De Beers Employee Reviews

3,0
Interesting work
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape29 October 2019
Enjoyed the opportunity to learn about the mining industry but specifically what is done in the marine mining process. It was great to be able to work closely with these individuals, they are very passionate about what they do.
Prosper
Mining operator (Former Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State17 October 2019
It was a please nt place to work there was teamwork and momentum.. We as colleagues grow as family we stand as one with management.. De beers was a friendly zone and we all loved each other as brother and susters.. I wouldn't mind to work for the company again. They put our safety first. We practice it at work and take it home that was a standard. But Ja all good things come to a end. I really enjoy my work place cause they give us opportunities to do courses and lean much more in the mining industry.
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
12 hours
5,0
Excellent company to work for
Manager, Special Project - De Beers Marine (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 October 2019
Equal opportunity company with high standard of corporate governance. If you work hard and perform well you will be rewarded. Very good benefits are offered with a great corporate environment to work in.
1,0
De Beers is one company you can join and work for it. I am even thinking of getting a job again.
Warehouse Officer (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng23 July 2019
Moving from mussina to gauteng region was really difficult for me but to change of environment. It was challenging at first but so far I thank those who adviced me to come. De Beers is a nice company and even thinking of going back.
Great
Electrician/ Planning assistant (Former Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State21 June 2019
This is a company that u want to work for. Well diversity and lots of training opportunities. This company is not about the numbers but rather about the communion. Will work for a company like this any day
4,0
Great company to wok for
Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State13 May 2019
great company to to work for if you are a hard worker and serious about your work. The company is committed to the development of its employees. As an employee you get to do at least 3 skills development courses per year. I really enjoyed my time while I worked there.
Pros
Skills development
3,0
Stressful and time consuming job.
Very good company if it is for financial purposes. However family life takes a major setback. Your year is based on 220 to 300 days work non stop, Saturdays and Sundays... Very challenging
Pros
Salary and Benefits
5,0
was very exciting to work fer de beers
plater/welder (Former Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State10 April 2019
Day at work will start with small meeting where we discuss the previous day's work and safety moment.i have learned alot at tde beers, technical awareness ,leadership and job management of which is maily been part of the team.management was always putting safty firest before everytheing as safety was their culture.hard part of the job was always under pressure to perform and the enjoyable was that after atchieving your job needs you will always be rewarded.
Pros
Transformation and training for previously disadvantaged was taken seriously
Cons
Have to be above the rader at all times.
5,0
Is a reproductive and fun place with a good team of workers regardless of departments
general worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 March 2019
I was responsible for providing PPE for workers and operators,and I responsible for consulting with the safety inspector about damaged or lost PPE and more
5,0
Was an amazing company that I was exposed to
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 January 2019
It was always a pleasure going into the offices with staff been pleasant and helpful at all time (I was a temp at the time), always accommodating and willing to assist with problem solving work-related issues.
Pros
We were given an expense card weekly to utilize at the on-site canteen
Cons
Very obliging with hours
You would be proud to work at De Beers
Senior Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, ZA4 January 2019
De Beers is a fantastic company to work for. It take CSR seriously and safety, the environment and the well being of all its employees are paramount. De Beers has very diversified work force
5,0
diversified workplace with amazing employees
senior mining operator (Former Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State19 December 2018
Loading and haul with an HDV rigid truck from the pit to the crusher area.Drilling hole that would be blasted.Safety is a value,something a person can never cheat or if you do cheat on results in injuries or damege to property.Management were excellent leader who led by example.Diversified culture and willing to put safety first before product targets.Haul on the truck during night shifts was the hardest but the enjoyable part was the up building conversation from other colleques on the radio.
Pros
quartely bonuses
Cons
long working hours
Productive and professional workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 November 2018
I loved working at De Beers and at Anglo Group. They had strict rules that we had to adhere to. They were very professional. I appreciated that workplace culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of meetings :-)
Inovation, safety
Head Metallurgy, Loss Prevention and Security (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng22 November 2018
Looking after all metallurgucal plants in the group and the secirity measures requires a great span of control. Inovation is the leading principle for De Beers and we are fulle customer focus. a Diamond is foerever.
Pros
Free Lunch / inovation / freedom
Cons
mining charter
Productive, compitant. Self dicipline
Mining (Former Employee) –  Ogies16 November 2018
I can handled any pressure I come across in my life. That's we grow as the human being.

Life easy when you face it. Build yourself around good , intelligent people.
Take one step at the time. Full fill your dream if success.

Grow yourself as wellnas others will learn from you as the their legeng of the field.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break
good work envirornment
Senior Mining Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Musina, Limpopo2 November 2018
i have a good relationship with my co workers , safety is our number one priority in our company, the hardest job is to work with a skeleton shift, I mean lot of absenteeism .
Productive and fun
Plant Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape12 September 2018
A great place to enhance your career as boiler maker in the mining industry. Although it wasn't permanent it gave me an opportunity to work above and underground in the Diamond mining sector.
Pros
Training
Cons
Dust and unhealthy situations
Productive company
Mining Foreman Drill & Blast/ Construction (Former Employee) –  Voorspoed mine in Kroonstad8 September 2018
Safety orientated company
Employee development is a priority
Healthy employees is a priority
Skill and knowledge is essential
Self driven employee
open minded employee
Pros
Development for employees is a key
Cons
12hrs shift
Energetic to work here
Painter (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 April 2018
I was always hyped up when i worked here, the colleagues i was surrounded by and my management always made it fun to come to work on a daily basis. Always got my work done on time and helped others whenever they needed assistance.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Paint Smells can get a bit bad
put safety first
mining foreman (Current Employee) –  Musina, Limpopo1 April 2018
venetia mine is a world class mine witch leaves its values and put safety first,it is about to make a transition from open cast to underground which may last for up to 2046
Pros
safety comes first
Cons
open pit reaching its life span limit and not knowing where your future stands