Datacentrix Employee Reviews

Na
1st Line Support (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng28 October 2019
Make sure you pay your staff accordingly and equally as it was not the case when I was still working for Datacentrix. Reward excellence and loyalty. T
3,0
Good Vibe and company to work for.
Schedular/ Admnistrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 October 2019
Good vibe and company to work for. Always evolving and learning etc. There are loads of nitty gritty issues that goes around. many study opportunites.
1,0
not productive and its not fun because there is no growth
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng6 September 2019
there is a lot of discrimination and unqualified employees you can work for five years without getting increase while the medical aid which is cost to company(CTC) increases every years and your salary goes down
Hardworking and friendly
Server Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng23 August 2019
Doing daily checks on the environment ie. server health, connectivity etc. resolve issues if arises. If any complex issues happen research it and resolve which is a great feeling of accomplishment and learnt something.
Pros
Onsite at client. Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours, Needs to be available at all times.
A Good work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Canal Walk, Western Cape10 July 2019
As a Intern i received a descent monthly income with exposure to multiple sectors within IT. Its a good company to start off at, With Experienced individual always willing to help and assist you.
Pros
Good Income for a intern
Cons
Traveling
Challenging and Fun
Project manager (Former Employee) –  George, Western Cape1 July 2019
My day would start with a brief staff and progress meeting whereafter I would consult and update my project plan. I had daily meetings with the CEO and top management with regards to current methodologies as well as a weekly scheduled meeting with all stakeholders as part of the steering committee. I handled all staff and HR related matters and was responsible for a major part of the business analysis and change management. Some of my other duties included report writing, risk management and adjusting the business model for effective functioning.
Pros
Freedom of Movement
Cons
Short Deadlines due to delay in equipment delivery
2,0
Creditors Clerk (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng24 June 2019
I wouldn't recommend anyone to join Datacentrix. Theres no fair treatment, managers have friends amongst us and treat them better that the rest of us. Increment is next to nothing. Its usually less than 5% unless if you are friends with your manager. Most of the employees there wishes to leave the company.
Pros
There are no benefits
Cons
Super
Changelling but enjoyable
Proejct Manager / EIM Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng17 June 2019
My typical day at work includes, planning(PID, scheduling (resources as well as workshop sessions, meeting, etc) this will usually take place during the planning or project initiation phase, recording, tracking and monitoring project issues and risks, presenting to project steerco, project reporting, stakeholder engagement, presenting teams deliverables & project resource mobilisation and health checks
The hardest part of my job is to ensure that project deliver on time on budget and quality deliverables, having said this, I still enjoy the challenges Project management have.
Planning, directing as well as guiding the project teams.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours at times / pressure
1,0
This Started Out So Promising...
IT Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng16 June 2019
When I started working for Datacentrix, the team I worked with was friendly, helpful and welcoming. I was trained extremely well and promised growth within the company. However, as I studied further (at my own expense) and asked for training in the networking field, I was met with a cool indifference by management. They refused to move me over to gain practical experience within the field and thus my newly acquired certification fell by the wayside. Eventually, my team was assigned to new management which was ultimately a disaster. I had both my grandfather, and father pass away within the same year and was forced to take unpaid leave in order to attend both funerals (at different times of the year, so I used my family leave for one and took unpaid leave for the other). I was then escalated to HR for this leave and ultimately pulled into a hearing. Not once did the company offer me any support during this time but instead lectured me about putting my career second. I also experienced health issues due to a condition I have been diagnosed with and all the stress I was put under by the company. I have never experienced people with so little humanity and compassion. This was a horrifying experience that caused so much unnecessary stress and pain. I would highly advise anyone seeking employment to look elsewhere because Datacentrix is simply not worth it.
Cons
Uncaring management, lack of growth
Productive and great management
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town21 May 2019
The DCX management team was amazing. Very approachable and helpful. I was outsourced to Virgin Active National Head Office, which is a great company to work for with a vibrant culture. The benefits were good and I enjoyed working with the different teams within the IT department.
Pros
Got to meet new people often
Cons
Outsource
Good Company
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng8 April 2019
At Datacentrix you will get exposure to a very broad range of technologies. Datacentrix supports a client base across multiple industries and this makes for constant learning and adapting to new challenges.
Pros
Exposure to new technologies
2,0
Changes all day
Managed Services (Current Employee) –  Gauteng2 April 2019
Loads of changes but no alignment. Staff will be replaced with juniors without knowledge transfer. Daily struggle to get work done. KPI are not relavent to position.
Nice working environment
First Line Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng12 February 2019
I like working there, its a nice working environment the people and culture make it a great place to work BUT i'm looking for more responsibility with new
and fresh challenges, currently advancement opportunities are scarce at
my current job, I don't mind a slow pace from time to time but it is important for me to keep my career continually moving in a forward direction,
for me thats really
consistent with my career goals
5,0
A very fun work environment
Junior Developer (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng6 February 2019
I enjoyed every moment with the Datacentrix team. I attended several boot camps and was always giving 100 percent performance.I really enjoyed interacting with clients, trouble shooting every time there is issues. The Team buildings were amazing and memorable forever. That was a great working place.
Pros
Free beers during Friday meetings.
Cons
Long hours when dealing with an emergency case at clients' sites.
Friendly staff
SHE Administrator assistant (Current Employee) –  Midrand30 January 2019
A typical day starts with a cup of brewed cup coffee and then its work time and in between chats with colleagues.

If there are no meetings I towards month end, I would then start preparing for my month end reports.

The most enjoyable time is when I chat with friends and colleagues and discussing work related matters.
Pros
Anytime its tea time
Many lessons learned
Front Office Technician (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng23 January 2019
I would get to work and open the call logging system to check and outstanding and new calls are make a list of users to go and physically visit.
I would then remote connect on calls that can be done remotely.
A typical day would have me attend between 20-30 calls.
Because of the nature of customers (Managers, call centre agents etc. ) I leaned the importance of resolving a query swiftly and permanently if you can.
I never had that many interactions with my managers because I was mostly situated on sight and never had many reasons to meet.
The hardest part of my job was travelling to work. Even though I was always on time it was a struggle
I enjoyed resolving new problems. Learning new and effective ways of resolving queries
Encourages Innovation
IT Trainer & Network Engineeer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng3 December 2018
Working at Datacentrix is pleasant. There is an ownership feeling for every task that you are given. The company encourages innovation and creativity. I dont mind working for that company again.
great
Senior IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng1 November 2018
excellent working environment,attending to client's calls,learned how to work with network and IP addresses,management was great.common culture,lifting up racks during installations.enjoyable part was working independently and flexibility
Pros
flexibility
Cons
travelling
3,0
Fun but no growth and salary low
call center agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 October 2018
Good company, I had about three full years of enjoyment, there is no recognition of hard work that creates low work efforts and demotivation, no incentives or benefits. Work hours are reasonable and friendly.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No training
Challenging environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape10 October 2018
A typical day at work would start with a 5 minute catch up meeting, I have built close customer relationships, how to manage and embrace diversity. Created a easy and synergy filled culture at work. The hardest part would always be to discipline without emotions and the most rewarding part is to enhance people's skills and build their confidence,
Pros
Open door management policy
Cons
Targets