Citi Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 17 347 reviews
5,0
Fast pasted, exciting and educational.
Equities Trader (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng18 February 2020
Long hours, hard work and stressful deadlines. However learning curve is steep and worth it. Pay is decent and work culture is good. Great resources and minds that you work with.
Fun working place
Outwards Exchange Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng9 April 2019
Enjoy the teamwork at Citibank we respect and understand each other as a team, we work to execute our goal everyday, every week, every month, I also enjoy the environment.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Overtime when needed
Meritocratic
Head of Corporate Realty Services SA (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 January 2019
Great environment to work, very meritocratic. Opportunities to travel and learn on a global scale. Provides international exposure, always learning something new.
Pros
International exposure
Cons
Work long hours
5,0
Citibank is a wonderful place to work at. The culture is encouraging.
Senior Client Onboarding Analyst (Current Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng4 August 2018
The working environment is conducive, There are different ethnic groups and we are able to learn form each other. This is a Global Bank with visibility in multiple location and a rich history of over 200 years. Citi is among the Top Banks globally.
Pros
The exposure to Global Markets.
Productive and good opportunities
Learner (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng5 May 2018
I would have loved to continue working at Citi. I was a learner for a year but under an Agent. The culture was great and was given a chance to moves departments and learn new things.
Pros
Free lunches, TGIF programs, great networking opportunity
Cons
Traffic issues, sometimes long hours.
Was good
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 January 2018
Work would be project based with deadlines. I could use all the resources, people and software, to get the project done. It is then presented and changes are made before implementation.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Office
5,0
very productive. delling with international clients and national. been enjoying my work.
Office Administrator / Switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 October 2017
I've worked for this company for eight years it's been a challenging jenny full of expetiance, team work, confidential experience of a company, good security.
Pros
half of lunch is being paid by the company
Cons
from eight to five week days.
Corporate and Strict
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng2 April 2017
Exposure to African markets and working with counterparts. Being a part of the large turnover, you focus on your region only. being exposed to financial services from an international view
Good Company
Executive Assistant to Legal Division (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng31 March 2017
Citi is a very multiracial organisation. The Executive positions are filled with all races. Citi allows for lots of movement. Merits and recognition are given for good work.
Pros
Salary, further studies and lunch is catered for permanent employees
Cons
not many incentives for a contractor
overwhelming
Treasury operations (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng30 December 2016
I only worked for City bank for 1 year and about 9 months and was retrenched. I don't have much to say as I was retrenched after such a short time , was not given any time to prove myself on any level
Pros
nothing
Highly competitive
Credit Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 July 2016
They pay well and demand as much in return as would any other American organization.

Due to the nature of our departments work and living closest to the Bank and being the head of my department, I took the responsibility of going to work as and when there was a requirement to approve a transactions would could occur anywhere in the world.

This meant being on the job as and when required.

I found the most fun part of the job doing projects like implementing changes in software and training people.

My co-workers were good to work with and enjoyed the same work ethic.

I learned that when there is a transaction going on, it is usually a matter of uttermost importance to the person in another country which could mean the ruin of his business if it did not go through so i inculcated this understanding to my colleagues. That this needs to be just as important to us.

Life is not just doing a job, its enjoying what we do and understanding why we do it.

Making a job easier and more efficient for everyone who works with you, understanding their situation and letting them work in accordance with it.

Getting higher up the ladder does not mean less work, it means more responsibility.

It means adapting to change and embracing what it entails.
Pros
Housing for Habitat
Cons
Very long hours, on call 24/7
enjoyable and productive
FX Confirmation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng29 June 2016
typical day in the morning we do same day returns, then move over to T+4 trades which are crucial because they crucial as the JSE runs the reversal.
I have learned to manage time effectively and thrive under pressure.
The management style is more of an open door kind of policy
co-workers are easy to work with and strongly believe in team work \
the hardest would really be dealing with difficult customers and the pressure and risk that comes with the job
you learn a lot from different people and about the stock exchange its self
Pros
learning how to deal with pressure
Cons
working with lazy people
I regret moving to Citi
CSIS FRM - Africa (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng25 February 2016
No support from management or subordinates. Complete lack of willingness by management to train staff. Little meaningful work,not treated with respect by many.Suffered from depression & anxiety. Business was always territorial and hence nothing was accomplished. My team were rated High performers, I was rated non performer, no explanation how this was possible Worst place ever to work at!
Pros
Starting Salary was great!
Cons
Everything that ever happened was negative...
Good exeriance
Spain - Production Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CT3 February 2016
Citi is a good company to work for. Good people to work with and global reach. Check more sites and reviews to find out for yourself
4,0
Stock Plan Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CT26 January 2016
Equilibre vie professionnelle / personnelle
Salaire/Avantages sociaux
Sécurité de l'emploi/Évolution de carrière
Culture d'entreprise
Productive and challenging environment
Strategy Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP1 October 2015
Great global exposure and interaction with senior management
Poor work life balance ,restrictive growth and career advancement
Long working hours not enough meritocracy
Fast paced global environment
Cluster Planning & Analysis Officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GP24 August 2015
I am currently the SSA (Sub-Sahara Africa) Cluster Planning & Analysis Officer at Citibank.

The role involves engaging with stakeholder across SSA and liaising with global counterparts to understanding the internal and external drivers of business performance with the view to share and create clarity on SSA specific issues with the global partners.

The continuing analysis also allows me to share valuable insights which aid the Planning / budgeting process. I would now like to be part of business and drive performance from within the business and not just as a finance business partner.

I have learned the following amongst other things:

1) Manage expectations / relationships and to be able to interact with business partners from different parts of the world / cultures.

2) Supervise junior staff with the view to drive productivity while helping them develop their skills / careers.

3) Liaise with senior members of the organisation.

The challenges in my role include:

1) Managing expectations vs. team productivity.

2) Constantly finding ways to add value to clients.

3) Managing work / life balance

My job is ever changing and allows room to constantly learn and understand different parts of the business.
Pros
Continuous changing environment and global exposure
Cons
Very long hours
Review
Payroll (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 August 2014
Bulk processing of invoice payments for HR
Payroll administration

Not much room for growth
A lot of red tape regrding certain processes
Pros
Perm employees treated well
Cons
No job stability or investment in contract staff
4,0
Global and broadens your horizons
Head of Public Affairs: Sub Sahara Africa (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP12 March 2014
Enjoyable working with people from different countries and cultures. Truly a global experience
Pros
Access to best in class knowledge and experience
Cons
Time difference between countries
5,0
International environement, nice work place
Cash Flow Controller - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CT29 January 2014
The workplace was nice to work in, international environement, management open and available, good company culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9