Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1 711 reviews
Productive and vibrant
Finance Graduate Trainee (Former Employee) –  ZA9 November 2018
Youngs teams that are energetic and very knowledgeable, its a great place to work as a graduate looking to start out their career. Management is supportive and guide new entrants within the workplace. the office culture is very collaborative and supportive towards end goals .
Pros
Product activations
4,0
Great working environment with challenging objectives.
SAP Manufacturing Lead/ Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  SA4 October 2018
A typical day started with reviewing first the urgent issues with all internal stake holders as well as any urgent external customer requirements. Attend Sales and Operations Planning meetings with Senior Management and also review internally within the department any issues related to procurement and supplier management. Managing a full blown SAP implementation as a Manufacturing Lead for 3 sites and also be responsible for the Planning and Procurement functions of the CP Plant at Dammam was a huge challenge that lasted for two long years.
Pros
Challenging and at the same time engrossing work, very friendly and accessible colleagues and senior management, great food in Canteen, enjoyable after office ping pong matches
Cons
Pay scale differences between local and international hires, No career plan for local hires.
No prospects
Supply network planner (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng2 October 2018
Cogate a good company but with little prospects and Midland too far to travel. Loved the people I worked with and loved the job I did. It was sad to be retrenched
Great Work Life Balance
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng24 April 2018
Great company to work for take on lots of graduates. Behind slightly on digital adaption but PAN Africa experience available. Core Project and Brand Management skills
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Slow Career Progression
5,0
Assistant Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Middle East previously Johannesburg19 April 2018
Its a fun place to work. Very challenging in a good way. There are plenty opportunities to grow and to travel abroad. If one is focus and know what they want to become they have the opportunity to be that in this company
Pros
Career development. Opportunity to go work abroad
Cons
Long hours, it comes with the territory
Friendly working Environment
Accounts Receivable Annalyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 November 2017
A hardworking and goal driven Accounting/Finance Graduate, seeking a more challenging opportunity to acquire new skills and develop existing ones. I have the ability to work in a team and am looking to contribute my knowledge and skills to an organization willing to invest its resources in me.
Pros
Good people
Cons
non
Orders Processing and Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 October 2017
My typical day, was basically the same everyday nothing more or less, however it was a good experience working there at the time, the people and management are all good people and they have also an open office policy which is great and they give you all the training and tools to make your work comfortable and easy for you. The hardest part of my job was that I had to travel and getting up very early to get to work, but it was worth the trip, because I did enjoy my work and the people I worked with was amazing and always available if you need assistance
Pros
Company was to far
Cons
Long hours traveling
Junior
Trainee Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng1 September 2017
Electrical and Mechanical (repair & maintenance).

Operate relevant equipment within recommended parameters to produce the specified product.

Complete Non-conformance reports and participate in associated remedial and corrective actions.

Operate all production equipment and associated plant in a safe and efficient manner.

Perform autonomous maintenance activities as per TPM requirements and any preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled. Maintain proper standards of housekeeping.

Perform all assigned duties in accordance with safety procedures and policy.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
difficult working hours
People oriented
Brand Activation and Shopper Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 June 2017
People-focused culture and environment
Learning and development is important part of culture
Professionalism and integrity is important part of the culture
4,0
Challenging and Fun to work at
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng2 June 2017
Colgate-Palmolive is a great place to work.
There are nice people to work with who assist you best they can.
Colgate has a good reward plan.
The company also offers low prices on their products. Their staff sales idea is excellent.,
Pros
Staff Sales
Learning Environment
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng31 October 2016
Quick learning environment and friendly people. Low pay and lack of transparency in advancement and what it takes to advance. High expectations and no clear job role.
Pros
Shower in the building
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and fun
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng8 February 2016
It was a very nice and productive environment to work in,so much to learn.Management style encourages grow.
Deadline is primalry goal when it comes to AP,all invoices had to be processed on time to avoid late payment,to much invoices to process in a day.
Pros
Cons
Long distance for me
productive friendly workplace
Accounts PayableSupervisor (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, GP14 December 2015
CPSA is a very good family orientated company. The culture is very relaxed. Start your day knowing your responsibilities, No one is micro managed. Management have an open door policy. everyone is important no matter what your job
Pros
subsidised canteen, flexi hours good benefits
Cons
long hours as per normal at month end, year end
5,0
Productive and ergonomical workplace.
Fitter and Turner (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal (Canelands Divsion).9 November 2015
Everyday is a challenge, you pick up different types problem but minor and sometimes can be very tricky to solve, you have to use your own skills to fault find and solve. I have learnt of timing positions and how to set them. Experience was past on to co-workers.When everything comes together first time.
Pros
Free lunches, gift hampers, family day, production incentives.
Cons
Minimal overtime.
Great Company
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Verulam, ZN29 October 2015
My day starts with confirming appointments with schools I'll be visiting, then take my Dental Mobile unit to see the learners, by the time I leave they are smiling after having received their new Toothbrush.
Pros
Hours are convenient
Cons
job security
5,0
It was hard work and fun at the same time.
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, GP10 November 2014
One day as I was about to go to lunch. One operator blocked the vacuum line, I then had to council lunch and attend to his problem because the batch would be wasted . Then I got my tools, applied safety measures and began unblocking the the line.I reassembled the line and opened vacuum. Then I learned that before the operator could open vacuum, he should make sure he has added flour in the batch. The hardest part of my job was overhauling the pumps. The parts were very heavy to carry. Training people that came from trainrite for their practicals was one thing I enjoyed very much.
Pros
We would get a free lunch if we got our batches on target.
Cons
If the demand was high we were asked to work on weekends
Productive and Challenging Work Environment
Budget & Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, GP15 October 2014
There are new challenges at work every day (which I enjoy) due to the division I work for. I am constantly learning about the East West Africa regions.

We work together extremely well as a team.

The hardest part of my job is managing the challenges that I face on a daily basis but this is also my most enjoyable part.
Excellent working enviroment
Teamleader (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN9 September 2014
I manage an entire shift crew and act as production manager on evening and late shifts. I have gained vast skills and knowledge while working for an international company. I control, plan and manage staff according to business needs, I always lead by example in EOHS and Quality issues.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shift work
Consistent Market Leader in Toothpaste & Fabric Care Category
Marketing and Customer Development Trainee (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP6 May 2014
A typical day at Colgate included meetings, onsite or offsite with internal stakeholders such as: Finance, CS&l and Packaging and External Stakeholders such as Advertising agencies etc.

I interacted with my manager through scheduled weekly status update meetings to update the senior brand Manager about my project.

The co-workers are friendly and open.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the product launches, seeing all the hard work come alive.

The hardest will have to be managing work-life balance
Pros
Exposure to international Segments
Cons
A lot of Red Tape since its an International company
4,0
A work Culture and values that will help a person grow not just in work experience but as an individual.
Marketing Rotation (Current Employee) –  South Africa11 April 2014
Workingas an assistant brand manager is not only tough but also fun and exciting.Always different work waiting for you. Building relationships with customers is a daily strife as wel as brand building.Cross functional teamwork is very important and I really enjoy working with people who are not just form different back grounds but also think differently.The Hardest part of the job is to make sure a projct is fullfilled successfully.
Pros
work benefits
Cons
non friendly work colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colgate-Palmolive. Our community is ready to answer.

4,3