City of Cape Town

City of Cape Town Employee Reviews

Work and fun is mixed
I have learned how to fit in a work place, how to do work properly and management nice and friendly and they are able to solve problems in the work place.
Pros
Free coffee, Sugers, And soup both powder and bar
Cons
No long hours if long hours overtime is paid
1,0
No growth
The city of Capetown should take a hard look at who or what kind of people gets promotion.people with depression gets no help .. instead firing them via disciplinary hearing.co ordinators are puppets like the AO1
Pros
There are none ..
Cons
Trust nobody
Focused and Good attention to Detail
The job was intriguing in that it introduced me to a totally different system which involved checking on the clients payment status and provide necessary advise in instances where payments delays.
stressful
this was a job the required you to go door to door to homes and having too inspect their toilets and pipelines. this was hectic as it was dangerous to enter the homes of strangers.
5,0
Very good experience and learned alot.
Enjoy working within a team and dealing with various personalities. Learned alot. The team leader very helpful and respectable. Some clients are respectable and others not but I know how to adapt and respond to irrate clients.
I recommend City of Cape Town
It was nice working at city of Cape town ,even though I worked for a short period of time but I managed to gain experience. I was doing filling, capturing and even assisting to the training.
5,0
Informative and great working environment
It was a very relaxed environment, not too much work. I seemed to finish everything I needed to do very fast because I didn't wait for work to pile up. Anything that needed to be filed, scanned, copied or typed or signed I did or had it done it immediately. The challenging part was when I assisted the Senior Clerk with numbers to balance the order for Enviroserve. I enjoyed my work there totally.
Administrative
Support service to the Ward Councillor
Telephone inquiries

Assisting the community with advice

Attending meetings

Administrative support to councillor

Liaise with Sub council offices
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Cape Town?
1,0
it is fun working place with positive people arround
I have no words as I worked for 6month and the contract ended and i have been waiting for almost 3 full years with no luck. but it does not mean I have given up.
counting homeless people
They are so kind honest understanding helpfully all times.ilearn to be a tearm worker learn more building relationship with new people everyday atbwork
Enjoyable Working Environment
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK AS A SENIOR LIFEGUARD

Always a busy day, as the environment is always busy.

I've learned to be extremely vigilant and expect the worst in the calmest of situations.

Supervising a team takes motivation, commitment, open-mindedness, respect, team-work and communication. The management team I worked with, was great. Trust built and always willing to teach those prepared to learn.

Mix culture, with respect for each other.

Crowd control - disliked it... Having to tell people, that we've reached our facility capacity and knowing that all they are wanting to do, is enjoy their day with family or friends.. However, I wouldn't risk the lives of others, nor put extra stress and pressure on my team.

Having a team that can communicate and interact with one another on all levels, including openness and honesty is wonderful.. It was one of my main reasons for getting up in the morning...

It all starts with you in the morning: positive mindset, briefing, expectations from them and yourself for the day ahead and motivation..
Great company
It's a great company to work for but they don't give benefits to they employees they also don't renew they contracts with people who have worked there longer
5,0
I love working with the permanent people there , they are kind
We work as a team . Helping with cleaning with my colleagues . Enjoy working with them . There are so passionate with people. They know how to treat people the managers are nice also
Contract basis
Great ambiance.
No opportunity to be made permanent .

Experience was great, with clients and employees.

Management give you space and allows you to great opportunities with extra trainings
Fun work place
Great work culture. Work ethic suitable.Learnt how to work in a group.Enjoyed working with kids.Hardest part was ,none. Great management.There was lots of team work.Learnt alot from working with the kids.
4,0
Nice people to work with
It was a nice environment to work in, people were very friendly and always willing to help when assistance was needed, out of all the places I worked management rated the top out of all.
I was very pleased to haved worked there and would like to go back.
5,0
To work for City of cape town is very fun and also challenging .you learn a lot .
Warm welcome ,friendly people . They have team talk maybe after 3 months held in place where workers able to enjoy themselves ,talk about work relationship.
Pros
nothing free at city
Cons
Working hours are very convient
City of cape Town
Well worth the time spent and very educational just slow with advancement but cannot complain about work assurance as the city would work for you. Work hard and reap the rewards
City of cape town
I enjoy working at city of cape town, they are very supportive in my department, even if you dont understand something they will help you.
I can say love what you do first so that your job wont give you any problem.
A typical day at work
Receiving of incoming calls, City of Cape town empowered my personal and professional capacity. Eskom's persisting power cuts make workload unbearable.
Pros
Good atmosphere makes great teamwork.
Cons
Employees disrespect Management, and don’t follow orders.
Relaxed and challanging
It will be a dream come true to work for the city of cape town and is a good platform for me to sharpen my skills as an Electrical Technician as I have a National Diploma in Electrical engineering.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Cape Town. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9