Clicks Group Limited Employee Reviews

A fast paced retail environment
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, South Africa12 October 2018
Working at Clicks was a very positive experience - dedicated individuals, brilliant brand, lots of interesting opportunities to work with different, highly skilled and driven individuals from various business areas, and I learned a lot.
Pros
Great culture and lots of retail discount opportunities
Cons
Resources were stretched very thin
good experience
shop assistant cashier (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng11 October 2018
to pack stock,cash handing.communication with different people and providing good customer service again to dealing/handling difficulties in workplace
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
after 6
Best place to work
SAC (Current Employee) –  Clicks Hermanus25 September 2018
Everyone is nice they have good standard s and values, To me I had quite an amazing experience almost everyday it fills like home. Like any other company they strive to be the best.
Benefits
Cons
Criteria
Highly productive
Healthcare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng31 August 2018
The company has a great workforce determined to execute daily duties to ensure productivity overall.

The company also offers fair market remuneration
Pros
Learning and Development
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Fun workplace
Store Assitant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 August 2018
Its nice working there assisting customers was the best thing I enjoyed doing mostly and I felt nice making customers shopping simpler always available
Pros
One hour lunch only
Cons
Normal hours
Clicks is a great group where by if you are willing to learn the co-worker are there to assist
receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 July 2018
Working for the clicks group I have learned how to deal with different customers providing a good customer service avoiding losses and reach the monthly target
Pros
Christmas party allowances
Cons
Achieve monthly budget
Corporate Environment
Primary Health Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng25 July 2018
Running the clinic was at my own judgement and pace. Enjoyed to be more independent and preform well. I learnt a lot about Retail Pharmacy Management and sales.
Difficult culture to become a part of so I had to work really hard to become part of the group.
Hardest was to work within strict confines of corporate structure and a high budget.
Pros
Work as Independent RN using own skills
Cons
Worked every day
Asset to your company
shop assistant cashier (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 July 2018
Clicks is a well known& customer service company.They have pension fund and from next year 2019 they will provide free medical aid to their employees.
Pros
Free medical aid
Cons
No growth
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 July 2018
Clicks is a company that will always give you opportunities, all you have to do is to prove yourself because you are the only one that can take yourself to where you want to be in the company.
organised and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 July 2018
Salaries are lower than the market norm, some departments have a relatively flat organogram which makes promotion to a higher position difficult if the incumbent has no plans to leave. Too much bureacratic red tape involved to approve and clear budget for opex/capex spend on projects. Heavy focus on cost cutting = short term gains, but defers problems that will manifest in the long term and require greater funds and …
Pros
well constructed
Cons
no employee compassion
Great environment to work under
shop assistant cashier (Former Employee) –  Pretoria kollonade1 July 2018
I enjoyed when I talked to customers especially since I knew how to change someone's mood from bad to good and also to make someone's day great.
I loved the customers who corporate with me well.
Pros
Staff card descount
Cons
corporate culture with high demands
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng18 April 2018
loads of admin and not enough staff , with managers not being pharmacist / pharmacy experience creates a difficult working idea . expectations very high , I did learn a lot about admin / spreadsheets and business drivers ..... not always possible to reach their expectation and still be professional / ethical .
Pros
listed corporate, benefits
Cons
very long hours
Friendly invironment and everybody open to suhgestions
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arcadia pretiria2 March 2018
Never to risk a sale and always take step further to make a customers very happy.always take any comment seriously. Be able to make sure that stock visibility is followed.
Pros
N\a
Cons
Always make sure i leave my work space setisfied with my work
Stay away at all costs
Manger (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2018
This company is fraught with politics and career enhancement is subject to who to know and and how much morals you ate willing to sacrifice.

This business does not care about its people and at times, more often than not will discard of you like receipt from shoprite. They have no shame and everyone wants to leave. The political landscape is demoralizing. You are hired to do as you are told and your opinion does not matter.

Salaries are below benchmarks and they use their maeket position ro impose that on you. Dis chem is a much better option. Race also determines salaries.

People with their own personal agendas will hang you out to dry if and when it suits them.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Management, culture. Everything else
Potential to grow within the company and good organisational structure
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng13 February 2018
Its a nice company to work in with conducive working environment, company policies doesn't oppress employees very much, you can also grow within the company and apply for positions at the pharmacy within selected stores.
Pros
Salary is okay, free lunch, nice uniform and monthly bonuses.
Cons
Working on Sundays and public holidays
Sobering work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng13 February 2018
I enjoyed helping customers choosing the right products for their needs and showing them different brands on stock. It was a challenging job but fun and exciting good work experience.
Pros
Employee discounts
cashier (Former Employee) –  Jeffreys Bay, Eastern Cape12 February 2018
i learned a lot there, i was doing a bit of accounting, was also in the shop as well, i worked in the beauty side as well, i gained a lot of experience there
Innovative and exciting opportunity
Clinic sister (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng10 February 2018
The store management was awesome. I only had problems with HR. I think it is a nice place to work and grow as a person and find your feet. After finding yourself, it's your choice is you grow with the Company or grow elsewhere.
Pros
No night duty or extended hours
Cons
It may get too busy you miss lunch
Productive and slot of fun.
shop assistant cashier (Former Employee) –  Piketberg, Western Cape8 February 2018
I had a blast working with the group. The people I worked with became my family. Working with them was pure bliss. The codes in the group were strict and disciplined. Everything were always kept neat. Being part of that and meeting all kinds of people made the hard work worth the effort.
Pros
Permanent
Cons
Great hours
helpful nd interesting
Storeroom manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 February 2018
I am expecting to work productive with other employees nd management to strive for the same goal of the company. Always deliver as expected and being panctual is essential.
Pros
free launch