Cartrack Employee Reviews

Productive, fun environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springs, Gauteng29 July 2019
Hardworking, fun environment.
I am a strong willed consultant with strong leadership abilities.
I am hardworking and love what i do, I am a quick learner so for me to learn something makes me feel empowered.
Pros
Commission with every fitment
Cons
Long hours, Weekends
5,0
Work hard so you can get the rewards
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape25 July 2019
I do learn alot at cartrack when it comes to vehicles. I believe there is always room for improvement.
You are mostly on the road due to fitting vehicles at clients homes. Its tge perfect job for a young man starting at tge bottom.
Pros
Car allowens
Cons
Salary
1,0
Unpleasant work environment and biased managers.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 May 2019
It's generally an unpleasant biased place with little to no opportunity to advance to your true potential and their salary is ridiculous and unsustainable. Their business ethics is little to nothing.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Nepotism
Learning Curve
Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg CBD8 January 2019
Cartrack (Temp Position through Perdm)

I was outsourced to Cartrack through a recruitment agency.
They weren't very clear about the position and upon applying I was told that a small basic salary will be provided and in my line of work which was beauty therapy at the time.

In the interview I was told no basic salary you have to sell the product in the field, approach people to sell the product and you get paid according to your sales.

Once arriving for my first day of work, I got put into the car track team and told that the beauty therapy section has filled up.

I stuck it out and manage to move from field sales to Training.
Pros
It was a good stepping stone
Cons
I had to use my personal vehicle to drive employees around with no transport with my own fuel.
Fun Company
Senior Web Developer (Current Employee) –  City of Tshwane, Gauteng15 November 2018
The company Cartrack is good and very big. I am the lead developer Boss in Rosebank South Africa. The skills i have and the knowledge of te things they need make it so.

I love working there
Pros
can do anything any time, Get Extra money if work is done well
Cons
No free food, People steel your milk
2,0
Too old school and not flexible
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 October 2018
Love my job and the responsibilities that come with it, there is never a dull moment. No commission, i dont get insentivised for what i do, and this is among the reasons i unfortunately on the market.
4,0
Fun and productive to work
Fleet Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 July 2018
Be a quick learner
Have a good telephone etiquette
Be able to meet targets and work under pressure
Be a team player
Know your products and be able to explain to your clients
Pros
Free lunches, gifts on special days
Cons
You work under pressure but have to be able to cope
Cold calling hero's
Sales Consultant and Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng7 June 2018
Cartrack is a great company to work for and the culture is amazing.

At Cartrack you will learn the true meaning of cold calling and knocking on doors
RECOVERY AGENT (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 April 2018
The hours was very long, some days when you haven't had a recovery you had to sit in your vehicle for 12hours. If we were busy then it was nice and exciting. Some days you had like 3hours sleep in 4days
Great Growth Opportunities
Senior Branch Administrator and Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Pretoria and Midrand7 March 2018
I started working at Cartrack in 2011, within a year I received a salary increase and within the same year I got promoted to Senior.

After 5 and a half years, they wanted to broaden my horizons even more by putting me in a sales position.

Great company and easy growth opportunities.
Productive work place
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 February 2018
Cartrack is company that make a person grow, a person works hard under pressure but they always made sure that you as a person can handle the pressure. it really teaches you to work with people, to love and appreciate/ value others opinions. our manager always made us to feel like we are family and we all belong to one mother which was Cartrack, we always made a rule that no matter how hard it is always have that friend who can help you ease the workload and the problems that are encountered at that time. the hardest thing about my job is that u have to handle everything at the same time e.g. client always wants want they want at their time and you have to make sure that you keep all parties happy, some would be on the line while the other one is in in front of you. I always enjoyed seeing a client leaving happy and knowing I made someone smile for that day .
Pros
when target was reached, we get half day
Cons
long hours, working on sunday
5,0
I was very productive great company to work for.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  South Africa24 October 2017
It was a great company to work for ,there is no day I wouldn't feel like going to work.I have learned that working very hard ,smart and loving your jobs pays.My previous manager was great loving and accomodative.
Our culture was overseas trips incentives,where I enjoyed flying to Maldives island,Seychelles island and Dubai every year.That motivated me to work hard every month because I love traveling.My salary was based on basic and commission.Reason I left its between me and company's confidentiality till job interview.
Pros
Free launches and goodies we used to get
Cons
We use to have going home early incentives after reaching daily target
Productive,Fun,Flexible
Bash scripting
Database issues troubleshooting
Pgpsql functions
Linux knowledge
Pros
Free food at events
3,0
great people and very safe environment
control room operator (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng3 May 2017
*transfer customers to the relevant department
* Ensure that we assist in locating our Clients vehicles
* Call Clients when a signal regarding their vehicle is received ( Low battery, Battery Disconnection, high risk areas)
I have learnt that dealing with different people on a daily basis can be a challenge and that it can be very eye opening and challenging at the same time because we all different and deal with predicaments in a way that is also different. It also taught me to work hard and be dedicated given the long working hours.
Pros
incentives
productive`
Stock Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng24 April 2017
fun place to work at
balance family and work life
Hr is very helpful
always willing to train staff
training always provided to new staff
company values are shown
Exciting and Mind Reviaving, Multi skilling and Challenging
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng13 March 2017
Its a growing Company, employing all the different nations, Professional Management, One unique family, Sharpening one's skills. family fun days. Its sometimes challenging to work with a difficult client, however at the end of the day I need to make sure that client is happy.
Pros
Free goodies
Cons
Normal hours
Good company - Lots learned, no future growth
Business Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng30 December 2016
The company has grown so much in such a short space of time and has huge potential for growth.
I reported to the Global CEO and I earned so much in the 3.5 years of being with the company, but sadly there is no room for future growth. Hence I have resigned.

A day at the office is very busy and work life balance is not the greatest. I enjoy the people that I work with and I enjoyed the diversity of ideas and concepts within the company.
Pros
Open minded
Cons
two many leaders
Cartrack
Technical Operations System Support (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 November 2016
• Gathering of data from systems to produce daily reports, assisting with statistics and report writing.
• Documenting procedures, processes and user guides for internal systems and products
• Onsite systems training for staff and franchises (International and national) with regards to systems.
• System investigation, analysis and trouble shooting.
• Ticket management - timely response, investigation and resolving of client problems or requests to ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements
• Basic testing of new systems for clients and staff.
3,0
Fresh out of high school experience
ADMIN ASSISTANT/ CREDIT CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng29 October 2016
First formal job, fresh out of high school. A great start into administration duties, scheduled data capturing and the opportunity to experience creditor duties and first hand petty cash responsibilities as well as payment tasks.
Pros
See potential in new workers
Cons
Brief relationship
4,0
its n fun place to work in
Technician (Current Employee) –  Middelburg, Mpumalanga20 October 2016
Do n lot of changes in the company an drive a lot in a day. Very good company to start in tracking provide learners to do good in the company and very strict about work
Pros
take lunge as you drive
Cons
normal time 8 to 5