Cotlands Employee Reviews

Igniting potential through play
Facilities Manager/Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ormonde, Johannesburg8 November 2018
Cotlands is a multi-award winning, non-profit organisation with a rich history and 80 plus years of experience in serving young children.
Cotlands heeded the call to build a stronger nation by ensuring that as many potentially vulnerable children as possible have access
to play-based early learning opportunities during early childhood.

As an organisation, Cotlands is working towards making South Africa a more equal society by creating access to play-based early learning opportunities for young children.

Through the generous contributions of donors and partners, Cotlands initiates and facilitates innovative, play-based early learning opportunities for young children. Children are provided access to toy library and playgroup programmes aimed at improving school readiness.

The programmes are designed to ignite potential through play by enhancing children’s language and mathematics skills as well as ensuring physical and social-emotional development. The ultimate goal is to ensure that children have the required skills to excel academically and socially when entering formal schooling.
Pros
Secure working environment
1,0
Bad Employer
ELFA (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal23 October 2018
Worst company to work for. Staff treatment horrible. Salary just too little. The company's way of doing business is not progressive. If you an option do not join
Pros
Nothing I can think of
Cons
Just about everything
5,0
child and youth care worker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng18 March 2018
It a productive company that is able to uplift their stuff,take them to short courses for the stuff to have more knowledge about the work their doing.an open minded company who gives further education an assistance to their stuff.
Pros
Free birthday gift to every staff
Cons
No long hours
Exciting
Conference Delagate (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 January 2017
A day a the cotlands is filled with laughter and joy. Management is always there to help. It's a friendly environment as people learn more and help children develop.
Pros
Free lunch and resources are paid for
2,0
Challenging work place
Toy Librarian/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 January 2017
At Cotlands,many employees were willing to go the extra mile to bring in the money. Most of the employees would travel from afar using trains carrying equipment to use when playing with children in the settlement sectors,,I use to go in different places in the township including informal settlements to provide free education through playing games and puzzles,we worked under difficult situations whereby sometimes we will be working under the trees just to help less fortunate children.
Pros
No free lunches
1,0
It brought great joy seeing a smile on the childrens faces knowing that u had something to add onbit
Events Coordinators assistant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng29 December 2016
It would make a big difference if the government would fund the organization more. Even though the hours were long it was exciting for me working course I new how much of a difference my good work was gonna do in the childrens lives.
4,0
Productive and fun to work with
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape15 March 2016
Cotlands is a good NGO to work with . It gives you a room to grow and study.
I learned to be more responsible and accountable for all task I need to do.
Pros
No free lunches.
Cons
I have to come to work 30minutes earlier .
4,0
A love family
Assistant to the I.T. Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP27 March 2015
Cotlands is a charitable non government organisation that help needy children and babies who are orphaned as a result of HIV AIDS or neglect. everyone in Cotlands sees him/herself as a member of the family and does well to contribute their quota.
Pros
free food n accomodation
3,0
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP9 February 2015
I enjoyed working at cotlands, I did interact well with the staff and they were all helpful in assisting me when needed. I learned the basics on human resources although it was not my field of study.
good working environment
data capturing (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP19 July 2014
fun workplace and productive company with good management and dedicated workers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal working hours