Clicks Group Limited Employee Reviews

Great environment to work under
shop assistant cashier (Former Employee) –  Pretoria kollonade1 July 2018
I enjoyed when I talked to customers especially since I knew how to change someone's mood from bad to good and also to make someone's day great.
I loved the customers who corporate with me well.
Pros
Staff card descount
Cons
corporate culture with high demands
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng18 April 2018
loads of admin and not enough staff , with managers not being pharmacist / pharmacy experience creates a difficult working idea . expectations very high , I did learn a lot about admin / spreadsheets and business drivers ..... not always possible to reach their expectation and still be professional / ethical .
Pros
listed corporate, benefits
Cons
very long hours
Friendly invironment and everybody open to suhgestions
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arcadia pretiria2 March 2018
Never to risk a sale and always take step further to make a customers very happy.always take any comment seriously. Be able to make sure that stock visibility is followed.
Pros
N\a
Cons
Always make sure i leave my work space setisfied with my work
Stay away at all costs
Manger (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2018
This company is fraught with politics and career enhancement is subject to who to know and and how much morals you ate willing to sacrifice.

This business does not care about its people and at times, more often than not will discard of you like receipt from shoprite. They have no shame and everyone wants to leave. The political landscape is demoralizing. You are hired to do as you are told and your opinion does not matter.

Salaries are below benchmarks and they use their maeket position ro impose that on you. Dis chem is a much better option. Race also determines salaries.

People with their own personal agendas will hang you out to dry if and when it suits them.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Management, culture. Everything else
Potential to grow within the company and good organisational structure
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng13 February 2018
Its a nice company to work in with conducive working environment, company policies doesn't oppress employees very much, you can also grow within the company and apply for positions at the pharmacy within selected stores.
Pros
Salary is okay, free lunch, nice uniform and monthly bonuses.
Cons
Working on Sundays and public holidays
Sobering work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng13 February 2018
I enjoyed helping customers choosing the right products for their needs and showing them different brands on stock. It was a challenging job but fun and exciting good work experience.
Pros
Employee discounts
cashier (Former Employee) –  Jeffreys Bay, Eastern Cape12 February 2018
i learned a lot there, i was doing a bit of accounting, was also in the shop as well, i worked in the beauty side as well, i gained a lot of experience there
Innovative and exciting opportunity
Clinic sister (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng10 February 2018
The store management was awesome. I only had problems with HR. I think it is a nice place to work and grow as a person and find your feet. After finding yourself, it's your choice is you grow with the Company or grow elsewhere.
Pros
No night duty or extended hours
Cons
It may get too busy you miss lunch
Productive and slot of fun.
shop assistant cashier (Former Employee) –  Piketberg, Western Cape8 February 2018
I had a blast working with the group. The people I worked with became my family. Working with them was pure bliss. The codes in the group were strict and disciplined. Everything were always kept neat. Being part of that and meeting all kinds of people made the hard work worth the effort.
Pros
Permanent
Cons
Great hours
helpful nd interesting
Storeroom manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 February 2018
I am expecting to work productive with other employees nd management to strive for the same goal of the company. Always deliver as expected and being panctual is essential.
Pros
free launch
Productive and energetic
Relieve store manager (Current Employee) –  Fish Hoek, Western Cape1 February 2018
Typical day at work would consist of staff coaching, spending time with individuals.

Learning is ongoing while managing people.

Management could work towards being one sound, and one mind in order to assist individuals who struggles with self development and identify own shortfalls requiring coaching.

Maintaining a work place culture should be every team members responsibility and not just the manager. This is possible through consistent IR processes followed fairly and needs identified from individuals taken seriously and passionately.

The hardest part of managing is not being respected by top management. Potential not recognised and efforts not valued. Lack of trust being final.

The best part is planning together, executing together and reaping success together as a team.
Pros
Short week end hours
Cons
Limited family time
work culture
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, Western Cape29 January 2018
- Managers and EE's interact on a daily basis. The company has an open plan workstation setup so that EE's can feel free to interact with one another.

- I have learned how to deal with difficult situations and with the guidance of my managers (who is always willing to help) quickly resolved these issuses.
Pros
flexible working time
Cons
dealing with unhappy EE's
Its ok to work that company
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng13 January 2018
I arrive at my work click in and straight away there is people to help and on the other hand there is a lot of admin to be done and I have learned to deal with different people and cultures the hardest part of doing my job there is a lot to do and there is few of us so I cant do my my job to the best of my ability and the enjoyable part of it is that customers are friendly some of them
Fun environment
general worker (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape14 November 2017
Working at clicks was my first job I loved but management was not much help after my first boss I enjoyed working for clicks there was a lot that u can accomplish and the staff was amazing.
Pros
Great staff
Productive and Fun workplace
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 November 2017
A typical day at work consisted of various social interactions with people from all backgrounds. I learned that everyone has something that they are passionate about and with hard work it is possible to achieve it. There was equal distribution of tasks and equity across all fronts. The most difficult part of the job was stocktaking, however it was also the most enjoyable as it taught me how to categorize things efficiently, and also taught me patience.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
Nice workplace.
Student pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, Eastern Cape22 October 2017
As a student there was a lot that I had to learn. Initially when I started working there I was very unsure of what to do and how to do things but working within such a environment where the staff members were friendly and always ready to help assisted me in overcoming my fears.
Pros
Great people to work with
Productive workplace
pharmacist assistant post basic (Current Employee) –  Melkbosstrand, Western Cape19 October 2017
We do work under a lot of pressure some days, but I enjoy working for the company. I have learned a lot from them, and found my strenghts and weaknesses. I believe that I will be able to well in any clicks branch, given the oppertunity.
Pros
Staff discount on products
Fun workplace
shop assistant cashier (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal10 October 2017
Fun work place,with the best customers service and clicks customers are the best priority, customers are treated with respect,clicks knows how to handle their customers and staff as well ,we are well trained on keeping our customers happy.
Cons
Longhours
fun place, always new challenges
Trainee Manager (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 September 2017
Working here is what you make of it. The company is wonderful but people can be quite nasty. The company values makes the place enjoyable to work at...
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Long retail hours
great working conduct
reachtruck driver (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 September 2017
Clicks is a fun working place, you learn new skills everyday colleagues and employers are friendly easy to talk to, the management door is always open
Pros
their cantin is affordable
Cons
the hours is manageable