Datacentrix

Datacentrix Employee Reviews

Ok to work for
Ok to work for at datacentrix but benefits are not that good as well as the salary
People are great and divers as well as the managers and location for the work
5,0
Good
Datacentrix is a good and professional company that encourages growth only if you work for it. It is a very focused company and gives which is heading in the right direction
Poor Leadership
Not a good company to work for anymore. The manager put in place have no strategic vision and have lost the plot. The culture is ot good and its all about money
Organized
It was relaxed and peaceful relaxed mentoring and suppervisin the management team was relaxed and understanding there was not fussy about the job I missed working there
Datacentrix Experience
I learnt a lot in the 2 years I was working at Datacentrix. Working among extremely skilled staff members with far more experience than myself greatly assisted me in developing my skills in new areas of IT I had not yet delved into previously.
5,0
I was also appointed as a ssistant manager while working on that project.
I was a hard worker working with different contractor working under datacentric and my manager was people person everyone enjoy working him. Our client was happy by the end of the project.
3,0
Can ne stressful at times.
The management in 2017 while I was still working there would treat employees unfairly and medical aid was a must have yet no contribution from the company.
Excellemt
Wish i cud work for that company again...i had a good experienve there and the people are helpful wiling to teach u something u dont know. It was a contract post
Productive and Growth
My typical day at work would be filled with clients calls, resolving their queries within SLA. the most enjoyable part of the job would be engaging with clients. I have learned a lot about networking and voip
Na
Make sure you pay your staff accordingly and equally as it was not the case when I was still working for Datacentrix. Reward excellence and loyalty. T
3,0
Good Vibe and company to work for.
Good vibe and company to work for. Always evolving and learning etc. There are loads of nitty gritty issues that goes around. many study opportunites.
1,0
not productive and its not fun because there is no growth
there is a lot of discrimination and unqualified employees you can work for five years without getting increase while the medical aid which is cost to company(CTC) increases every years and your salary goes down
Hardworking and friendly
Doing daily checks on the environment ie. server health, connectivity etc. resolve issues if arises. If any complex issues happen research it and resolve which is a great feeling of accomplishment and learnt something.
Pros
Onsite at client. Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours, Needs to be available at all times.
A Good work place
As a Intern i received a descent monthly income with exposure to multiple sectors within IT. Its a good company to start off at, With Experienced individual always willing to help and assist you.
Pros
Good Income for a intern
Cons
Traveling
Challenging and Fun
My day would start with a brief staff and progress meeting whereafter I would consult and update my project plan. I had daily meetings with the CEO and top management with regards to current methodologies as well as a weekly scheduled meeting with all stakeholders as part of the steering committee. I handled all staff and HR related matters and was responsible for a major part of the business analysis and change management. Some of my other duties included report writing, risk management and adjusting the business model for effective functioning.
Pros
Freedom of Movement
Cons
Short Deadlines due to delay in equipment delivery
2,0
I wouldn't recommend anyone to join Datacentrix. Theres no fair treatment, managers have friends amongst us and treat them better that the rest of us. Increment is next to nothing. Its usually less than 5% unless if you are friends with your manager. Most of the employees there wishes to leave the company.
Pros
There are no benefits
Cons
Super
Changelling but enjoyable
My typical day at work includes, planning(PID, scheduling (resources as well as workshop sessions, meeting, etc) this will usually take place during the planning or project initiation phase, recording, tracking and monitoring project issues and risks, presenting to project steerco, project reporting, stakeholder engagement, presenting teams deliverables & project resource mobilisation and health checks
The hardest part of my job is to ensure that project deliver on time on budget and quality deliverables, having said this, I still enjoy the challenges Project management have.

Planning, directing as well as guiding the project teams.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours at times / pressure
1,0
This Started Out So Promising...
When I started working for Datacentrix, the team I worked with was friendly, helpful and welcoming. I was trained extremely well and promised growth within the company. However, as I studied further (at my own expense) and asked for training in the networking field, I was met with a cool indifference by management. They refused to move me over to gain practical experience within the field and thus my newly acquired certification fell by the wayside. Eventually, my team was assigned to new management which was ultimately a disaster. I had both my grandfather, and father pass away within the same year and was forced to take unpaid leave in order to attend both funerals (at different times of the year, so I used my family leave for one and took unpaid leave for the other). I was then escalated to HR for this leave and ultimately pulled into a hearing. Not once did the company offer me any support during this time but instead lectured me about putting my career second. I also experienced health issues due to a condition I have been diagnosed with and all the stress I was put under by the company. I have never experienced people with so little humanity and compassion. This was a horrifying experience that caused so much unnecessary stress and pain. I would highly advise anyone seeking employment to look elsewhere because Datacentrix is simply not worth it.
Cons
Uncaring management, lack of growth
Productive and great management
The DCX management team was amazing. Very approachable and helpful. I was outsourced to Virgin Active National Head Office, which is a great company to work for with a vibrant culture. The benefits were good and I enjoyed working with the different teams within the IT department.
Pros
Got to meet new people often
Cons
Outsource
Good Company
At Datacentrix you will get exposure to a very broad range of technologies. Datacentrix supports a client base across multiple industries and this makes for constant learning and adapting to new challenges.
Pros
Exposure to new technologies
2,0
Changes all day
Loads of changes but no alignment. Staff will be replaced with juniors without knowledge transfer. Daily struggle to get work done. KPI are not relavent to position.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Datacentrix. Our community is ready to answer.
3,7