Community Media Trust Employee Reviews

5,0
Working there has been the greatest job ever.
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 September 2019
.Was talking to the girls about everything that particularly happens in life.
.Some didn't understand from a word go, you'll have to explain step by step because they had different disabilities.
.I've learnt that we are not the same sometimes you have to understand what others going through and put your self in their shoes.
educational about HIV and AIDS, Gender based violence,STI, Communication
Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 September 2019
Laiasing with stakeholders and Departments, Attend community ware-room meetings, Report writing, recruiting and train groups of participants ageing from 10 to 49 years in the community and at schools. Refer participants to different services and attend to meetings with stakeholders
1,0
Always scared of job losses
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 August 2019
High job losses.Don't get a high credit from bank loans or vehicle or property..Otherwise the money is good but management fail to source funding from funders and government. Better work for WHI or ANOVA
Productive and fun working Place Community Media Trust NGO
Girl's Club Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal1 November 2018
A typical day at work its a day when we go out to outreach in schools to teach girls about Life skills social, health and cognitive assets. I have learnt how to raise a resilient girl child how to be able to overcome or to endure tribulation without cracking or showing how bitter you are.
The management is very good we submit to our superior and report to them. The work place culture is very fair we have diversity races its a multiracial company and we integrate smoothly without racism.The hardest part of the job is to recruit participants to the project it needs to persuade the girls and convince them about the benefits of the project to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we reach our targets and make sure the girls who participated graduate and obtain a certificate.
Pros
free airtime and free break fast
Cons
no holidays only public holidays
fun
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng6 February 2018
Have a good top management structure and support however they don't have way to monitor what they want to see happens in the lower ranks of management
5,0
meeting people and teaching them a healthy life style
driver code 14 (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 November 2017
I have never had a day at work, where there's one person having problems with the other.

Got to CMT as a driver, and I was given a chance to be facilitator

Was blessed to work at such a friendly place

Not planning for the next day, getting to work and find out that the schedule for the day has changed

colleagues
Cons
8 hours
I enjoyed my job
Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga16 August 2017
It was a good work,it was a contract.I really enjoyed working with community,I learned more about working with people, I got pregnant on 2014 and got eresed from the contract, the contract said if u are absent for 30day u will be dismissed, by that I lost my contract job.
Pros
Any
3,0
We were allowed to have debriefing sessions,annual capacity building,
Provincial Outreach field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN27 November 2013
It was fun working for Community Media Trust however, one was always worried about their job security as we were often informed that funding was a challenge. Management was amazing, transparent and easy to talk to. There were a few benefits but not the most important ones like medical aid and provident fund.
Pros
We did receive free lunch at the office during office hours, meetings. We even received money during the year end office closure
Cons
Sometimes we worked away from home, conducting trainings. We were working unusual hours.
Work
Post Production Cordinator/Offline Editor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC19 September 2013
Typical 9 to 5 reporting to supervisors and managers. Staff are friendly but some of the managers tend to be temperamental. No benefits and the salary is not good. They expect a lot from their employees.
3,0
a workplace for the determined individual.
Community Journalist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC31 May 2013
Community Media Trust affords one the opportunity to learn all aspects of the media and television broadcast spectrum.

As an NGO it has its own set of unique challenges such as keeping funders on board and getting big broadcasters like the SABC interested.

A typical workday would include research and writing scripts for an upcoming documentary shoot. If I wasn't out shooting on location I would be at my desk writing an article or on the field interviewing subjects and officials.

On other days I would be involved in the post- production process after shoots.

My co-workers were, for the most part, people I enjoyed working with and I was fortunate enough to learn at the feet of some of the best editors and producers in the industry.

Pros
Exposure to television broadcasting
Cons
working for a very low stipend
4,0
This organisation plays a very big role in South Africa as it educates and inform people.
Community Journalist (Current Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape15 May 2013
On my typical day at work I do research, arrange interviews and studio guests. I also write scripts and do audio editing. I have a good and strong relationship with my co-workers as we always share ideas and sometimes they help me find stories for my shows and articles. The hardest part at my job is to find someone who is willng to share his or her personal story especially about HIV. I enjoy hosting the radio show and being part of our TV programme.
Pros
My organisation cares about its employees, by supplying them with the required equipment, and working environment, arrange safe travelling, and accomodation.
Cons
Job security is a problem as the organisation depends on funders.