Coriant

Coriant Employee Reviews

3,0
Highly depend on your direct manager
Highly depends on your position and on your direct manager.
If your manager is professional enough, you will get a very good life-work balance. Remote work environment is mostly supported except some local cultures....
5,0
Educative and great working experience
Good place to work but company left Nigeria to South Africa due to imbalance of trade practices between the Chinese Vendors and others. I work remotely from Nigeria and my bosses were in South Africa, United Kingdom and UAE. Atypical day at work is meeting Customer to introduce new product or do a bill of material of an existing offer.
Work place culture is online based because we heard meeting one every week to discuss current issue with customer and how to make more deals
Productive and fun place
Coriant was formed as an independent company in 2013. The technology comes from - Siemens Optical Networks, Tellabs, and Sycamore Networks. Coriant helps customers around the world empower revenue-generating services with cost-disruptive innovations purpose-built for the hyperscale generation.
xx
As far as I was concerned Coriant was a good place to work. I was given enough leeway to learn and make decisions that had an impact on my professional work.
Telecoms equipment & solutions provider
Technical support arena , dealing with multiple customers from across Europe Middle East and Africa , work from home so need to be disciplined and self motivated.
Pros
Packages
Cons
Remote, fragmentation
2,0
Great company to work for while it lasted ...
... But going nowhere with current management. After long years with no pay raise, they decided to cut costs and close down several departments and ship the jobs overseas or to local in-country subcontractors. No career advancement inside that company that is going downhill.
Interesting global culture
Combination of customers meeting (travel) with internal conference calls, training, etc.

Very professional management, with strong focus on customer satisfaction and employees performance.
Great people
Was a great place to work. Provided much experience and many challenges. Change in strategy is moving jobs to China and Europe. Can not recommend as I am not sure they are hiring.
Best work environment
Working with a large global company was a dream job. I worked with the most talented and intelligent professionals. They recognized hard work and promote in details the accomplishments that each individual has accomplished. Friendly people and a great place to work. I felt motivated going to work every single day!
Pros
Leadership team was great poromoting internal grown
Cons
constant laid offs
Great Place to Work
Great management staff and working relationships. I am under contract so their are no benefits; however, they compensate very well and are very flexible.
1,0
Company spiraling downwards, led by lack of executive vision
Was a good place to work in Naperville because of a great engineering team and high innovation. Over past couple of years, management shuffles resulted in increasing influence from CEO and others who lack vision. Eliminated the R&D in North America, where all of the innovation and complex design was originating, leaving only European and China locations that lack the experience and guidance to prevent the free fall. Once current product mix and contracts run out, so will Coriant. Very sad to see what has happened.
Pros
Plenty of good memories from Tellabs days, before the Coriant train wreck.
Cons
Declining revenues, product development and innovation has nearly ceased, feeling of inevitable further collapse.
4,0
Good atmosphere. Need to look forward
Looking to relocate and start a new atmosphere. Need more training to advance in my position. Looking forward to apply my skills to a new environment. Highly skilled in the IT environment.
3,0
good development staff, poor business plan and sales
Development staff is very capable, however a number of executive decisions and declining sales have forced many reductions in force, and low morale.

The technology and products provide enjoyable work as does the engineering staff.
Pros
good people
Cons
sales cannot support the business
Great People, but Lousy Management
This company is dead, poor executive decisions lead to Tellabs to be acquired by VC Marlyn, which gutted the assets and left it for dead. No assets and funding left our largest customers wary to continue to do business with us. If constant layoffs of personnel sounds good to you, this is your company.
5,0
It was a good place to work, but my job was transferred out of the country. I had a very good manager and worked with good people. It is unfortunate that they moved my job to China.
5,0
Productive and high learning experience
Its about mobile backhaul technology with core routing protocols. It was good learning experience on that technology.

The project was very collaborative every one in the team glued well technically.
Pros
Continous learning
Cons
need to stretch some times
Tough place to work
Coriant was former Tellabs and was bought by the venture capitol group Marlin. At first the experience was great but it's clear Marlins objective is to cut employees and cost to sell the company off.
Pros
Cons
No view of the future
learning scope
Had a really wonderful learning and freedom to complete the work.

Work culture is good

We can have freedom to take the decisions

less pressure

Good interaction between the management and employees
3,0
Good place to work but company is shrinking
People are great, but the company is continuing to shrink in the Naperville location, so no job security. All hardware development work has been eliminated.
4,0
Overall organization scaled back employement opportunities
Company went through several mergers & acquisitions resulting in many changes in the management style & culture. Making the job duties challenging during the times of change between them.
Pros
Ability to work on different projects to challenge skill sets
Cons
Market instability made company scale back employment opportunities
great place
work environment was great.
management let me do my job without interference

it was a relaxed feeling that allowed for better job performance.

I didn't receive a pay raise in the time I worked there
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coriant. Our community is ready to answer.
3,5