Deloitte Employee Reviews

Experience to meet new people who speak different languages
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 June 2018
Every morning I get to meet with the office friendly team over coffee,then start my duties,discuss my concerns to management,then if there's a meeting I prepare for it then thanked after that,then go home.
Pros
Every friday the Chief of Party brings cake for everyone
Cons
Cleaning one place many times after someone made a mess
A very career orientated place
Call Centre Agent (Tip-offs Anonymous) (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 June 2018
Deloitte is the best company to work for, just that one came to a stage where working shifts was no longer an option because of few personal reasons, but if I were to be given an opportunity to work there again I would grab it with my two hands
Pros
Soccer Tours, Zumba (employee's month end get together)
Cons
Shift environment
Very professional and great working environment
Executive recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng21 May 2018
Making appointments with candidates and clients
Reviewing database for candidates
Debriefing of clients and candidates
Interviewing and assessments
Publishing of jobs on career junction

How to manage and negotiate at a senior level

Management was minimal we were very independent

Professional, highly motivated and competitive

Due to the high level of the posts, finding suitable candidates

Team spirit and professionalism
Pros
Free parking, canteen on site, independant working environment, good commission options
Cons
Difficult and fussy clients and candidates, very competitive
Excellent company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  south africa20 May 2018
Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.

Each DTTL member firm is structured in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates, and other related entities. Not every DTTL member firm provides all services, and certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.

DTTL and each DTTL member firm are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Pros
Deloitte Africa Centre for Corporate Governance
Productive and fun workplace
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 May 2018
I enjoyed working at the company. Everyday was a new challenge and interacting with different clients has benefitted me post articles.
The company had a great culture and I made friends that I will never forget.
External audit
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 May 2018
Entails travelling to rural areas.
Great opportunity to obtain project management skills, leadership and communication skills as well as personal development.
What i did
Financial crime intern-Forensic division (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, Gauteng3 May 2018
Investigation and assessment of alerts for potential money laundering risks in the Bank.
• Ensuring efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
• Assisting in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses.
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun workplace
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng22 April 2018
Great culture.
Relaxed environment
Very professional senior management
Work hard play hard environment.
Good Salaries
Staff are taken care of.
Solid experience.
Team work enviroment
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng12 April 2018
Always eager to help each other to have the best possible outcome if not more. the staff and management are simply the best to provide service to even though you sometimes meet with challenging clients the spirit is to always satisfy the client.
Pros
Excellent Management
Great Company
SAS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 March 2018
The partner I reported too was very considerate of my commitments at home and as a mother, He'd make sure I leave the office in Time to get my kids from school, Even if I was willing to stay longer he'd insist I leave, I usually worked from home in the afternoon and evenings
I was very happy with this role
Pros
Great Cafe, Wonderful work ethics
Accounts payable
Accounts payable analyst (Current Employee) –  Pretoria8 March 2018
I find it interesting and a friendly place to be. It is more focused on it's key deliveries to the clients and the work is done perfectly with minimal complaints from their clients. It is the best finance firm worldwide.
Pros
The best conpany
Fun and Interactive
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 March 2018
Deloitte SA has been an amazing experience as I served my first vacation job at the firm, during the time I've learnt so much about how any business is affected by the volatility of the environment within which it operates. One is equally equipped with soft skills such as emotional intelligence and team building.
The EY building stands as a skyscraper in the middle of Sandton, the environment around the office is a breath of fresh air accompanied by a group of exciting trainee accounting clerks filled with zeal and extraordinary passion for student development and engagement.
Productive and Learning Environment
Trainee (Article Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2018
Hard work but always filled with learning opportunities. Required to put in hours but generally rewarded. Work hard, play hard culture. Lot s of people to get to know and networking is possible.
Productive and fun
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Gauteng woodmead13 February 2018
Auditing operating expenses was fun. Inspecting if the processes and procedures were followed by the company when paying its suppliers. Audit findings of unqualified reports to the company is one of the most important aspects.
Pros
Free lunch
Pension Fund Auditor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg9 February 2018
I received world class experience and the team was great. Most people are professional and there's respect for diversity
The mentoring relationship I had with my mentor was very beneficial.
Pros
Free lunches
Huge growth potential
Trainee Auditor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 January 2018
Huge growth potential. Work life balance. Learning anf individual growthcomes first. Open door policy to top management. Vobrant personnel with ayounger people working.
Long hours even if you're not at the office. Great people
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng19 January 2018
It's a great place to learn but not so great for a family.
Even if you're at home you still need to be available which can get tricky.

Good people, management could be better
Pros
Sense of comaraderie
Cons
Hectic work weeks
Great learning experiance and exposure
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 January 2018
Great learning experience and exposure, I like that you are take charge of your own career. Requires a flexible thinker as well as availability after hours.
Good work culture
New Vehicle Sales Distribution (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn15 January 2018
Deloitte is an excellent organization to work at in terms of experience and exposure. The salaries however are not industry benchmarked and that is the biggest concern amongst employees.
Pros
Industry exposure
Cons
Remuneration
productive and learnt alot
Vacation Work Student (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 January 2018
the people you work with are friendly, always willing to help where they can, the audit manager was approachable. within the audit team the teamwork was great we got along really well and they taught me a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0