cticc Employee Reviews

Working safety
safety representative (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 January 2019
Am a hard working young lady who always willing to help in a working environment and make sure safety is always first before anything.also make safety
Pros
Free ppe
Cons
Office hours
fun at times
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 June 2018
nice people and some not so nice...
hours are long but can be enjoyable and at times especially at night then there's nothing to do while a function is taking place.
i enjoyed my time but as any other workplace sometimes it's good and at times it's bad.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too little money for long hours put it
productive
BAR TENDER (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 June 2018
i learned how to communicate with customers and how to keep customers happy all the time. types of alcohol and nature of wine. learned how to deal with difficult people from different backgrounds. working long hours and working under presure.
Pros
no free lunchs
Cons
13 hours
5,0
it was fun working there i learned a lot
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  cape town16 May 2018
i learn on how to be punctual .all the staff is friendly
i enjoyed working in pastry which is baking .there lot of cultures there a diversity but we all treated the same there was no discrimination learned how to adapt with other colleagues well.it was fun through out my training i never felt as a student i was treated well.
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
over time bt you get paid for it
4,0
It's good to face new challenges.
Barman (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 March 2018
Am working at a busy centre. I'm having some challenges but I can manage to resolve them immediately. So I would like to share my skills somewhere else. I would like and ready to move on.
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
It is productive and interesting working there
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 August 2017
Working at CTICC was nice and interesting the working condition and security is good the management is friendly.
I benefited skills such as how to serve a customers a manner on to speak politely with a customer.
Pros
Free Lunch offered and Transport for those who work night shift
Cons
Long working hours
Learning Environment
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  cticc5 April 2017
I enjoyed working at the CTICC and I learnt a lot from different people in different positions. it is a fun and accommodating working environment. I worked long hours but it was worth it. I don't regret being in that place I could go back any day.
Pros
staff lunches
5,0
Cool place for any kind of human nature
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 January 2017
We used to trasport for free and we eat lunch there. We take offdays even during the week.We work as a group , we never discriminate one another. At work we have solidarity
Pros
Free transport
Fun working place
Waitress, Cleaner and Senior Worker (Current Employee) –  Western Cape,Cape Town21 July 2016
I have learnt a lot since I started working there, I really enjoy my job but I have a problem with the money I earn. The management is quit goo to me but the is no space for growth there.I feel like I need to change the environment for the better.
Pros
Free lunch
3,0
good place to work at if you a hard worker
Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 June 2016
flexible hours, good for students because they have transport for late shifts. first aid is on point in case of any emergencies
Pros
free lunch
Cons
heavy duties
5,0
Huge learning curve and positive outcome
Pastry Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC12 July 2015
At cticc a typical day started at 5 when i planned the day ahead and started putting tea break or breakfast pastries i the oven. A early shift breefing was held once all the staff was there by 08:00. then every detail of the day was discussed and tasks were divided. During the day i would supervise production, check buffets, look after vip's, plan for the next day, place orders, talk to my seniors about certain funtions and what the look and feel of it will be. Motivate staff all the way. The hardest part of my job was learning to manage such a big group of chef's, but it was a huge accomplishment for me and it made me a much better manager. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the other sous chef's, we were like a familky and were all working equally as hard. Management and co - workers were proffesional. I learned how to think on my feet, multitask better, deal with daily issues of short falled orders, managing a big team and how to communicate effectively. I learned how to be a better chef.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner, extra days off when days were taken away, great salary and benefits
Cons
When busy, extremely long hours
3,0
its a place where you have to build yourself for the outside companies
cateen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC20 January 2015
control the canteen, dish the foods, and leave by 6

stand your ground with staff and dont change the rules.

respect management

work together in partnership/team player

its adults and you have to repeat yourself
knowing you the one they hate cause of the rules you imply,,if they didnt call me a name,,i dont think i did my job properly for the day
Pros
even though they hate to follow the rules, they respect me for not discriminating
Cons
to control up to 500 adults a day sometimes
Hard and smart worker
WAITER (Former Employee) –  CAPE TOWN, WESTERN CAPE4 March 2013
The first day in job shadowing I have to bring 1000 plates. The management is very well.Co-workers are supportive. Work 2days or 4day. The most enjoyable part is that we meet lot of geust
Pros
yes we do have free lunch
5,0
what i've learned through my inservice is that as a chef you must be productive and you must'nt keep clients waiting and you must present everything
assistant chef (Former Employee) –  cape town19 September 2012
working @ CTICC was very fun,it actually give me time to explore within the hospitality industry and now i know that cooking alone is not alone but meeting company and client requirements is essential.I left CTICC becouse i have to go back to the college after finishing my in-service training.
Pros
free lunches