Cum Books Employee Reviews

A big learning experience
Permanent Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverside mall mpumalanga27 November 2019
An experience that came with great responsibility and team effort every day. This helped in opening me up to learn more about myself and learn more about independence
5,0
A spiritual reviving place to work in
customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng15 November 2019
Everyday spiritual uplifting, very challenging environment. Learning something new everyday, stressful but fun. Weekly training that makes the job easier,TEAM
fun and productive workplace
temporary sales assisant/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West16 May 2019
Working for the company on a normal day would include assisting customers an assisting with sale.I have trained as a cashier and learned how to receive stock as well as pricing and merchandising. The work culture is wonderful and everyone gets along with each other well. the staff are well trained in customer service and the store is well managed. Personally , the best part of working here would be interacting with the customers and being of assistance to them and the most difficult part would be having to deal with difficult customers. But generally working for the company is amazing
Pros
staff discount on items in the store
Cons
unexpected long hours
Blssed enviroment
Senior Supervising Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 April 2019
Always fun working for this brand

Plenty of training

Managers are always supportive

Clients are great

Great HR management

Great literature
Cons
Salaries could be better
Very rewarding
Freelance translator (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng14 February 2019
The most enjoyable part of working with the company is the wide variety of translation projects I received from them. It was a great learning experience and very rewarding.
Good environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Witbank18 December 2018
Good working conditions helpful area manager
Culture of family
Enjoy spreading the Word of God
Job security
Good benefits available like medixal aid and provision fund
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
Retail hours
3,0
Learnt organisational and people skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape27 April 2018
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with their queries, giving product information and organizing products in a systematic way.
I learnt plenty about customer service and working with others. The store was a Christian book/ gift shop and so I had to represent the stores values in the way that I conversed with customers and treated them.
I cannot really say there was anything hard about the job, it was pretty straight-forward and easy.
I enjoyed interacting with the customers and being with my colleagues as they were nice people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Unreasonably low pay
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng15 January 2018
Good working relationship with my colleagues.interacting with customers.good communication skills.always punctual nd a team player.harworker and eager to learn.
Pros
Day off
Great work experience.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 December 2017
Great corporate culture. Friendly and supportive colleges. Allows growth and initiative. Great first-time job with no experience required. Highly recommended.
3,0
Great company to work for
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng17 November 2017
Company gave me a lot of opportunities to grow. The company culture is great...a great environment to work in. The CEO has respect for his employs and wishes them to grow with the company
Peaceful and fun workplace
Store assistant (casual) (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 October 2017
my experience at the store was fantastic, the staff there is amazing to work with including management. I was taught a lot regarding customer service and how to communicate with people.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
hours were too little during mid-year
4,0
Professional and a good start
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng16 June 2017
It's a very professional setting, the staff is friendly the management, not so much. The supervisors, it depends. It is a good start for those who are starting out.

Get familiar with the products and services, see if growing in it is possible for you, and you decide.
Pros
Get to read free books, discounted products for you.
Cons
One off day per week, not Sundays at most
5,0
Supportive, focused, highly motivated and customer dedicated
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng11 April 2017
The organisation was an amazing experience since it being my first job. The management and fellow colleagues are 100% dedicated and are very supportive. The working environment is very energetic, which naturally motivates you to achieve more. Customer service is very excellent, and the employees are the most bubbly people i have met, they made my adaption to the environment easier and much fun.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Unusual working hours
2,0
Co-workers was great fun to work with.
Permanent Part Time Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng27 March 2017
Very long hours and financially not rewarding! If it wasn't for the people that I worked with I would've hated my job and some customers made it worth while.
fun workplace. interesting environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng20 March 2017
The staff is great and the management is passionate about assisting everyone to feel like an important part of the team. The customers are a bit of a challenge, especially during the festive seasons but overall the atmosphere is great.
Pros
Christian staff
Cons
long hours. poor work incentive
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West2 January 2017
A typical day at work is challenging, as it is fast paced and time management is critical. I see clients on a daily basis to help them, by making their lives easier, by providing them with Internet Services.
I have learned a lot from my time at this company, I've learned to manage my time and to get as much done as possible. I have also learned a lot of technical skills from this company, from what certain things are and how it is used. Problems are a daily thing that needs to be sorted out, thus problem-solving skills are learned. Management is very helpful and will always help when they are needed, they are always there for you. Co-workers themselves always help you when they can, they are always friendly. The hardest part of the job is to get everything done on time, also dealing with difficult clients and solving their problems. Seeing people happy and being able to help people to the best of your ability.
average working place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal27 October 2016
Place is ok but could do better for the way of treating their staff. Was a good place just do not look after their own staff. There were sometimes that it felt like a family group
Pros
days off
Cons
extremely long hours
5,0
productive and pleasant to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng26 September 2016
A typical day at work included running around fetching book and cds for customers. I learned to communicate and to be patient with everyone. The management is understanding but also strict. The co-workers are great and human too. However, the hardest part of the job included packing large quantity stock on a shelf that was smaller. But that challenged me to be creative and driven. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was customer service because I love working with people
Pros
great stuff, free lunches after big sales
Cons
long hours, not enough money
An amazing Experience
Casual Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  West Rand, Gauteng10 September 2016
Learnt a lot and met wonderful people who had so much knowledge, Defiantly learnt a lot from my time working here. Was fun most of the time and others was hard work
Pros
Freindly coworkers
Cons
Interfeared with my collage work
Workedas casual
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West23 April 2016
I only worked as casual while studding Only worked on holidays and weekends. The hours are a lot and the salary is not very good, even permanent staff get low salary .