Deloitte Employee Reviews

Found 211 reviews matching the search See all 7 703 reviews
Conslulting at client's
Cost Accounting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg and traveling to clients14 March 2019
I was responsible for implementing SAP ERP Cost Accounting- and Product Costing modules I loved working in teams. The environment can be very stressful with project dead lines and month-end financial procedures.
Pros
Lot of development opportunities
Cons
Only spending weekends at home
5,0
Great place to work if you love your work
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 February 2019
If you have a great boss and you love your work you can go places quickly. However if the opposite then it's tough to progress. The enablement functions are slow and frustrating but Consulting and Risk Advisory have high performing cultures - but the hours are long. The leadership culture can be hierarchical and a bit antiquated, but that could be due to the audit heavy executive.
Pros
Global network
Productive workplace
Account & Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg5 February 2019
Deloitte encourages a culture of learning and collaboration and values its employees.

Continuous learning about self, the industries we work in, are encouraged.

Due to the nature of the position I hold, long hours are sometimes required
Fun and friendly environment
Vac Student (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng24 January 2019
The staff there really gets along and you can see that people enjoy coming into work. Their vac work programme is well organized and you get a good insight of what is expected of you once you start articles.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks in between. Interactive staff.
Cons
No accommodation offered for out of town students.
Always learning
Senior Consultant Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 January 2019
Normal day usually from 9 AM to 5 PM. Opportunities to learn at clients. So big on Integrity. Travelling to clients can be hectic. Always learning new technology and friendly people
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Travelling to other towns
4,0
Productive and good working environment
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 January 2019
Deloitte have a good working place environment, tea breaks and lunch breaks are always fun where we catch up with colleagues and talk about trendy staff. it surrounded by colleagues who are caring and there to assist when you need help.
gained lots of finance experience and lots of administrative work.
project
Project Manager - Sphiwe Mvula (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng20 January 2019
Flexible working hours
Good place to work at
i can recommend it to someone
Great place place for learning
Flexibility of managing and planning your own work
5,0
The work experience at Deloitte was great. I worked there as vacational work, as at that point I was an aspiring Chartered Accountant.
Student Life employment (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, ZA15 January 2019
The work experience at Deloitte was great. I was a student at the University of Johannesburg, studying towards a Bachelor of Accounting degree (Chartered Accountancy stream). During my second year in 2016, I applied for vacational work at Deloitte. I worked at thw company for a period of five days, as that was the period of the program that I had applied for. Deloitte offered us free breaiand lunch, and also an amount of R500 at the end of the program.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The vacational work was only for a period of a week
Deloitte
Project Controller - Human Capital (Current Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng11 January 2019
Despite it's big reputation, working for Deloitte is very average, the pay is not great and you are forced to use the CAMAF medical aid however the company makes no contributions.

The people are friendly and accommodating at all levels and there is a relaxed comfortable culture. No micromanaging, freedom to work at your own pace and flexy hours.
Good Senior Management and Hard Work required
IT Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng8 January 2019
Senior Management team very good at their jobs and directions supplied. Hard work is expected from everyone. Possibly the most honest and best in their field of operation, given the latest trends in their industry of corruption and collusion or falsification of audits.
I would highly recommend anyone for working with them. Pace is fast and furious but people are supportive and work well in teams.
Pros
Good Management and hard-working teams
Cons
Expect to work long hours to be successful
Limited career growth
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 January 2019
Your growth is dependent on whether a manager likes you or not. Managers tend to plan the people they like on their projects which means hard work often goes unnoticed if you are not one of the favourites
2,0
Good environment to be in.
Senior Corporate Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng27 November 2018
Team work encouraged. Development of staff a strong emphasis of the company with lots of opportunities for training, coaching and mentoring of employees. There were lots of team building exercises.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Modern and productive workplace
SWOT Team (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 November 2018
I was there as part of a job shadowing and swot vac learnership in the December holidays. They have a vibrant work environment with very proficient processes. a great worklpace culture.
Pros
Employee perks
3,0
productive, fun but can also be a very stress full environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 October 2018
productive, fun but can also be a very stress full environment• General Office work
• Administration Duties to all staff members
• Personal Assistance to four Directors
• Taking Messages and screen calls for Company directors
• Manage Diaries for directors
• Printing and filling for Directors
• Reading Directors emails and responds when necessary
• Load all invoices and follow up on payment on SAP
• Load all new contractors / Vendors contracts on VAULT
• Arrange all Domestic and International travel
• Arrange Visas and Forex
• Arrange and allocate all corporate credit cards transactions
• Allocate all cell phone accounts
• Arrange all training and breakaways for team
• Arrange Team year end functions or teambuilding’s
• Prepare documents for meetings and feedback sessions
• Arrange Collections with DHL / Convergex Couriers
• Arrange upgrades / Sim swaps / Blacklisting of phones or ordering new phones for Directors/ Managers
• Submit and full in injurie on duty forms
Pros
easy environment
Cons
long hours when necessary
Project Manager
Project Manager / Snr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, South Africa2 September 2018
The aspect that stood out for me at Deloitte was the great people that I met there and had the privilege to work with. I also had an opportunity to be involved and lead a number of very interesting projects, sometimes with challenging clients, however, this enabled me to become resilient and maintain my performance under stressful situations.
Cons
A lot of time away from home
4,0
One of my best employments
Consultant to Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 August 2018
On a daily was enjoyable to go to work as I felt utilised and exposed to various tax issues, which were new, considering that it was my first formal employment from varsity.

I felt important as I was treated as the best in VAT contigency reviews and was recognised and awarded for my hard-work. My passion for tax grew whilst working for Deloitte.
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, South Africa29 August 2018
Una empresa innovadora, se busca lo mejor para el cliente.
This company was good
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo23 August 2018
This company was good and I gained experience through this company even if my job was a contract. I was earning a very good salary management was good
Pros
Good workshops
4,0
Deloitte is really a nice company to work for and is global company and have a lot of various projects and therefore a lot of oppertunities
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Africa13 August 2018
I have worked for Deloitte since 2000 on various projects in the consulting environment, I was part of the financial outsourcing team when start working for Deloitte as accountant for 2 companies. These companies was totally new and we had to get business processes in policies in place for the client. I was part of the team from the beginning and let the business grow from small department to big consulting department of about 300 employees on the end. I also worked on the global outsourcing for Deloitte and had the opportunity to be the accountant for different countries and therefore had the opportunity to get experience of all tax rules for these countries like Russia, India, France, Germany, Australia, Sweden, USA, Dubai, Saudi, Egypt, Morocco, Hong Kong. Then from 2012 as a ERP consultant due to my accounting experience
Pros
free lunches, flexible time
Cons
no cons
Human Capital Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape7 August 2018
Assisting where i am needed was the fun part because you learn so much so when i am permanently employed i can implement my knowledge and experiences gained.