CORE Group Employee Reviews

3,0
Productive and relaxed work environment
Technical / Sales support agent (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Jet Park15 November 2017
Productive and relaxed work environment, self knowledge empowerment is vital. Product knowledge training provided visually if there's new products available.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
work on public holidays
Average
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg9 September 2017
Average work place , nice people.Tight deadlines and not too much family time. Market related pay. Management hasn't changed in years. Fast paced and young environment ,
5,0
Its a fun store work for
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State4 May 2017
I've learned how to use apple products - new units
we get along with each other at the store.
i get so happy to see my customer leaving the store happy.
Pros
we get to the products before other customer can see or touch them.
Cons
doing Stocktake, robberies
2,0
Fun exciting products, tough organisation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 December 2016
Exciting products and environment, if you are willing to put up with excessive, somewhat unreasonable demands, while job security is not great. Level of organisation, training and structure also much lower than what you would get in a big company. Hierarchy such that employees are not clear on what or how many jobs they are filling. Good for those liking more of a 'cowboy' culture.
Pros
Exciting products
Cons
Disorganisation, lack of training and HR skills, high demands
4,0
Great company where hard work pays off
Cellular and Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng27 March 2016
ore group is a lovely company to work for;

I am so grateful for the opportunity they have given me.

I have wonderful co-workers who have shown me the in and outs of the jobs and who have being very patient with me.

Management have their employees best interest at heart and are easily approachable.

What I love the most about CORE GROUP is that their CEO is very humble and willing to accept suggestions from employees. There is a very much open door approach to the organisation.
Pros
Great organisational culture
productive
Senior It Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP31 August 2014
interesting with alot of customer interaction and research work involved
Pros
excellent place to start ones career
Cons
Very demanding
It was okay
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 May 2014
To believe in myself and listening skill. Working in speed.
Pros
No free lunches
fast paced workplace
sales (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP20 February 2014
learned to work under pressure
learned to work independently
Pros
polished up my sales etiquette
Cons
travelling costly
3,0
fun AND HARD WORK
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP21 January 2014
Due to the demand of the product up to +/- 30 customer are help
deal with emotions and stress due data loos or lack of knowledge i have learned that nothing is impossible to fix, i enjoy have to solve a problem when arises to connect with customers relate with them have a customer base,
Pros
Tips or geft after job done.
Cons
stock take
Stressfull
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, GP10 June 2013
I don't recommend the company, you are not expected to take lunch.
Innovative company
Sales consultant and trainee assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Sandton1 April 2013
Having worked for Core Group under iStore,its the most innovative and fast paced environment.

Ive learned how to deal with different customer types,working well under pressure and how to represent Apple as one of the largest companies in the world.
Pros
working for and internationally recognised brand
Cons
long working hours, and working weekends and public holidays
90%
i.t help desk (Current Employee) –  jet park5 March 2013
love working with people, solving their problems,troubleshooting computers,iphones,ipads.
i enjoy working as a team player but i also love taking charge and acting as an example.
The hardest part of my job is when not solving a query and its a query that the store techs have to do because if i do not do it myself i do not learn but i'm always keen to learn more.
Pros
free lunches
4,0
A great place to work for students.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa18 October 2012
A typical day at work would be arriving at 6:30am, to start opening the store, we would have to do inventory count as well as clean up the area if it had not been done the night before, starting up the tills as well as doing phone customer service normally is your only job until around 7:30am when customers start to arrive. From there its all sales, sales, sales. Give the customer the extra 110% and make them feel welcome, Core Group - iStore is the equivalent to Apple in Europe, and they strive to achieve the same values that Apple has.

I learned a lot working there, such as how brutal the workplace can be, but also things like hard work normally pays off, due to the comission structure, I was taking double my basic salary home every month just due to my good sales. I know its good to make friends where you work, so you won't be lonely or resent work.

Management wise, I felt like there was a lot to be desired on the bigger picture, our regional manager was not on par with what I would say the rest of the company was. But on the smaller scale, our in store Manager/Assistant Manager were fantastic, always helpful and willing to work hard.

My Co-Workers were fantastic, mostly young vibrant people like myself, and we all worked very hard, its a very competitive environment but we still made it fun with banter and friendlyness.

The hardest part of the job was probably not knowing what your take home pay at the end of the month is. You can tell if you've done well or poorly, but just how well/poorly is hard to figure out. Thats the only real downside besides regional management.
  more...

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people, everyone is like a small family, and it made me so proud to be a part of them, I will always miss them, and I made some friends for life there.
Pros
free lunch, working hard for comission pays off.
Cons
low base salary, long working hours.