Coega Development Corporation Employee Reviews

5,0
Was learning things like pipe fitting
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape29 November 2019
Was nice working there they took as a storeman though I think I was hired as a welder cause that's what I apply for but I did not speak cause was great full for the work i never received any bonus or holiday pay after speaking out they never phone me to come back
5,0
It was nice working there I had a great time with everyone who were my colleagues
Facilities call centre Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape22 November 2019
The most thing I liked about this company it's their good company reputation, The work they are doing to the Youth Graduates. They give them a chance to get as much experience as they can. They equip them with working industry as a whole and also they are develop their careers with driving skills.
Work Balance
Legal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape16 October 2019
The work balance must be improved, the work is demanding and you have to work long hours.
There are interesting projects if you are interested in project management and Construction.

There are opportunities for young professionals.

There are endless opportunities in project management
5,0
As a trainee / Learner I won't say much bt being in the electrical apprentice at Coega has been an honor .
I have nothing much to say as A Trainee / Learner but the culture there is fine and also the environment itself . Electrical Facilitators there are the best I am honored to be coached by them in the electrical trade . I have learned a lot from them .They always thought me that safety comes first .
Productive and Challenging place
Senior Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng26 May 2019
A typical day at work involves creating and updating As - Is process maps and procedure for the Department of Public Works; setting up sessions for Workshops to solicit requirements from the client representatives
Furthermore, the work involved analysing the client's strategy, the KPIs to ensure that the To Be processes were aligned and supported the strategy fully.
The hardest part about this job W the activity of building previously severed relationships with the client. And the most enjoyable part of the job was when the client was finally happy with the product.
Pros
Closure during December Holidays
Cons
Long Hours
A good workplace to be
Clerk of Works (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape26 March 2019
Coega development corporation is a very innovative company. There is not a single day when I would feel like I should not have joined the company. I learned that we should quit from treating bosses as enemies, let our bosses or superiors be our friends for the is no way that one should cooperate successfully with someone that she / he has no close and healthy working relationship with. Pertaining to the firms management I consider their way of operation excellent in various ways. The most challenging part of the job is when you ought to take decisions about a certain matter. The most enjoyable part was that the job ushers you closer to your career goals for you deal with matters that need one to brainstorm before agreeing or disagreeing with anything put on the table.
Cons
working away from residence for days and even for weeks.
5,0
it is so interesting to work there
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mqanduli, Eastern Cape6 March 2019
It took all my concentration as it was my first time to be on a newly built structure from the leveling phase. i had a lot of courage from my colleagues as we were working together. we had a great management which was so approachable in many ways. sometimes we had to work alone without laborers due to local problems.
Pros
especially when we having site meetings
Cons
we we behind the working schedule, so we had to work long hours
3,0
Very productive company to be in
FINANCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 January 2019
The good part is you had to meeet new people and be a team player.also you must willing to work over time if required by the company. and be a team player
Pros
free meals
Cons
more overtime hours
5,0
work with your ideas, create your own working plan
driving instructor (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal18 January 2019
I will like to work freely, I would like to work under pressure from work, not to feel pressure from the supervisor or the manager. I'm will to give all my time on my job.
Pros
free hour of lunch
Productive place
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape14 January 2019
Big organization and good company to become a hardworking employee. Management can get better but overall I have learnt a lot and I have a deeper understanding of what is required of me in the workplace as opposed to the theory you learn at a university.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Salary
2,0
Terrible to work there
SHEQ Unit Head (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth30 May 2018
Soul sucking & depressing. Everyone is concerned with climbing to the top, not caring who they have to back-stab to get there.

Run like a dictatorship.
5,0
productive and nice work place
Temporary Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape9 January 2018
It is great for working for this company and also employees and management is friendly and they working as a team, also willing to train staff at all times when starting at the Company.
Productive and fun
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Durban4 December 2017
Vetting of payments before submitting to my mentor, ensuring that labour report is submitted, working with supply chain ( selling tender documents and receiving tender documents on closing date),attending monitoring meetings with my mentor and ensuring that the filing was intact for audit purposes.
Pros
Free lunches/breakfast/Dinner some times
Cons
Long hours if there was going to be an audit
3,0
Great company to work for
The Coega Development Corporation is a great company to work for. Independence allow one to complete tasks is aplenty and the company invests in its staff. Besides being a government agency productivity is important and stakeholder management and receives the attention it deserves.
Pros
Education, managment support, cultire, performancw driven.
Cons
Not forgiving, communication, self promotion
Challenging and exciting
SHE Manager (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape29 May 2017
Good place to work, salary good, skill management and open communication can be improved . Too much travelling but good experience gained at different projects.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too much travelling
4,0
Learnt a great deal here
Procurement personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape2 May 2017
There was no time for lazying around, making calls, preparing for meetings, sending invites, do travel arrangements etc
A very professional environment, liased with different people
Always helpful co workers who gave off their best and made me feel welcome.
The hardest was doing submissions in a short space of time and having to work extra hours for them to be prepared.
Pros
Communication skills were sharpend
Cons
no space for mistakes, you were frowned upon
4,0
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Eastern Cape26 April 2017
It is one of the best companies to work for, they know how to take care of their employees. There is room for growth. I moved from being an Assistant Quality Assurance Manager to being a Manager in the 2 1/2 years I have been working with them.
congenial workplace
Personal Assistant to CIO (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape10 March 2017
Hectic/busy environment with daily deadlines.

Sense of urgency, getting things done on time, and ability to think out of the box.

Always follow up
Pros
bonuses
Cons
overworked
Productive place
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eastern Cape13 February 2017
Busy with projects and administrative duties. Hardest part is were we have to seek information on our service providers since they are not complying with the requirements such when submitting payment certificate without Vat vendor.
Pros
Knowledge about current duties
Productive and Fun
Fleet Controller (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape13 February 2017
Typical day - I have not had one yet.
I learnt time management.
Management is fine.
The hardest part is not getting salary increase and bonus because I'm on contract so I do not have any benefits..
I enjoy every moment
Pros
Cons
All is good