Community Media Trust Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
fun
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng6 February 2018
Have a good top management structure and support however they don't have way to monitor what they want to see happens in the lower ranks of management
meeting people and teaching them a healthy life style
driver code 14 (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 November 2017
I have never had a day at work, where there's one person having problems with the other.

Got to CMT as a driver, and I was given a chance to be facilitator

Was blessed to work at such a friendly place

Not planning for the next day, getting to work and find out that the schedule for the day has changed

colleagues
Cons
8 hours
I enjoyed my job
Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga16 August 2017
It was a good work,it was a contract.I really enjoyed working with community,I learned more about working with people, I got pregnant on 2014 and got eresed from the contract, the contract said if u are absent for 30day u will be dismissed, by that I lost my contract job.
Pros
Any
Cons
We were allowed to have debriefing sessions,annual capacity building,
Provincial Outreach field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN27 November 2013
It was fun working for Community Media Trust however, one was always worried about their job security as we were often informed that funding was a challenge. Management was amazing, transparent and easy to talk to. There were a few benefits but not the most important ones like medical aid and provident fund.
Pros
We did receive free lunch at the office during office hours, meetings. We even received money during the year end office closure
Cons
Sometimes we worked away from home, conducting trainings. We were working unusual hours.
Work
Post Production Cordinator/Offline Editor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC19 September 2013
Typical 9 to 5 reporting to supervisors and managers. Staff are friendly but some of the managers tend to be temperamental. No benefits and the salary is not good. They expect a lot from their employees.
a workplace for the determined individual.
Community Journalist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC31 May 2013
Community Media Trust affords one the opportunity to learn all aspects of the media and television broadcast spectrum.

As an NGO it has its own set of unique challenges such as keeping funders on board and getting big broadcasters like the SABC interested.

A typical workday would include research and writing scripts for an upcoming documentary shoot. If I wasn't out shooting on location I would be at my desk writing an article or on the field interviewing subjects and officials.

On other days I would be involved in the post- production process after shoots.

My co-workers were, for the most part, people I enjoyed working with and I was fortunate enough to learn at the feet of some of the best editors and producers in the industry.

Pros
Exposure to television broadcasting
Cons
working for a very low stipend
This organisation plays a very big role in South Africa as it educates and inform people.
Community Journalist (Current Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape15 May 2013
On my typical day at work I do research, arrange interviews and studio guests. I also write scripts and do audio editing. I have a good and strong relationship with my co-workers as we always share ideas and sometimes they help me find stories for my shows and articles. The hardest part at my job is to find someone who is willng to share his or her personal story especially about HIV. I enjoy hosting the radio show and being part of our TV programme.
Pros
My organisation cares about its employees, by supplying them with the required equipment, and working environment, arrange safe travelling, and accomodation.
Cons
Job security is a problem as the organisation depends on funders.