Crown National Employee Reviews

5,0
Good
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  JHB, Gauteng31 October 2019
Nice people to work with. Work experience was good, products was eacy to quality control and fix and audits was done with a easy heart.
Spices was very interesting to work with and the QC system was implemented fast with no fuss.
Good learning experience
Warehouse and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape28 August 2019
I had a good learning experience. I learnt alot about the fmcg industry and how to cope with the preasures of that environment. I also gained vast exparience in logistics and client relationship
4,0
It's was fun at work place
picker and packer (Current Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga22 July 2019
I Ephraim it's was nice working at crown national nelspruit I was helping a painter with a forklift accidentally bump sprinkle pipe. No one did understand
Pros
Have my own lunch
Cons
Overtime
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 May 2019
The most important thing about I love about the company is that everyone is treated as equals.And that imployees become your family.And the most important thing I loved about the company is the hours I worked there cause there we're consistent.I learnt alot during my time there like how to interact with consumers and my employees.
Pros
Braais at soccer games
Cons
N/a
very productive and enjoyable
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape2 March 2018
Love working with my colleagues and dealing with customers daily. I have learnt how to sell and to work under pressure, currently I have a challenge with management my views are not taken seriously and that impacts on the business. Lovely culture in this company everyone works together. Hardest part of my job is not being able to provide for my clients. Gaining trust from my clients and being able to add value their business due to my advise.
Pros
Cons
no day off the whole month
3,0
Everything about the Company is good. It's just that the position that they offered me is very low compared to my Course and i need to grow my Career.
picker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 January 2018
The Company is trading 8 hours a day with 1 hour lunch and two 15 minutes tea times every Monday to friday.

I learned how to handle customers with different attitudes. I gained great experience in multi-tasking and time managing. Handling business communication inside and out side the company.

Hardest part of the job is standing on feet for long hours.

Enjoyable part is gaining the skills and working as a team member.
Pros
Free lunches during over times
good work place
reach truck operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 June 2017
Make spices from raw materials. I was first a reach truck picker where I picked the stock from the racks. So I got promoted to a issue clerk I book out the stock
Pros
free lunches
Fun place to work in
Creditors Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesbsurg Gauteng14 March 2017
My day gets off to an early one. Many reconciliations to be done. The target is about 20 per day. Love working with numbers and interacting with people to obtain the statements. Get on well with colleagues and management. Always willing to assist whenever needed. Happy fun person to be around, but when it comes to work, this takes priority and the fun and laughing and happiness comes once the work is done. There is nothing bad or difficult about my job. I am the type of person who makes things and circumstances work. The culture is typical of corporate. I basically fit in to my surroundings and no matter how difficult things may seem to outsiders, I make things happen, and all are happy.
Pros
Working with figures which is my strong point
Cons
Not a permanent position
2,0
Productive day
Blending Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 March 2017
Here I was not accepted by my colleagues, just for being a foreign national. The company asked me to stay home as they could not manage everyday xenophobic mood of their long time workers.
Pros
Free night transport
Cons
Health, safety
Fun working place,friendly management
Opperator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 December 2016
I enjoyed working there,I had every reason to smile everyday while working,most friendly management.ita company that produces sauces_various kind,jimmy sauce,Wellington msyonaise,master club etc...there is cooking area, production area,leg,receiving, despatch...I used to have my own machine ,where I was working alone,the got to work on other machines_as time goes,we were getting along very well with our packers_I've learned that I must make,the working place more friendlier because I spend most of my time there
Pros
Food money when working overtime
Cons
7 to 7
Productive and fun workplace
sales person (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape16 November 2016
its a great company to work for, great atmosphere towards my colegues. a very Fun workplace with lot of challenges and opportunities, the hardest part is on making the monthly Targets and the most enjoyable part is if you as an employee show a great commitment towards the company there more opportunities you will get.
Pros
free products testers
Cons
Normal working Hours
fun work place
packer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 October 2016
Great environment to work in..team effort is needed to complete job. We pack spices for customers into boxes by quantity needed.
Pros
production bonus
Cons
long hours and shifts
Challenging every day
Receiving Raw Materials Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 July 2016
Manage , motivate and discipline.
Ensuring staff are equip to know why they doing what they doing.
Had a good relationship with co workers because we understood each other.
the challenge in my job daily was the scanning of stock.
The most enjoyable was when we as team have reached our daily targer or came near to it.
Cons
Long daily meetings
3,0
Very little opportunity for advancement.
Procurement/Sales Manager East Coast (Former Employee) –  Durban South Africa29 October 2013
As a salesman and procurement manager I had to do know everybody's customers requirements as well as my own. South African Companies are being forced into a rasist employment direction and it undermines company loyalty and work ethics.
Their renumeration and management style left a lot to be desired.
The customer base that I developed was very loyal to me and when I left they went with me. which doesn't enspire future emplyers but I left with their blessing as they felt my customers were no longer within their portfolio an mission.
Pros
Great customers, great products
Cons
Below par salaries and limited opportunities.
5,0
The work place was a good and friendly invironment
DEbtors Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edenvale Gautang23 May 2013
The Company and Management was fun to work with very undrstanding and suportive,my co-workers was a real joy to be with every day,The hardest part of the Job was push to get the scaning backlogs done.I enjoyed working there the vipe was cool
Pros
Stuff descounts
Cons
Traviling to work and back a nightmare