Compuscan Employee Reviews

2,0
Underpay staff ridiculously and unfairly.
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Steenberg, Western Cape30 January 2018
Pay staff with scarce skills less than 50% of their potential earnings elsewhere.

Make empty promises to staff regarding salary advancements.

Increase salaries on amounts not agreed upon. Do not discuss increases with staff.

Pay staff poorly and then treat them badly if they are not happy with salary. For example, will pay somebody with an honours degree from a good university who studied in a scarce skill profession a low salary and not expect the employee to complain.

This company loves counter offers to employees, they will offer you 2 counter offers in a year, but will not expect you to resign or complain about the salaries.

Very strict in terms of access control. i.e. HR will stalk the times you come in and out everyday even though you do not work in a cell center environment.

This company will appoint you as having experience in one tool or software package and expect you to do the same work in a new software package without relevant training or support from Management.
Pros
Canteen on site. Stellenbosch is a nice area to work in.
Cons
Long hours, days without lunch breaks etc.
4,0
Wonderful Culture and Vibe, at a cost
Report Writer (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape5 October 2016
It's extremely wonderful to work here because of the people I'm working with, they make it worthwhile and forget about the cons of being here. Relaxed vibe at Compuscan hence why I'm 8 years here already.

The only negative aspect is the lack of performance bonuses and proper renumeration. I can get 1.5times my salary someplace else but I'm staying at Compuscan because of the nice environment and fellow colleagues.

At Compuscan I learned alot, from zero knowledge in development to a more intermediate level. Management is great, no difficulties experienced ever nor conflict.

The hardest part of the job is the excessive workflow and limited time to complete a task, this is due to lack of staff and increase in overtime spent late evenings.
Pros
Birthday Leave
Cons
Excessive Overtime, short staffed.