Datacentrix Employee Reviews

Changes all day
Managed Services (Current Employee) –  Gauteng2 April 2019
Loads of changes but no alignment. Staff will be replaced with juniors without knowledge transfer. Daily struggle to get work done. KPI are not relavent to position.
Nice working environment
First Line Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng12 February 2019
I like working there, its a nice working environment the people and culture make it a great place to work BUT i'm looking for more responsibility with new
and fresh challenges, currently advancement opportunities are scarce at
my current job, I don't mind a slow pace from time to time but it is important for me to keep my career continually moving in a forward direction,
for me thats really
consistent with my career goals
5,0
A very fun work environment
Junior Developer (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng6 February 2019
I enjoyed every moment with the Datacentrix team. I attended several boot camps and was always giving 100 percent performance.I really enjoyed interacting with clients, trouble shooting every time there is issues. The Team buildings were amazing and memorable forever. That was a great working place.
Pros
Free beers during Friday meetings.
Cons
Long hours when dealing with an emergency case at clients' sites.
Friendly staff
SHE Administrator assistant (Current Employee) –  Midrand30 January 2019
A typical day starts with a cup of brewed cup coffee and then its work time and in between chats with colleagues.

If there are no meetings I towards month end, I would then start preparing for my month end reports.

The most enjoyable time is when I chat with friends and colleagues and discussing work related matters.
Pros
Anytime its tea time
Many lessons learned
Front Office Technician (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng23 January 2019
I would get to work and open the call logging system to check and outstanding and new calls are make a list of users to go and physically visit.
I would then remote connect on calls that can be done remotely.
A typical day would have me attend between 20-30 calls.
Because of the nature of customers (Managers, call centre agents etc. ) I leaned the importance of resolving a query swiftly and permanently if you can.
I never had that many interactions with my managers because I was mostly situated on sight and never had many reasons to meet.
The hardest part of my job was travelling to work. Even though I was always on time it was a struggle
I enjoyed resolving new problems. Learning new and effective ways of resolving queries
Encourages Innovation
IT Trainer & Network Engineeer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng3 December 2018
Working at Datacentrix is pleasant. There is an ownership feeling for every task that you are given. The company encourages innovation and creativity. I dont mind working for that company again.
great
Senior IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng1 November 2018
excellent working environment,attending to client's calls,learned how to work with network and IP addresses,management was great.common culture,lifting up racks during installations.enjoyable part was working independently and flexibility
Pros
flexibility
Cons
travelling
3,0
Good company to work for
Business Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng22 September 2018
Datacentrix is a culture focused organisation that has a strong focus on its existing customers. The company is a very strong product focused organisation that is working hard to diversify its ICT product offerings
Pros
Loyal customers
Cons
Lack of integrated business model for selling and compensating its staff
2,0
Fairly ok company to work for
Network Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 July 2018
Joining Datacentrix from Axiz/Pinnacle IT team there was a big adjustment. Outsourcing has been a bit different with management changing ever so often.
I've learned a lot from the more senior guys who specialize and the team worked with are very knowledgable.
Technical work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Century City, Western Cape20 June 2018
There was alot of driving around with your own vehicle which the company did not reimburse you for services and maintenance of your vehicle. Loading heavy printers in your car was also a negative. The staff is not looked after very well.
3,0
friendly and job security are key
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape7 June 2018
A typical day at work at Datacentrix as an Account Manager is less at the office and more in the market looking for business. I learned to treat the business as my own inorder to win.
Pros
Cons
salary is not market related
Overall work experience
Enterprise Administrator (Current Employee) –  Century City, Western Cape24 April 2018
Datacentrix is my very first job. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that was presented to me in the year 2015 to complete a business administration learnership.

It has been a great pleasure getting to know the business, and how it operates and working with the different systems that were put in place to keep operations going.

Working for Datacentrix I have learnt so much over the past three years and have grown tremendously since I first started.
5,0
Great place for self starters
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape28 February 2018
Good work and life balance.
Flexi working hours
Family orientated
Productive workplace
Junior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng16 February 2018
-I would say the workload over there was less/ fair
-the management is good
-fair pressure for a learning environment
-the job was mostly on site. They have a huge clientele, you will get to see different network designs, layout and architectures
Fun workplace
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Samrand, Gauteng22 January 2018
It was nice and enjoyable workplace. i have learned how to represent yourself in front of managers and directors. Learned how to treat other people. how to follow workplace culture.
Pros
none.
4,0
Greate and amazing place to be in
Network Engineer intern (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng11 January 2018
Currently working there I am a junior Network engineer Intern learning new things everyday I work Will humble team who are willing to help you learn and they are kind and sweet
Pros
Free telephone
Lovely Place
Project Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng8 January 2018
Well, I have been working at Datacentrix for over 7 years now, and trust me when I tell you that for someone like me, it was really exciting, bare in mind that I dont get excited very easily, managers are awesome, colleagues are very welcoming, its just great
Pros
Free Telephone
Cons
Loads of work
great
Junior network engineer, internal sales (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng20 December 2017
learned to stand on my own, be confident in every work i present to my manager, team work, always willing to teach you new things, great events.

racist, but if you work yourself off you will be granted great opportunities
Pros
free lunches
Cons
overtime
5,0
Work hard but have time for family
Network Architect / Riverbed WAN SPecialist (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, South Africa3 December 2017
Datacentrix has a great atmosphere and good people you working with. You work hard but reap the rewards as they reward purely on performance and customer feedback. You have flexi time but work has to be done and projects invoiced on time.
4,0
Very productive working environment, with friendly employees
Business Admin Learnership (Former Employee) –  Century City, Western Cape24 November 2017
I worked with a dynamic team of hardworking, vibrant people who I have learned a lot from, being a shy person I gradually came out of my comfort zone.
Pros
Lunches were 1 hour long.
Cons
None that I can think of at this point.