DAV Professional Placement Group

DAV Professional Placement Group Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

4,0
A very value-driven organisation
A typical day at work is spending time on the phone sourcing candidates from career portals, referrals, from our database and arranging interviews with them. I also place adverts on different websites, then sort through the ad responses. For interviewees who aren't in Gauteng, I conduct telephonic and often Skype interviews. Once the interviews are arranged I then meet with the people and ask competency-based questions to establish how well they know the job and if they are a suitable fit for the company in terms of experience, qualifications and even culture and personality fit. At this point we also discuss current salary as well as salary expectations. I also prepare candidates for interviews with clients and debrief them thereafter to establish where they are and how they feel about the opportunity. Once a candidate accepts an offer, I call them to prepare them for resignation and counsel them on counter-offer. Once the offer has been accepted, I keep in touch with the candidate to manage fear of change and sometimes cold feet which they may have about the new position. Because we only get paid after a 3 month guarantee period, I then have to manage the cnadidate once at the new organisation to ensure they are happy and any concerns they have are addressed. Basically maintain the relationship with the candidate as a trusted advisor. The entire process can take from about a month, to a bit longer depending on the client or company, but a typical day for me involves sometimes every all of the above, sometimes just a few.

I have learnt a lot about the recruitment cycle
 - more...
Pros
Extensive training, value-driven
Cons
extremely long hours, 30minutes lunch, unpredictable commission, absolutely no work-life balance, input doesn't equal output- sometimes you work hard and walk away with nothing, because the final decision-maker is the client and candidate, you as the middle man, have no control over any of these people.
1,0
un-proffesional
No comminication on applications made........
Very un-proffesional.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DAV Professional Placement Group?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAV Professional Placement Group. Our community is ready to answer.
3,7