Continental Employee Reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 2 372 reviews
4,0
Productive workplace with a team spirit
Chief Compounder (Current Employee) –  Uitenhage, South Africa17 March 2019
• There is some repetitive tasks in my day . . . Maybe adds up to about 30% of my day.

• Then depending on the day
• We can have project review

• Loading new product bom’s in sap

• Attend to any production related challenges for the day

• Focus on my development work
- Compound / fabric / process / cost outs
• Either planning or doing trials or compiling reports.
3,0
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape4 January 2019
Global company, opportunities to work abroad, driven by manufacturing innovations. Regular employee satisfaction surveys conducted. Has various international manufacturing plants
Pros
International transfers
Cons
Long Hours
production and Tea/Lunch
SHE Officer/ Shift Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape5 August 2018
Firstly the shift handovers are immaculate for the start of each shift. Which make it very easy to start-up, especially the housekeeping. Beginning of each shift, a meeting is conducted and the team will know is expected from them to complete each shift.
Pros
Free lunches, incentives and awards.
Cons
Overtime, Assist when employees are absent and working on weekends.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape16 May 2018
I enjoyed working for Continental tyre SA as I have learnt a lot in the past few years and the experience I gained as a qualified artisan at the company.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long ours
Booker of threads
Booker (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape16 April 2018
Its a very good company that looks after its employees
Never disappoints when it comes to paying salary
In a month we work 3 weeks on and 1 week off
We also get 50% on tyres that we want to purchase so thats great
Pros
Off week
very productive and enjoyable
Day Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Factory Port Elizabeth Eastern Cape1 March 2018
Normal daily targets to achieve,assist where possible,problem solving i.e. communication (make they understand).People is the company biggest asset.Be honest , trustworthy transparent.Be positive and treat everyone with respect. maintain dissipline not always nice but fair to everyone,Share achievements with staff and leaving after workplace with a smile.
Friendly People
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape29 January 2018
The people are working together as a team and is very few companies in South Africa that employees will greet you on their own way no matter what type of mood there are.
Pros
People are very friendly
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Fun workplace
Operations Manager Trainee/Quality trainee (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape29 January 2018
Very good company. the environment is perfect. Employees are good to each other. Salary is good for the Job title. I enjoyed every moment spent at continental. so much to learn and very big room to grow.
4,0
Very productive and professional company
Management Accountant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape3 December 2017
The company has a great culture where employees can feel part of a family. It provides great career opportunities for employees whom perform. It has good structures and policies in place and has a clear direction from management.
4,0
We were very much productive and delivering on time everytime
Labour Trainer (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape20 September 2017
There were many occasions were we would find ourselves in deep end as the work was piling all the time and had to make means when the workers are being layed-off
Pros
free lunch and machandise
Cons
12 hours a day
3,0
Challenging and always looking forward to it
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape2 April 2017
A good company for a person to grow but only up to certain level. they train their employeed in areas where they lack. A company that looks after it people very well
Fun working environment.
tYRE iNSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape15 January 2017
My typical day at work would consist of loading and inspecting of tyres.
I learned that attention to detail is very important and the hard work one puts in is what you get out.
The managers I had were really understanding and they made me feel comfortable they were easy to communicate with, but at the same time they still gave me that extra push.
The hardest part of my job would be the lifting of tyres and especially when its hot in the factory, but I still enjoyed it very much.
I enjoyed meeting new people and just the fact that I was always busy made my job enjoyable.
Pros
free takkies, free Christmas hampers and getting paid every Friday
Constructive, progressive working environment
HR Manager: Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape19 September 2016
The M&S and HR environments are flexible, stimulating and generally positive.

Working environment is fast paced, and dynamic. Responsibilities are clear and goals are transparent.

Development is a topic taken very seriously.
Productive -fun work place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape16 April 2016
Working at Continental was like being with family,everyone i worked with was very co-operative and fun.I learnt how to be a leader,how to communicate with people,how to be a grown-up.I get along with my Bosses . hardest part of the job was learning how to be a(jumper) meaning u must releave all 4 operators who worked in Curing Derpartment before u go out to lunch.AND the most enjoyable part of the job was to work with my mentor who was my Supervisor.
Pros
we used to have gifts during shut-down
Cons
I love working overtime
3,0
It is a benifisial place to work for there is nice benifets.
EWM Controler (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape4 April 2016
I have had a lot of working experience and had a lot of learning experience. It is a nice place to work for. I loved working there, but after I had an IOD doing my Job to the best of my ability got difficult. Working shifts is not my strong point after the birth of my son. Finding a night care nanny is hard as they also have family's.
Pros
the benifits and medical aid
Cons
shifts
Challenging
Process Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape30 March 2016
Nice place, good ppl, very well structured, except for management ideology.
There is no day the same, ever, there are always issues with supply or customers - it has been said that a good Quality person will work themselves out of a job, which is what I achieved, so therefore moved from Quality to Processing - with no fiscal benefit.
Pros
Technologically advancing rapidly
Cons
Over 60 hr weeks, no weekends, no overtime, and very difficult to get leave ilo.
Fun working place
Receptionist/ Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 March 2016
It is a nice place to work, a very good environment. It is a place where i have learned to communicate with different customers. Wether they are friendly or not. What i have learned is that the customer is always right no matter what.
Pros
Own lunches
Cons
Normal hours
Training
In-service trainee (P2) (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC16 April 2015
Given a project and not meeting the deadline, working shifts and I enjoyed working in the maintenance department ensuring machinery were working smoothly. There was a great support from mentors.
productive and team work
tyre layer/ service man (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC30 September 2013
i was very productive and make sure i get my tasks done on time. working very well with my team
Pros
over time
Cons
no trainings
Happy what I do
Quality Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC24 June 2013
Always challenges as far as continuous improvement of processes, products and machinary. Consultation with other companies internationally and sharing problems short and long term. With the people on the floor, they eager and willing to overcome any difficulties to a team.
Pros
Sharing with international proffesionals and meeting them when I am in Europe
Cons
Not able to advance my career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Continental. Our community is ready to answer.

Based on 2 372 reviews