Capitec Bank Employee Reviews

Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng16 April 2019
I enjoyed working for Capitec i learned new things and gained experience in the financial department , I worked with a good team who shared their knowledge with me and the management was very good
Informative, productive and upskilling
SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Mbazwana, KwaZulu-Natal12 April 2019
It enabled me to work with numbers under pressure without committing errors.
It enabled me to be able to scrutinize documents and follow proper protocols of the company.
Pros
Personnal award and team awards incentives
1,0
Stressful environment
SERVICE CONSULTANT (PERMANENT) (Former Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng8 April 2019
Capitec bank is far from how other banks operate, their brand is misrepresentation to potential clients. It's manipulative to it's clients and employees. It lacks a lot of professionalism. Perhaps in a few years, it would've grown and actually think bigger. Ask any employee and he/she would complain about the working conditions there.
Pros
Cons
High targets, long working hours, lack of banking culture.
4,0
The environment is challenging and ensures that you grow in all aspects.
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State2 April 2019
We started our day with a start-up meeting, this is where learning sessions took place. To continually ensure that we are on top of our game with our product knowledge and that were are ahead of the competition. We held these meetings from 07H30-8H00 Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays we took whole hour.

I have never had a challenge with time but Capitec Bank ensured that I respect time even more. In everything that I have learnt, Client comes first, these are the very important people, it does not matter how I feel it is not about me but about the VIP.

We always change managers from time to time. If you wanted to be happy, you were supposed to learn how your manager works and align with their unique style.

Culture of learning; It was what defined the company and what makes it grow and succeed.

Convincing a loyal client to switch their salary to our Bank.

Winning a loyal client to eventually Bank with us and also convincing a client who did not come to the Bank with a loan need to walk out with money in their account.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Poor performance which resulted in you not getting incentives
Exciting workspace
Design and Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Africa24 March 2019
Exciting place to work as the company is growing rapidly. I enjoyed the diverse culture of the employees; thehe R&D with staying up-to-date with current technologies; lso appreciate that they put the client first and treat every client like a VIP; staff are well trained to deal with clients.
Pros
Bonus ate year end if targets are met
Cons
Head Office is split up into many buildings, communication between departments is made difficult because of this
5,0
Learn alot came with no experience
Atm assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 March 2019
Capitec learn me alot i can clear errors on atm devices. I know about deposits and banking rules made me much more professional. I didnt had medical aid before capitec provided me with it. Capitec gave me 75%of my salary when i was very ill.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
8till 5
Capitec Bank at Mandela Park shopping centre
Bulk teller (Former Employee) –  Qwa-Qwa, Free State14 March 2019
Their service is more efficient and they value people.Lack of attendance is what you will never find at that workplace.They understand that their duty is to serve people.
Cons
I prefer working long hours for the company purposes
Company
Syndicate intelligence investigator (Current Employee) –  Bellville, Cape Town13 March 2019
The company provides a stable job, no retrenchments happening. There is opportunity for growth. The is however not much benefits and the salary is not on par with other banks
Pros
Job stability
Cons
No real benefits and salary not on par with other banks
Fun work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
learned how to effectively work with people. i wish at the time i worked there management was more open to change and growth of other than employees..
productive
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  cape town bellville4 March 2019
productive and fun working environment good culture and able to give feeback on a weekly basis mamagement is strict and some are overlooked in my opinion but it is a good company
New Challenges and possibilities
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, ZA22 February 2019
Everyday is different at work. CEO fundamentals are instilled in all employees. Great management that encourages cohesive team work and participation.
Strictly business orientated
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 February 2019
Good place to work but certain areas of employment need improvement. Capitec bank as a company needs to place more focus on their employees and work towards giving their employees a happier work place
Pros
Cons
Long hours minimal benefits
productive
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, ZA17 February 2019
working hard and giving it your best was always my key at work. working at weekends is a bit challenging but always humbles you to your work and i appreciated that.
Pros
meeting diiferent clients hence different challages
Cons
less exposure
stability
Client Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape11 February 2019
Job stability is important and every advancement to your career is in your hands.

they provide a people friendly environment and benefits like free te and coffee that really makes our working day easier.
Pros
job stability
Cons
shifts
Energising
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal1 February 2019
Each day has 15 minutes of its content, Monday being of writing a quick test of any learning that was picked up, Tuesday used for theory discussion on a certain matter based on the policy, Wednesdays an hour dedicated to Team Learning Session where at times it is role plays and video watching of the CEO doing presentations of the company videos, Thursdays are called people Thursdays where we talk about us as a team, any matter then Fridays are for reviewing the service and planning for the week ahead
Pros
The company has a clear plan of its objectives and it does involve its employees
3,0
productive and fun work place sometimes
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middelburg, Eastern Cape1 February 2019
typical day is always hearing about set targets
learn something new everyday
management can really make your life ....,but just brush them off
family work place culture
reaching targets is the hardest part of the job
interacting with different clients daily
Pros
i dont know
Cons
having kids is an issue, because you cant attend nothing of your kids
1,0
Straining
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo31 January 2019
Poor branch level management skills. Unfair treatment large work load with minimum wage. No benefits at all for employees. If you work for this company you will only be focused on the company no time for family at all.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Work on holidays
3,0
Good place to work at however to many specialized work for one person and under paid for it.
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Africa16 January 2019
I work with peoples money all day long. if its not a credit application it will be a life insurance or it will a fixed term savings plan or just your daily operations and transactions and deposits that I do.

I work with well equipped people and Management.

Our Culture is to make clients bank better and live better through transparency and putting clients in control.

I have learned how to deal with complaints and general unhappy clients, also patience and to be calm and collective and to think and adapt quickly and most importantly connecting to the clients unspoken need and emotions.

The hardest part of my job is when clients cannot qualify for a loan and it could have helped the client allot.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to see clients leave happy and coming back asking for me.
Pros
Good stable Job
Cons
Long hours, and many job specifics. you are not just a consultant but a cashier, a loan consultant, savings consultant, an insurance consultant with high targets in all aspects of the Jjob
4,0
Very energetic work environment and has a lot of growth within the company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  North West8 January 2019
My work experience at Capitec bank has a great effect on me as a person because I have learnt a lot.I have become more client orientated and dealing with face to face interactions with people made me more confident
4,0
A good environment to learn and grow
SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Makhado, Limpopo19 December 2018
It was a good Company though with long working hours, yet it teaches one to work under pressure and long hours. With various products that the bank offers, it provides one with an opportunity to learn more, now I have experience as a cashier, how to sell funeral policy, upsell credit products and many more.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Long a hours and Sunday trading