Capfin Employee Reviews

High performance culture
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 September 2019
High performance culture. Organisation that is very people focused. Provides a positive and fun working environment. Very fast paced environment but management is focused on growing the people. I have grown tremendously in my time with Capfin.
5,0
we creat fun at work by celebrating with the people that worked so much for the month by doing monthly awords
Collections Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kuilsrivier, Western Cape29 August 2019
The day when i was speaking to a dificult customer that didn't want to speak to any agents,but i managed to calm the customer down and made arrangements with him.its when you want to assist a customer but you are unable to due to company policies.I always enjoy it when we as agents are being reworded for the hard work we have done like getting team leaders suprices.Getting scretch cards like gold ,silver and bronze with different amounts of money.
Pros
free lunch when we atchieved target for a day
Cons
working long hours on a public holiday
1,0
Very unprofessional
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape22 August 2019
Short hours and very little pay. Managers as well as HR can not be trusted. No discretion from HR. Micro management does not belong in a Corporate environment. These are skilled workers.
And as the facilitator confirmed in a meeting: "The moment you open your mouth, you become a target!"
I was also bullied because of my sexual orientation.
The worst company to work for!
3,0
competitive and conducive workplace and a pleasant environment with competitive staff.
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  Kuilsrivier, Western Cape17 August 2019
I had a wonderful work experience while working at capfin, the company take good care of its employees. the management is accessible and open to employees concerns.
fun and exciting
Call centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape12 March 2019
It was good company to work for and it had a nice enviroment..we were working in a team enviroment where we were too competative which was nice.I was in New Busines aswell as customer service.Every month we would receive awards based on your perfomance
Pros
sometimes we free lunch and monthly awards
Cons
short hours
Awsomme Company
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape8 March 2019
This is such a great company to work for I have been here since 2014 and have grown so much. Management recognise hard work and growing in the company is evident if you dedicated enough. Best company to work for unlimited training opportunities, learnerships, study assistance, bursaries, reward programmers, employee engagements across the business. Your kids are cared for in your untimely passing in addition to the death benefit for your family. Capfin really cares for there employees and ppl who are rating this a bad company should ask themselves why...
Productive Flexible Work Environment
DBA Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, ZA21 February 2019
Daily task includes optimising production & development environments.

Creating & managing existing DB processes.

Health checks & monitoring of environments using 3rd party tools as well as in house tools.

Assisting development teams with code reviews and optimisations.

I learned a lot about people management and also time management in a high-pressure environment.

Workplace culture is good but it can be better.

The hardest part of the job is working with management that does not communicate and micromanages.

Flexitime and using the latest tools, software, and hardware.
Pros
Subsidised Meals
Cons
Annual leave cap to low
Productive enviroment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 January 2019
Fast and forever changing enviroment
Good management team with room for improvement
Culture very good
Hardest part of the job would be - coming to work and there would be no work for 2-3 hours
1,0
Very bad
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape18 January 2019
During my time at this company I found that team leaders thought of themselves as the CEOs of the company instead of doing what they were paid for.
Long hours for very little pay.
Poor working environment and no support from management
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Poor working conditions
WOrk
funny work environment but i general i do not like call center, most of your time is spent at work and you also work long hours and weekends and hardly get time to spend with family
5,0
Agent (customer service and data capturing) (Former Employee) –  Western Cape2 May 2018
We start each day with a hardly see what we progressed on the day before and what we need to work on more than we move straight into working that was.
Pros
non
Cons
normal
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 April 2018
Very cold working enviroment
Team leaders always on hamd to assist
Canteen and games area very well set up
Amazing Team building
Excellent Customer Service
Pros
Amazing Year End Functions
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Call Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 April 2018
Capfin listens to their staff and has many growth opportunities across its various business units. The environment is heavily regulated by the NCR and they try to implement best practice wherever possible.
Pros
Development Opportunities
Cons
Working hours a bit longer than the norm
work enviroment
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape4 March 2018
Login at the start of your shift and help all clients in a professional manner.
What Ive learnt is how to deal with different clients across the country from places I didnt even know existed.
Was excellent.
Management was amazing managers n the floor was very helpful and friendly.
Working till 5pm on a Saturday when the work is done at 1Pm and sitting at work for 4 hours,or helping out other departments when our departments work is done as well.
Shifting was made easy so you can go home and get enough rest and no Sundays.
Pros
Monthly incentive in rand value
Cons
Incentive is easy to loose
Great Company for growth
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape30 January 2018
Capfin offers opportunities at all levels for growth/advancement. As a Team Leader the starting salary and salary increase is better than the average market salary. The 45 hour week as per contractual requirements is a strain on work/life balance as you tend to work shifts which are basically from 07:00-20:30. Shifts vary and this is the problem-no set shift as you will work up to 2-3 different shifts sometimes in just one week. Which is only released to you 1-2 weeks in advance.

The management team is understanding and flexible. They are confident in leading the Company towards their vision. The culture is not what they portray. Contact centre culture is not as friendly-the type of employee for the contact centre they target is the reason why.
Pros
Growth and Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Rotational Shifts every week that are only released to you 1-2 weeks in advanced
fun place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape13 October 2017
salary not so good,learned a lot,hardest part was telling someone that they cannot have a loan after reading them a long contract ,typical day at work hmmmmm just getting there on time and wait for a call or make calls ... management is ok
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
unstable working hours
Good working environment
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape6 October 2017
It was a great company to work for.
Everyone understood each other
Management team was very friendly and welcoming
If you as an individual did your work good, you will be complimented in every ways.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Straight shift
5,0
Productive and fun work place
Quality Assessor (Current Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape4 October 2017
Capfin is one of the best companies to work for. If it was not about my career choice I would work for them forever, however my career as a safety officer is not catered for within the call center environment.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Acceptable hours
5,0
we have games area nice working place
consulant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 August 2017
Capfin is a good lovely place it looks like a home to me because i spent lot of my time here and we dealing with people from different back grounds, i learn how to deal with difficult and easy customers, i enjoy when we have meetings giving our own views to our team leaders and when we have team buildings get to know each other better
Pros
only when your team win
Review
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape8 July 2017
My typical day starts off with greeting all my employees and making sure that everyone is running smoothly. Once that is done, ill check our reports for the previous day and work my plan of action for the rest of the day. There are times that the plan doesn't go according to plan, however i manage to achieve what was set. What I've learnt from my current Company is report writing, analyzing reports, investigating and planning for the future of the Business. We have a very diverse culture in the workplace which is exciting and challenging at the same time. The hardest part is working with those diverse people, learning that there are different views and ways to manage; which is also the most enjoyable part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capfin. Our community is ready to answer.

3,6