Clicks Group Limited Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

productive
Finance reconciliation clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 June 2019
great place to gain work experience from. get exposed to many things in the business. communicate with different stakeholders. offered opportunities to handle big accounts.
Pros
sale clearance at Head office
Cons
work load
4,0
Productive and fun work place but am definetly looking for more experience
cashier and sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 May 2019
Gain more experience regarding customer service I was able to train n be a service advisor other than the money everything else is okay..they try and treat people equally but the management sometimes can't balance colleagues they treat them differently some are quite friendly with them n some they very strict ...To make things better they should always treat people equally no matter the race
Pros
When we win an cheque from head office we get free lunches
Cons
Long hours n not balancing between work n friends from managememt
Graduate Trainee (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 October 2018
I am a Graduate Trainee at Clicks, my rotation was in store, then went to the head office for Merchandising rotation and now i am in the Planning Dept
Pros
it is a monday friday job
5,0
A fast paced retail environment
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, South Africa12 October 2018
Working at Clicks was a very positive experience - dedicated individuals, brilliant brand, lots of interesting opportunities to work with different, highly skilled and driven individuals from various business areas, and I learned a lot.
Pros
Great culture and lots of retail discount opportunities
Cons
Resources were stretched very thin
Asset to your company
shop assistant cashier (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 July 2018
Clicks is a well known& customer service company.They have pension fund and from next year 2019 they will provide free medical aid to their employees.
Pros
Free medical aid
Cons
No growth
great working conduct
reachtruck driver (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 September 2017
Clicks is a fun working place, you learn new skills everyday colleagues and employers are friendly easy to talk to, the management door is always open
Pros
their cantin is affordable
Cons
the hours is manageable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 July 2017
Very busy day bit i have learned a lot and when i left i was qualified to work in all areas in the shop. the management were fair and competant, The culture was great and very diversed,working the long hour and the travelling was the hardest for me.the people i work with was the greatest.
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours, travelling
3,0
the effort u put in is not worth the salary u recieve although the perks are good the salary is not worth it
shop assistant cashier (Former Employee) –  Western Cape,cape town westgate mall12 May 2017
Shop assistance cashier's get paid to little salary the perks are good and the working environment is great but we earn to little money which is not worth the amount of time and effort we put in.
2,0
Pressure is too much at times
IT Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town24 April 2017
Interesting company to work for however the pressure of management is sometimes unnecessary. Perception is used instead of facts. Appreciation is often not shown
Pros
Discounts on products per brnad
Cons
To much work per profile
shop assistant cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 April 2017
Clicks is a very good company to work for its just that im not happy working here.
They have good benifits at clicks its just that they pay there staff less than what they say in there contracts and they also cant keep there promise on what they give too there staff they also dont give you a basic salary .
Pros
Lunch for a hour
Cons
Hours is very long also never get off on weekends
2,0
Productive and Helpful
cashier/shop assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape-Cape Gate2 January 2017
If work needs to be done there is no stopping until it is properly done. Where ever help is needed it is given. Friendly collegues that are willing to help you if you need it.
Pros
Work Transport
Great Company
it technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 December 2015
Great company to work for. Very stable job security. Management is very flexible and understanding. Very little work home balance but not a big problem. Salary is highly competitive. Little investment in people though but the company offers great benefits. Awesome colleagues and although a large corporate company very much a family atmosphere. Would go back any time.
Pros
Flexible management team. Friendly working environment
Cons
Working weekends and public holidays
Work Day
Fleet Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC13 May 2015
Enjoyed it from the moment that I got to work
Everything about running a fleet, from purchasing the vehicle, looking after the vehicle, and selling the vehicle at the end of the life span.
Trying to please everyone
everything
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
5,0
Allow staff to be happy and they are then more productive
store manager (Current Employee) –  cape town9 May 2015
I have been working for clicks for 15 years now an its been a roller coaster ride. Being a manager in this fantastic company makes me feel so proud to be part of this expanding company. We are all about our people. Its not always fun an games but we make the best of every circumstance an make the best of it day by day. I'm happy an satisfied with who I am at Clicks. You need to make yourself happy an it will always start an end with you. Go to work to learn an apply what you have learned to get to the next level. You must make sacrifices to climb any ladder in the working world.
Pros
stability
Cons
Unsurities
4,0
Clicks is a place of learning and development
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC15 August 2014
My day is made up of , data nalysis, business processes review and development and a lot of stakeholder engagements
I have learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry
I report to a very supportive manager who encourages self development
The job sometimes becomes challenging because we work with systems that do not talk directly to each other
I enjoy the creativity that the job allows
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Trying to correct historical mistakes