Cell C Employee Reviews

3,0
it a fun work place where u can grow as a person and develop a good personality and the love of assisting customers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng15 August 2019
It was good and experiencing to work at cell c and exciting as well and it givea one a opportunity to learn to work with people and to be self motivated and hungry for success so u need to be optimistic all the time and it have teached me to be a problem solver and brain storm.new ideas on how to improve cell c customers
fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 July 2019
i did call centre for the 1st three months they moved me to promenade and i was sent back to the call centre so basically i did sales and customer service.
Easy chilled and fun
Senior data Miner (Former Employee) –  Waterfall Woodmead27 June 2019
Cell is is the most amazing company that I have ever work for, I was one of the lucky ones to work for an Amazing leader that made work fun and interesting!!!
I love Cell C
Pros
Free call s and data
Cons
Multinationals doing all the work
2,0
Fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal25 June 2019
It was a wonderful experience working there. I met a lot of new people and got to learn more about myself and was trained on multiple work place issues and how to deal with them
4,0
fun place to work at enviroment
Retentions Agent (Former Employee) –  retentions24 June 2019
great enviroment and team is always vibey and has new ideas to make the office fun place to work at. The celebrations when your team has reached the targets kept us pushing extra hours without even complaining because we knew we will be smilling all the way to the bank afterwards
Pros
games
Cons
pressure
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape17 June 2019
Working for Speckpac at Edcon (Edgars) I enjoyed the staff. The Speckpac management was always helpful, so were my Cell C supervisors and the Edgars staff and management. I truly enjoyed
Pros
Bonus incentives
Cons
Ridiculous targets.
Fun place to work
Senior Health; Safety & Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng12 June 2019
Exciting workplace team effort comfortable environment
Staff reduction without compensation
Management lacks recognition of individual achievement.
Management not open to assist under performing staff
Pros
Peoples company
Cons
Long hours without reconition
1,0
Horrible work environment
Sales Representative / Call Centre (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 May 2019
I was hired to work in 2 separate shops and then to go to the call center once a week as well.

We were not given transport funds and the different stores were very far distances away.

We were then let go for not meeting the call center target which was unreasonable as we were only there 1 day a week
1,0
Not fun
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 May 2019
They are racist and mostly Manangement is Indians
Lot of admin and hours are crazy pushing sales
No vacations
No Christmas party
Salary is not good at all
Pros
Cons
Lunch only
5,0
It’s fun and there’s not that much pressure
Call Centre agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 May 2019
They allow you to grow and give you a lot of opportunities and chances. They also have contest promotions to high department .e.g Technical support and other better paying departments
Pros
Free lunch during training and work functions
Cons
The 6am shift is a bit of a problem especially during winter
Badly structured
sales consultant, store manager (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State30 April 2019
I enjoyed the sales and management positions very much, however, current management ,eaves a lot to be desired.

I found the treatment of staff bordering on the inhumane. Targets and company procedures change monthly and make it difficult to assess what the company actually wants from its staff.

No bonuses, holidays or consistent incentives. basic salary is very low for the job required, and as mentioned previously, targets were erratic. At one point the target structure changed 4 months in a row consecutively, and is structured in such a way that sales improves, but staff still see no real financial benefit.

The treatment of sales staff was terrible, and something that I battled with as a store manager. The Bloemfontein division does not take the human element into account, and I found myself burying my friend while still having to be at work by 12:00 the same day.
Pros
supplier incentives. networking. fast paced.
Cons
no real growth, and you will be diminished to company stock, rather than a person
5,0
A good company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Zebedielas Location, Limpopo30 April 2019
It is a highly politicized environment with constant fights between staff and management and you always have a fear that you will wake up one day being unemployed.
Pros
Cons
Normal retail hours
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 April 2019
Learned how to work with people from different background. the hardest part of the job is getting home after the late shift since the are no taxis to get home.
Productive and Challanging
Written Correspondnce (Former Employee) –  Gauteng Johhanesburg16 April 2019
We Closed 65 Cases everyday.

Management made sure that we write Product Assessment Test every month to up skill and refresh our Product Knowledge.

We did Survey regarding the Product and also the environment,
Productive and fun
Fibre sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Braamfontein, Gauteng26 March 2019
Culture in the workplace is fun and warm, there are incentives given regularly every week for great performance.
Customer service is exceptional and every consultant treats all customers as family.
Pros
Free lunches and incentives
Cons
Job security
5,0
A very lively place to be around when working
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng12 March 2019
Cell C is the biggest cellular network provider in South Africa with an excellent working environment and dedicated employees with good working ethics.

The company hires a good team of young and innovative people to come work for the company from different provinces of the country. While it can get hectic and very busy but the stuff is incentivized for every effort put in to encourage hard work and determination.

Cell C also provides an opportunity for growth within the company for employees that perform exceptionally well on their KPIs and performance registers
Pros
Free cellphones
Cons
No transport
work ethics
CALL CENTER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 March 2019
The work culture was very energetic and upbeat while remaining very
professional with clients outside of the business building. The management style was that of an open door policy where one could approach management for assistance.
Pros
quarterly-parties
Cons
The night shift was draining
Productive and fun
call center agent (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng3 March 2019
It is a nice company to work for as it believes in growing the staff.
The company offers nice benefits and cares for its staff’s wellness.
The salary is nice, especilly because it required no educational qualifications and your attitude is the one that determines your growth.
Pros
Working half day before you go on your off days
Cons
Working shifts
Work culture
LEARNING PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Gauteng6 February 2019
Cell c takes care of the well-being of the staff and drive customer eccentricity.Staff takes bride in the work from senior management to junior level.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Growth
Professional environment
Sales Agent / Retentions (Former Employee) –  Baccleurch5 February 2019
One of the leading Cell Phone Network in the country.They belive in training of the staff and always supporting staff with career development. It is a company that is growing everyday.
Pros
Reasonable
Cons
Shift work