Deloitte Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Human Resource Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 August 2018
I enjoy working at the Firm, Leadership is very supportive and invest in their people.
I’ve have learned a lot during the past few years which will allow me to become actively involved in building and maintaining employee relations as well as focusing on individual employee development.
Pros
Good benefits, flexibility
This company was good
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo23 August 2018
This company was good and I gained experience through this company even if my job was a contract. I was earning a very good salary management was good
Pros
Good workshops
Cons
Very professional and great working environment
Executive recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng21 May 2018
Making appointments with candidates and clients
Reviewing database for candidates
Debriefing of clients and candidates
Interviewing and assessments
Publishing of jobs on career junction

How to manage and negotiate at a senior level

Management was minimal we were very independent

Professional, highly motivated and competitive

Due to the high level of the posts, finding suitable candidates

Team spirit and professionalism
Pros
Free parking, canteen on site, independant working environment, good commission options
Cons
Difficult and fussy clients and candidates, very competitive
productive, fun but can also be a very stress full environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 October 2018
productive, fun but can also be a very stress full environment• General Office work
• Administration Duties to all staff members
• Personal Assistance to four Directors
• Taking Messages and screen calls for Company directors
• Manage Diaries for directors
• Printing and filling for Directors
• Reading Directors emails and responds when necessary
• Load all invoices and follow up on payment on SAP
• Load all new contractors / Vendors contracts on VAULT
• Arrange all Domestic and International travel
• Arrange Visas and Forex
• Arrange and allocate all corporate credit cards transactions
• Allocate all cell phone accounts
• Arrange all training and breakaways for team
• Arrange Team year end functions or teambuilding’s
• Prepare documents for meetings and feedback sessions
• Arrange Collections with DHL / Convergex Couriers
• Arrange upgrades / Sim swaps / Blacklisting of phones or ordering new phones for Directors/ Managers
• Submit and full in injurie on duty forms
Pros
easy environment
Cons
long hours when necessary
Deloitte is really a nice company to work for and is global company and have a lot of various projects and therefore a lot of oppertunities
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Africa13 August 2018
I have worked for Deloitte since 2000 on various projects in the consulting environment, I was part of the financial outsourcing team when start working for Deloitte as accountant for 2 companies. These companies was totally new and we had to get business processes in policies in place for the client. I was part of the team from the beginning and let the business grow from small department to big consulting department of about 300 employees on the end. I also worked on the global outsourcing for Deloitte and had the opportunity to be the accountant for different countries and therefore had the opportunity to get experience of all tax rules for these countries like Russia, India, France, Germany, Australia, Sweden, USA, Dubai, Saudi, Egypt, Morocco, Hong Kong. Then from 2012 as a ERP consultant due to my accounting experience
Pros
free lunches, flexible time
Cons
no cons
Love the culture
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 August 2018
Fantastic culture, great place to work. Inspirational leadership. Rated as one of the best companies to work for. Global opportunities. You are the owner of your career.
Workplace Culture
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, Gauteng15 November 2017
I really enjoyed my temp assignment at Deloitte. They have strong work ethics and there's just so much room for growth. I could not believe the salary i was paid as it was my first job.

They have good mentorship and skills transfer withing their organization. If i had to get an of for employment from this company, I would definitely grab it with both hands.

Great company to work for!!
Pros
Room for growth and market related salaries
Excellent company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  south africa20 May 2018
Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.

Each DTTL member firm is structured in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates, and other related entities. Not every DTTL member firm provides all services, and certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.

DTTL and each DTTL member firm are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Pros
Deloitte Africa Centre for Corporate Governance
Fantastic place to work
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 October 2017
My favourite thing about Deloitte, was the people I worked with - always willing to help, friendly. Great culture, great benefits, located in a beautful office park. Main con is that you are not used to your full capacity as a marketer - your main role is project management, event management and stakeholder relations.
Pros
Subsidised lunch, in-house canteen
Cons
Little training offered to support staff
Fun workplace
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng22 April 2018
Great culture.
Relaxed environment
Very professional senior management
Work hard play hard environment.
Good Salaries
Staff are taken care of.
Solid experience.
Project Manager
Project Manager / Snr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, South Africa2 September 2018
The aspect that stood out for me at Deloitte was the great people that I met there and had the privilege to work with. I also had an opportunity to be involved and lead a number of very interesting projects, sometimes with challenging clients, however, this enabled me to become resilient and maintain my performance under stressful situations.
Cons
A lot of time away from home
Experience to meet new people who speak different languages
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 June 2018
Every morning I get to meet with the office friendly team over coffee,then start my duties,discuss my concerns to management,then if there's a meeting I prepare for it then thanked after that,then go home.
Pros
Every friday the Chief of Party brings cake for everyone
Cons
Cleaning one place many times after someone made a mess
One of my best employments
Consultant to Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 August 2018
On a daily was enjoyable to go to work as I felt utilised and exposed to various tax issues, which were new, considering that it was my first formal employment from varsity.

I felt important as I was treated as the best in VAT contigency reviews and was recognised and awarded for my hard-work. My passion for tax grew whilst working for Deloitte.
Good environment to be in.
Senior Corporate Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng27 November 2018
Team work encouraged. Development of staff a strong emphasis of the company with lots of opportunities for training, coaching and mentoring of employees. There were lots of team building exercises.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Professional company, excellent work wthic
PA / Project Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng22 December 2017
When I worked with Deloitte, the work load was lots but manageable, but unfortunately I could return to Deloitte as they couldn't accommodate me with a half day position as none was available at the time of my resignation. Deloitte's management made it their priority to ensure work life balance was kept. I have been with Deloitte for such a long time and that explains my loyalty and commitment towards them.
Pros
When I have been employed be Deloitte I received an increased amount of leave days.
Cons
Management is not as loyal as the employees.
A very career orientated place
Call Centre Agent (Tip-offs Anonymous) (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 June 2018
Deloitte is the best company to work for, just that one came to a stage where working shifts was no longer an option because of few personal reasons, but if I were to be given an opportunity to work there again I would grab it with my two hands
Pros
Soccer Tours, Zumba (employee's month end get together)
Cons
Shift environment
What i did
Financial crime intern-Forensic division (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, Gauteng3 May 2018
Investigation and assessment of alerts for potential money laundering risks in the Bank.
• Ensuring efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
• Assisting in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
The atmosphere is loving and welcoming
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng15 September 2016
Deloitte is a great company to start your career. You are surrounded by intelligent individuals and have access to wide variety of resources. You are entrusted with a large amount of responsibility, but at times you have to figure things out on your own. Management quality varies by individual. Some lack the appropriate skills and some are very good. Job work/life balance is good, but can be bad at times. It really depends on the time of year and the projects you are working on. Compensation could be better.
Pros
Great place to learn business
Cons
Cut throat culture with few options for promotion over manager
Employee (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng20 June 2018
I largely spend my time recruiting, or actives related to our recruiting efforts. Next would be internal resourcing, and org management. Beyond that would be meetings with line management.
Upmarket place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Claremont, Cape Town26 January 2017
Deloitte & Touche in Claremont , Cape Town, offers the best service ever to its clientele base. The company had about three divisions, the FIST division( financial entrpreneural division, the CAS division computer assurance division, Audit division).

I was the planner... whereby I would datarise wares of the clerk from the senior chartered accountant or head of the division.

The salary was enough on a constrained budget.
Job security was good. Management was demanding but userfriendly.

Job culture was marvellous
Pros
Friday entertainment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0