Deloitte Employee Reviews

Team work enviroment
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng12 April 2018
Always eager to help each other to have the best possible outcome if not more. the staff and management are simply the best to provide service to even though you sometimes meet with challenging clients the spirit is to always satisfy the client.
Pros
Excellent Management
Great Company
SAS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 March 2018
The partner I reported too was very considerate of my commitments at home and as a mother, He'd make sure I leave the office in Time to get my kids from school, Even if I was willing to stay longer he'd insist I leave, I usually worked from home in the afternoon and evenings
I was very happy with this role
Pros
Great Cafe, Wonderful work ethics
Accounts payable
Accounts payable analyst (Current Employee) –  Pretoria8 March 2018
I find it interesting and a friendly place to be. It is more focused on it's key deliveries to the clients and the work is done perfectly with minimal complaints from their clients. It is the best finance firm worldwide.
Pros
The best conpany
Fun and Interactive
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 March 2018
Deloitte SA has been an amazing experience as I served my first vacation job at the firm, during the time I've learnt so much about how any business is affected by the volatility of the environment within which it operates. One is equally equipped with soft skills such as emotional intelligence and team building.
The EY building stands as a skyscraper in the middle of Sandton, the environment around the office is a breath of fresh air accompanied by a group of exciting trainee accounting clerks filled with zeal and extraordinary passion for student development and engagement.
Productive and Learning Environment
Trainee (Article Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2018
Hard work but always filled with learning opportunities. Required to put in hours but generally rewarded. Work hard, play hard culture. Lot s of people to get to know and networking is possible.
Productive and fun
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Gauteng woodmead13 February 2018
Auditing operating expenses was fun. Inspecting if the processes and procedures were followed by the company when paying its suppliers. Audit findings of unqualified reports to the company is one of the most important aspects.
Pros
Free lunch
Pension Fund Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg9 February 2018
I received world class experience and the team was great. Most people are professional and there's respect for diversity
The mentoring relationship I had with my mentor was very beneficial.
Pros
Free lunches
Huge growth potential
Trainee Auditor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 January 2018
Huge growth potential. Work life balance. Learning anf individual growthcomes first. Open door policy to top management. Vobrant personnel with ayounger people working.
Long hours even if you're not at the office. Great people
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng19 January 2018
It's a great place to learn but not so great for a family.
Even if you're at home you still need to be available which can get tricky.

Good people, management could be better
Pros
Sense of comaraderie
Cons
Hectic work weeks
Great learning experiance and exposure
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 January 2018
Great learning experience and exposure, I like that you are take charge of your own career. Requires a flexible thinker as well as availability after hours.
Good work culture
New Vehicle Sales Distribution (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn15 January 2018
Deloitte is an excellent organization to work at in terms of experience and exposure. The salaries however are not industry benchmarked and that is the biggest concern amongst employees.
Pros
Industry exposure
Cons
Remuneration
productive and learnt alot
Vacation Work Student (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 January 2018
the people you work with are friendly, always willing to help where they can, the audit manager was approachable. within the audit team the teamwork was great we got along really well and they taught me a lot.
Variable
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South Africa12 January 2018
A great company to work for, lots to learn just needed more opportunity. Staff quite pleasant and were willing to assist at any given time. I needed more time to learn about new systems but the position was short lived. At the same time i had learnt some difficult ways to handle certain situations.
Pros
TV in office, lot of information about the world
Cons
Not given much time to learn new stuff
exciting workplace and interaction with cross dicipline functions
Senior Building & Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  durban south africa11 January 2018
fresh smell of coffee at work
artificially cooled environment OHS compliance
motivated staff - knowledge workers
great culture
easy and relaxed working environment, flexible hours
the only part that is tough to deal with is FM cross disciplinary nature, the knowledge bank is great and it is not possible to be master of all
the most enjoyable part is gaining new knowledge every day
I love FM so I love my job
Typical day at work
Strategic Land Parcels - SCM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ekurhuleni, Gauteng10 January 2018
Team lead in developing SCM processes, reducing the client bid evaluation process and timelines, developing a demand management plan for client which reduced their revenue spend. Analysing the bid specifications to the level where we defined legal process that informs certain bid documents specifications.
Pros
Stakeholders rating your work based on the support you provided
Cons
Multiple stakeholders with different requirements on a daily basis
Inclusive, diverse and fast growing
Accounting Trainee (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg8 January 2018
Deloitte is an excellent and reputable firm which opens up doors to a lot of opportunities. The firm is inclusive, diverse and operates at a high output level.
Deloitte
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 January 2018
Productive Workplace
Analyst (Call Centre Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng5 January 2018
Worked with nice people. The environment was nice, it's a small Call Centre. We worked well together.
The Management was great. Working with the different SETA's was interesting.
Professional company, excellent work wthic
PA / Project Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng22 December 2017
When I worked with Deloitte, the work load was lots but manageable, but unfortunately I could return to Deloitte as they couldn't accommodate me with a half day position as none was available at the time of my resignation. Deloitte's management made it their priority to ensure work life balance was kept. I have been with Deloitte for such a long time and that explains my loyalty and commitment towards them.
Pros
When I have been employed be Deloitte I received an increased amount of leave days.
Cons
Management is not as loyal as the employees.
Good exposure
Accountant (Former Employee) –  woodmead8 December 2017
Meeting people , learning new accounting packages,

Team work and workshops were enjoyable . You get to meet other divisions / teams in the company when it was month end drinks.

When you work on deadlines , you have to be able to work under pressure.

Allocating time to your client was hard at times , only certain hours were allowed.

I did audit work as well , but definitely prefer the accounting side .
We had to report to our managers before sending out financials.
We did budgets, fixed asset registers and VAT

Clients were allocated to you , some were unpleasant but I never complained .
Pros
Good exposure, meeting people
Cons
Timesheets, limited time to complete a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0