your service
1,0
Fun in stores, but very personal at the office
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng21 November 2019
At first I really enjoyed working for the company until we got a new manager and the head of operations became very hostile towards me with no objectivity at all and no one attempted to help the situation until I left. I will never ever go back to that organisation again. Even though I was paid well, but I later ate that salary in tears and in fear of losing my job.
4,0
Motivate and fun to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 November 2019
Very motivate and learn a lot found it more competitive
I have learned how to keep time management and how to supervise others as well as giving the good quality of service to the clients.
The management was good in terms of wanting others to learn and lead.
The culture was welcoming everyone in the store, black,white and small to big in terms of sizes. The hardest part in the job was to solve customers problem without managers assistant and that has help me to stand on my own even for others. The pay day was more enjoyable, manager would buy us food for lunch and energy drinks to boost energy for a new month.
Productive and engaging
sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  woodlands shopping center13 October 2019
Job was very engaging and really nice environment to work in, the day always started with a training session on less busier days about key products, i learned alot about camping and adventure leisure equipment, the management was quite flexible but in the short time i worked there we had a high rotation of store managers, which made me uncertain about the job security, with different managers came different cultures some more strict and others more relaxed, i enjoyed the communication with customers and the over all synergy the team had as a whole and the continuous , hardest part was having to adapt to different management styles on the bounce.
Management at store good , Regional it's different but DM's super
STORE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 September 2019
Work you can learn lot of things and really become a force to be reckoned with.

Culture is good on paper and at DM level 😊

But at regional level it's a different story . There is no Ubuntu
3,0
Great culture intended but eventually diluted.
Product Specialist/Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Westville, KwaZulu-Natal28 August 2019
A great culture encouraged by Chairman and CEO however not well implemented within stores. Whilst existing managers, who grew with the intended company culture, were promoted or relocated, a lot of managers brought in externally meant the company culture began to dilute.
Cape Union Mart
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban26 August 2019
Great company to work for with loads of benefits, growth may take much longer an is all dependent on management, I learnt a lot from the company with regards to excellent customer service skills and product knowledge...
Funky Brand
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 April 2019
Always fun working for this brand

Plenty of training

Managers are always supportive

Clients are great

Great HR management

Top fashion
Constructive Workplace
Sales Assistant / Equipment Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canal Walk, Western Cape29 October 2018
The company's environment was enjoyable to work for. Everything was done professionally. A uniform was provided. Staff management were considerate regarding family emergencies and leave.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long Hours
4,0
Very great environment to be in. Has that outdoor type of vibe towards the store
Permanent Part Timer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Stellenbosch22 October 2018
Cape Union Mart is a great place to be. Each day working with new customers helps teach me how to workbench people.
Management treats us all equally and we as colleagues work together as a team in unity.
Pros
A hour Lunch
Cons
Opens very early
5,0
very productive and fun workplace to work on
Technical sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Western Cape6 October 2018
wow i enjoyed working for such and great high end growing retailer such as cape union mart i have enjoyed my time and service at cape union mart for the past 3 years. great working culture/ fun environment/motivating staff and ,management great working experience indeed
Pros
hiking activities
Cons
short working hours
Productive and enjoyable environment
SALES ASSISTANT (PART TIME) (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga2 August 2018
Each day had its own challenges and fun moments, each day i was expected to have a conversation with the customers were by i was helping them to choose in our different products. I've learned that each customer always had an idea of what he/she want and it is not always easy to convince one to buy something they did not come for, i was expected to have a strategy of convincing them on what to buy by telling them more about the benefits of each product. The management of the store is well demonstrated or conducted since the managers are well skilled and trained, each manager knew on how to use their skills towards their colleagues regarding decision making and motivating us each morning. The workplace culture is not difficult to adapt since you are expected to be always on time and have an acceptable attitude towards customers, each morning one manager would conduct a small meeting briefing and motivating the colleagues. The hardest part of the job was when you had to help a rude moody customer, the most enjoyable part of the job was that you meet different people where by sometimes you get to learn new languages or be told interesting stories about why they need a certain product.
Sales vibes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gardens, Western Cape7 June 2018
The environment of making sales every day, reaching targeted total turn overs. Making money through product knowledge. Understanding of adventurous life.
Pros
stuff discount
Cons
racism
Very productive
Sales assistant/assistance manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time there, they understand great customer service, lovely management whom is in touch with their own employees. The culture there is absolutely stunning!
Pros
Job security, lovely people, care for the stuff
Fun Workplace
sales assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 April 2018
I have learned a whole lot from both fields, that Customers should all the time be treated with care and respect, the hardest part of the job on both call center and retail fields is dealing with difficult Customers worse when I am having a bad day as well,however the management always try their level best to lift up our spirit...
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape26 February 2018
My Days was always interesting and productive
I've learned to work under pressure, set goals and do your work professionally.
How to work with people, to understand them and to assist them with my knowledge and to learn from them as well.
I always stay calm in whatever situation there was and handled it well. Always stay positive and strive to do the best you can.
I always felt good when the job was well done and Management or the Employer was satisfied and happy.
Fun and motivating
Sales Assistant, Jeffrey's Bay (Former Employee) –  Jeffreys Bay, Eastern Cape17 January 2018
Awesome work place and people. energetic and passionate employers and employees. Great work environment.Positive and encouraging Management Team.It was always a pleasure being at work and learning about products.
Pros
great atmosphere
good working environment
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset West, Western Cape16 January 2018
a typical casuals day at work (shift working )
helping customers, lunch and tea times depending on the amount of hours worked.
over all good environment to be working in
the hardest part is constantly being alert because of the very interactive customer services
management were flexible and understand especially regarding studies
Pros
incentives
Cons
repetitive work
exploration and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 January 2018
That is time when i used to learn about the products and equipment because it wasnt busy that much and it hangs out with my learning how to fold, how to make sales was the most hardest part at first but when time went on i actually learnt how to make my sales which became enjoyable at work.
Culture of the place was suitable and made me comfortable to a point of feeling at home. Talking about the management they are people who makes everything feels easy and quick to learn but when the shop doesnt make sales then it was trouble but in a good form and the most part i loved and enjoy is when we did good sales and taken out for an adventure day off we were always treated the same no culture or religion was separated from the others but i will be honest the working hours was hetic at times but still loved my job
Pros
discount
Fun and adventurous
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 January 2018
Everyday you experience something different whether it's worth related or just your interaction with the customers
I've learned alot and even come our of my shell
Certain management was and still is a honor to work with they've taught me alot.

The culture is all about team work and achieving one goal whether it's making target or just staying within Boundaries.
Hardest part is not being able to give the customer what they want due to not having enough resources and the best part is when we go out on hikes or other adventurous activities.
Pros
Team buildings
Cons
Shifts and long hours