Caterpillar
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 31 March 2020

Caterpillar Employee Reviews

Good Work Environment
It was a really good work place at. They always had an employee of the month nominations which made it fun when people strives for excellence. ******
Pros
Free Jackets
5,0
Enjoying And there's a lot challenges that you have to face and improve, I learned a lot to work in this company they give you opotunity to participate in the lot of things.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
8 hours
Productive and fun workplace
Busy, productive and fun day at the office, you are trained and given space into applying changes to your job as long as it benefits the company and also improves your contributions.
Pros
free lunches when you hit records
Cons
long hours and overtime
Productive and Fun experience
Days at work are short because there is just so much to do for 8 hours. I discovered that I have excellent planning skills through this job as well as managing a large number of people and it also helped in boosting my communication skills. Fantastic work culture especially when it comes to safety of people. Recognition is the hardest and appreciation. Achieving projects before given deadline.
Pros
Free Lunches on certain milestones
Cons
No appreciation
enjoyed it
I was a Driver and i enjoyed working there and everyone who was around me showed me love and how to work with people we were about to work every single time even if when i wake up i knew what i had to do
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
8 hours per day
Empowering and fun workplace
I worked as a filing clerk. I learned how sort mails, attend to all the inquiries from different customer, and knowing different types of filing and documents. The management was very good. The workplace culture was good. It is a structured environment with different race. The hardest part of the job was to work hard for a lesser salary which was from a hand to mouth. The most enjoyable part of the job was working under finance department and be exposed to different financial documents that I only knew from school.
Pros
Free tea anytime
Cons
lesser salary
4,0
it was a challenging experience. i learned real job situation. time management was realistic, it was my first work cultural experience. i really enjoyed my work, the hardest part of my job was to work for only short of time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
reasonable hours
Good working relationship
Like any big company you are one of the team. There is a good working relationship between the workforce. Certain managers have their own way of managing.
Pros
As long as you do your work everything is fine
Cons
Salary terribe.
3,0
Stable company to work for
AS it was a long time ago when I worked for Caterpillar a lot would have changed since then but overall it was a good company to work for and my colleagues were also good people that got along with each other and myself with ease
Pros
13 Cheque
Relaxing but professsional environment
Morning day planning meeting, all levels equally respect.
Easy to work with people as they work as one team together on all aspect.
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
No real development oppertunities
Productive Workplace
• Completed daily work requirements of statistical analyses of sales and projected retention rates.
• Presented to business delegates and marketing professionals to improve corporate presentation
4,0
Morning or evening meeting before starting, learned all about fabrications and welding. Manager was a nice person, he always made you feel needed and had time for any query one had. Good team of inspectors but had its ups and downs, resolved one on one.
Hardest part of the job worked night shift and missed my daughters first words and steps, no regrets though. Always finished the relevant paper work for the shift I was on.
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
The company closed down
2,0
Was my firstjob
The work was very repetitive and automated - i became bored.
The first few months were interesting. My co-workers were very pleasant and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up the flame spectrophotometers in the morning - it was a very specific skill set and if anything went wrong there was a possibility of blowing up the laboratory!!!!!
5,0
Fun, challenges and hard days.
A day at work was fun, enjoyed going to work and planning the day ahead.I learned how to be a leader and to lead a team and when to follow. Management thought me how to work under pressure very well.
What I liked about the co-workers is that they worked towards the same goal and promoted recognition.

The hardest part of the job trying to complete the workload when associates were not at work.

The most enjoyable part was working towards an objective.
Pros
Being recognised for good work
Cons
Team members not participating
1,0
Melhor empresa para se trabalhar.
Um local onde todo mundo se ajuda ,onde todas as pessoas dividem seus conhecimentos ,os lideres são transparentes em relação ao nosso trabalho dando um direcionamento onde temos que melhorar para nos auxiliar no crescimento profissional. As pessoas se respeitam e procuram se ajudar ,todos trabalhando juntos com o mesmo objetivo melhorar a cada dia ajudando a empresa a se perpetuar.
Pros
Ambiente de trabalho ótimo
Cons
Não tenho
See my cv
- entering and tracking orders
- entering and tracking deliveries

- verifying invoices

- tracking unpaid invoices

- monitoring disputes

- managing deliveries to warehouses

- verifying bank transactions online

- tracking payments

- entering invoices via SAP, 3270, BW software

- stock supply and management

- preparing customs and CMR documents

- liaising with accounting firm

- monitoring margins

- carrying out feasibility checks for financial plans

- scoring checks

- monitoring equipment purchasing

- tracking and managing fees

- coordinating sales agents

Human Resources:

- monitoring staff and recruitment

- managing human resources

- drawing up staff payslips

- monitoring students on work-study programmes

- managing social security and VAT returns

- controlling SAGE entries

- liaising with accounting firm

Administrative:

- sorting post

- booking plane tickets

- managing travel

- drafting meeting minutes

- organising and taking part in meetings

- preparing and presenting dossiers

- department scheduling