Curro Holdings Ltd Employee Reviews

1,0
My overall experience at curro
Educator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng9 January 2019
You are overworked, and expected to do things outside of your teaching parameters. You are most often expected to work a six day work week, which is not reflected in your pay. Many times you are criticised for your work, and not taking on enough. Many times educators are heaped with excessive amounts of mundane and nonsensical work. Your salary is NOT market related and your increases also don’t reflect a positive outlook on a decent monthly income. You are expected to work from 07h30 to 16h00. Provide extra classes and still attend events that end well after 22h00 due to having to take care of children who are left behind after the events end. You aren’t guaranteed any advancement what so ever. If you are afforded an advancement, your already heavy workload doubles. This is not the life you want. Students are rowdy and are given the advantage over the educator in every aspect. Growth is limited and there are no perks, inclusive of medical aid- which is offered but to full account of your own. The company doesn’t pay part of any perks. There is little opportunity to grow through enrichment and as such most opportunities are at own cost.
Pros
Non
Cons
Salary is not market related, working hours are excessive, management does not cooperate, the teacher is always wrong; overworked, no opportunities for advancement
1,0
Just a number
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng21 November 2018
Morale is Low. Treatment is different. Colleagues are wonderful. Hardest part is not being recognized, acknowledged and knowing you just a number. I work with a lovely set of Colleagues.
Pros
The people l I work with.
Cons
Salary is poor. No acknowledgement. No retaining of Good teachers. Poor Higher Management.
2,0
Limited Opportunities but Great People
Part-time Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 August 2017
As a part-time teacher my day was quite free and open to planning. My schedule was easily planned and the kids and colleagues were easy to work with and keen to grow the school and its departments.

However, remuneration for my job description was not competitive compared to other schools. Even after receiving my qualification, salary negotiations were turned down. Additionally, admin was made difficult due to the inability of management to provide internet access to part-time teachers for work use (emails).

The company has massive potential to become something great, but they demand a lot of their employees. Although completely acceptable under normal circumstances, it is not always in line with the remuneration offered.
2,0
A satisfactory work place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  uMhlathuze, KwaZulu-Natal18 February 2018
We work from 06:45-16:00 and the boarding house duty commence.
I have learned to be careful to work foe education companies as they don't put the students or staff first.
Management only care about the bottom line not the children.
Not all colleagues work together.
To stay motivated when you are not appreciate.
I enjoy the children.
Pros
Housing and free meals
Cons
lack of promotion opportunities
3,0
A friendly, commendable staff with great facilities
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Krugersdorp, South Africa20 February 2017
I enjoy being a part of a company such as Curro, which is very organised. Curro Krugersdorp has a friendly and welcoming staff and I enjoy teaching learners of diverse backgrounds.
Pros
Friendly staff, diverse learners, opportunity for growth
Cons
long hours, poor salary
A great learning experience
Grade 6 and 7 English Home Language Educator (Current Employee) –  Krugersdorp, Gauteng15 April 2017
The Curro system is very structured and rigid. The work hours are reasonable and the salary is as expected of an educator position. The staff are warm and friendly and the learners are of diverse cultures.
Pros
Diverse children, structure
Cons
Poor salary for amount of work expected, not enough room for creativity
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal2 January 2018
I enjoy my job and I learned to cooperate with other people as a team work for the company to deliver a good service to it customers. Management is good and the communication is good. The workplace culture is multi cultural and it is a close family
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long holdays
5,0
fun workplace
coach (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 March 2018
great job. awesome staff and great students and work place is well run, i was head of swimming and really improved the swimming team to be better and more fun approach on swimming
Hard-working Environment
Intern & Aftercare Manager (Current Employee) –  Randpark Ridge, Gauteng18 February 2018
A typical day would include a full time-table with limited breaks. Use of their resources to their full-advantage without providing the necessary appreciation for their staff. I have learned to be more confident within the teaching industry, however, the Aftercare Managerial post has taught me how to work with staff as well as parents. The most enjoyable part of the job would include experiencing the learners in their academic environment.
4,0
Forward thinking, innovative and empowering organisation
National sales and enrolment manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa27 October 2017
An amazing company to work for. Every day has new and exciting challenges, but with the amazing employees where team work is part of every days experiences - nothing is impossible.

Growth for employees is par for the course and with a mission to empower every individual to reach their potential, may it be staff, parents, learners or stakeholders every day is a ground breaking experience.
Pros
Staff development, growing fast developing brand so scope to grow proffessionally.
4,0
Very nice and friendly work situation
Mathematics Education (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP18 September 2014
Most importantly is to teach the learners Mathematics (learners from Gr 8 to Gr 12). I also present the Advanced Programme Mathematics course as an extra curricular activity.

I am the part of the management team that is responsible for all administrative tasks concerning the running and governance at this institution - which is a private high school.

The most wonderful colleagues to work with. The fun we have together, the jokes and all the good times. Although all other staffs were great, this was surely the best !!

The hardest part of the job is to face reality that parents typify teachers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when a learner or a colleague or a parent or anybody, walks up to you and say "thank you sir". It doesn't happen a lot in this line of job but once every 2 or 3 years is enough to keep you going for another 5 !!
Pros
Friends, teaching, explaining, knowing you make a difference
Cons
I guess all jobs have their own cons. Here, it is same as everywhere.
3,0
Very fun work environment and I learnt allot
Aftercare assistant (Current Employee) –  West Rand, Gauteng10 September 2016
The hours were long but the environment was fun and the coworkers made every hour worth It.
I learnt allot and will never forget what I learnt.
I had the best co workers that made everyday fun.
4,0
Provide opportunity to grow and be a valuable teacher
Afrikaans Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  Langebaan, WC27 July 2014
Because you work with learners, co-educators and parents not two days are the same. Every day something new is happening. This is on the one hand exciting and it forces you to be alert and creative, but also very tiring.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with young people, to be part of the process to prepare them for their future after school.