CHEP Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alrode, Alberton, Gauteng7 February 2019
Treat colleagues with respect and dignity. Important part of being successful is to be willing to learn. Eagerness to better myself everyday also plays a huge role in my day to day expectations.
Pros
Lunch times
Cons
Travelling
Employee of the year
Customer Contact cordinator (Current Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng11 January 2019
Productive and fun and whole lots of opportunities CHEP is thee best place to work for and also the benefits, CHEP is also part of CSI giving back to the community
hard working
SENIOR PROCUREMENT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  WESTVILLE9 January 2019
YOU have to work really hard but rewards are also good
good social events
always treating their staff
you have t learn very quickly
no backups - cons
Fun and productive
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape9 May 2018
Work was always busy
Met many different people
Interacted with many clients
Job was demanding at times
People around me made it fun
I learned to be a part of a team
washbay
washbay (Former Employee) –  p.e12 February 2018
We work with crates for packing for PNP and spars groceries. Environment is great receive achiever for most dedicated work. There's no opportunities to grow.
Pros
Cons
12 a knight 8 a day
5,0
Very welcoming and fun workplace employees that are dedicated to the cause
Junior TEMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jet Park, Gauteng29 January 2018
A very good company to work for and I learnt to deal with clients on a daily basis.
Management is of the highest quality because your questions and queries are attended to in time.
Great Team
Maintenance Manager/HCB Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  KZN3 December 2017
CHEP is a great company to work for with great employee benefits.

Hours are long due to 24hr production schedule.

The management team is great, with all employees helping each other.
Pros
Housing
Cons
Far from major cities
Great work life balance
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Durban , South Africa18 October 2017
Compared to other multinational companies operating in South Africa , CHEP is clearly a leader and puts its employees first.

Having recently won the TOP EMPLOYER South Africa award is testimony to that.
Pros
There is a lot of positive energy in the Durban office, Everyone is happy to come to work, Management are supportive, and everyone has a platform to speak up, and let their idea's be heard, clearly taking positive steps forward with regard to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, Great focus on career development.
Cons
Lack of technology in some departments. or use of old tech.
4,0
The best company I have ever worked for
Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Abi PTA west8 August 2017
Chep is simply the best company I have ever worked for therefor I wouldn't hasitate to recommend it to others.I have a dream of being one of its management personnel soon
Pros
Working with different races
Cons
Working toooo hard for small salaries
Productive and fun workplace
Learner, human resource (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 June 2017
everyone has they own thing to do, management takes care of its people, the most enjoyable part of the job is where you get to interact with your collegues
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
there is nothing bad i can say about the company
Great place to grow
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Westville, KwaZulu-Natal15 May 2017
good working hours , flexi time , if in the corporate environment , good worklife balance , hardest part of the job is possibly the tight deadlines managers expect you to work to. Most enjoyable part of the job, is the work office environment (Westville) - such a great bunch of people.

Pro - Their is a real culture of internal development and advancement, I have seen first hand that close to half of the positions in recruitment are filled by inward promotions of existing staff. They have a strong learning and development team, and put a real focus on their people. no 2 days are the same due to the nature of the work and the business. I have been fortunate enough to go see first hand the farms, where they grow the trees, the sawmills , where they make the pallets , the service centers , where they maintain and collect the pallets and folding transportation bins etc. CHEP offers its employees great international exposure. This is truly a multinational company operating at the highest level.

Con - There is a large gap between what permanent staff earn and what contractors earn. Unfortunately their are lot of people on contracts.
2,0
we worked with cheap containers removing labels and repacking them
equipment handler (Former Employee) –  Gauteng12 January 2017
We we're working with defrent size of bens .. From small. Media and large ..and I was cleaning large and small most the time because they had most of the labels
Pros
only tea time was free
Cons
9 houer
no fun
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 February 2016
its a good company to work for but just want to learn more out there and show what I know to the organization. fabrication its one thing I learn a lot and to become qualified its most privilege
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
12hrs
Customer Service Liasion (Former Employee) –  East London, EC27 May 2015
Environment is target driven, but there is enough time in the day to build relationships with contractors and colleagues to ensure that targets are met to the satisfaction of all
Pros
Working in a large company envorinment, exposes you to different work procedures which you can you to your advantage
Cons
Limited promotional opportunities
Customer Service
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC19 February 2015
The day will always start with what happen the previous night when you left already. To work with a major clients account as VWSA was the best learning curve. They having a good and excellent management style and is very supportive. The most enjoyable part is when you work in a great team, they always bring the best out of me.
Pros
Every year going to Cape Town for a week that was great.
Cons
Long hours have come with the package, but enjoy every moment, if you love in what you doing times is no issue at all.
3,0
Salary not up to standard, excellent co-workers
Business Rep (Former Employee) –  LP18 November 2014
My day started with reading my daily mails and respond back to clients. Monday morning i did my weekly planning, client visits and new business opportunities.

I have learned to handle every person ( client) with respect and to be yourself. To help client in their every need.

Work well in a team environment and respect your co-workers.

If company could not supply equipment on time or i have to go back to client and tell them we could not supply the equipment because we do not have .

To supply a client with products that can help him grow his business.
When a client is happy you know you did your best.
5,0
une grande expérience de travail
réception (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CT7 November 2014
première expérience dans le domaine m'a appris beaucoup de choses . surtout , je appris à assister à des situations stressantes de manière autonome au travail , et les relations publiques avec le public est pas toujours facile .
Interesting environment
Regional Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC14 July 2014
This is an international company and operates in a unique fashion. I am the only auditor in the region and my manager is based in Durban. Therefore independence and discipline and required as there is no one supervising me in the region. As an auditor that conducts in-house internal audits I am not the most loved, however I always remain assertive and focus on the objective which is to add value to the organisation. Meeting deadlines is always difficult due to late submission by auditees, excessive travelling and the actual work load. In my time here I have learnt to utilise my time wisely in order to meet my deadlines. I've learnt good peoples skills and communications skills. I've also learnt more about the internal audit function and how we can work together with the business in improving controls etc. The most enjoyable part in this job is travelling, I've been to most places in South Africa and I've done audits in Botswana as well. Overall this is a great company with great leadership.
Pros
Compay car, petrol card
Cons
Extra days on overtime worked.
Good experience
Risk and Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN23 April 2014
I have learned about operational/ manufacturing business but was not fully exposed in the correct field.
3,0
it is productive and very funny, we work as a team.
foreman (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, GP25 March 2014
i learn about production in the work area as it was the first time in life working in production company.the management is very good because we have a management meeting every Monday and a safety meeting everyday, me and my co-workers have a very good working relationship, we work as a team and we understand the working environment very well. there is no hardest part of my job just because i enjoy doing my work, the most enjoyable part is that l work under a production company where l see the process of production everyday.
Pros
free tea (tea bags & sugar)