Deloitte Employee Reviews

One of my best employments
Consultant to Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 August 2018
On a daily was enjoyable to go to work as I felt utilised and exposed to various tax issues, which were new, considering that it was my first formal employment from varsity.

I felt important as I was treated as the best in VAT contigency reviews and was recognised and awarded for my hard-work. My passion for tax grew whilst working for Deloitte.
This company was good
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo23 August 2018
This company was good and I gained experience through this company even if my job was a contract. I was earning a very good salary management was good
Pros
Good workshops
Cons
Deloitte is really a nice company to work for and is global company and have a lot of various projects and therefore a lot of oppertunities
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Africa13 August 2018
I have worked for Deloitte since 2000 on various projects in the consulting environment, I was part of the financial outsourcing team when start working for Deloitte as accountant for 2 companies. These companies was totally new and we had to get business processes in policies in place for the client. I was part of the team from the beginning and let the business grow from small department to big consulting department of about 300 employees on the end. I also worked on the global outsourcing for Deloitte and had the opportunity to be the accountant for different countries and therefore had the opportunity to get experience of all tax rules for these countries like Russia, India, France, Germany, Australia, Sweden, USA, Dubai, Saudi, Egypt, Morocco, Hong Kong. Then from 2012 as a ERP consultant due to my accounting experience
Pros
free lunches, flexible time
Cons
no cons
Love the culture
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 August 2018
Fantastic culture, great place to work. Inspirational leadership. Rated as one of the best companies to work for. Global opportunities. You are the owner of your career.
Fun workplace
Human Resource Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 August 2018
I enjoy working at the Firm, Leadership is very supportive and invest in their people.
I’ve have learned a lot during the past few years which will allow me to become actively involved in building and maintaining employee relations as well as focusing on individual employee development.
Pros
Good benefits, flexibility
Employee (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng20 June 2018
I largely spend my time recruiting, or actives related to our recruiting efforts. Next would be internal resourcing, and org management. Beyond that would be meetings with line management.
Experience to meet new people who speak different languages
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 June 2018
Every morning I get to meet with the office friendly team over coffee,then start my duties,discuss my concerns to management,then if there's a meeting I prepare for it then thanked after that,then go home.
Pros
Every friday the Chief of Party brings cake for everyone
Cons
Cleaning one place many times after someone made a mess
A very career orientated place
Call Centre Agent (Tip-offs Anonymous) (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 June 2018
Deloitte is the best company to work for, just that one came to a stage where working shifts was no longer an option because of few personal reasons, but if I were to be given an opportunity to work there again I would grab it with my two hands
Pros
Soccer Tours, Zumba (employee's month end get together)
Cons
Shift environment
Very professional and great working environment
Executive recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng21 May 2018
Making appointments with candidates and clients
Reviewing database for candidates
Debriefing of clients and candidates
Interviewing and assessments
Publishing of jobs on career junction

How to manage and negotiate at a senior level

Management was minimal we were very independent

Professional, highly motivated and competitive

Due to the high level of the posts, finding suitable candidates

Team spirit and professionalism
Pros
Free parking, canteen on site, independant working environment, good commission options
Cons
Difficult and fussy clients and candidates, very competitive
Excellent company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  south africa20 May 2018
Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.

Each DTTL member firm is structured in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates, and other related entities. Not every DTTL member firm provides all services, and certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.

DTTL and each DTTL member firm are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Pros
Deloitte Africa Centre for Corporate Governance
Cons

Want to know more about Deloitte?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 May 2018
I enjoyed working at the company. Everyday was a new challenge and interacting with different clients has benefitted me post articles.
The company had a great culture and I made friends that I will never forget.
External audit
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 May 2018
Entails travelling to rural areas.
Great opportunity to obtain project management skills, leadership and communication skills as well as personal development.
What i did
Financial crime intern-Forensic division (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, Gauteng3 May 2018
Investigation and assessment of alerts for potential money laundering risks in the Bank.
• Ensuring efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
• Assisting in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses.
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun workplace
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng22 April 2018
Great culture.
Relaxed environment
Very professional senior management
Work hard play hard environment.
Good Salaries
Staff are taken care of.
Solid experience.
Team work enviroment
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng12 April 2018
Always eager to help each other to have the best possible outcome if not more. the staff and management are simply the best to provide service to even though you sometimes meet with challenging clients the spirit is to always satisfy the client.
Pros
Excellent Management
Great Company
SAS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 March 2018
The partner I reported too was very considerate of my commitments at home and as a mother, He'd make sure I leave the office in Time to get my kids from school, Even if I was willing to stay longer he'd insist I leave, I usually worked from home in the afternoon and evenings
I was very happy with this role
Pros
Great Cafe, Wonderful work ethics
Accounts payable
Accounts payable analyst (Current Employee) –  Pretoria8 March 2018
I find it interesting and a friendly place to be. It is more focused on it's key deliveries to the clients and the work is done perfectly with minimal complaints from their clients. It is the best finance firm worldwide.
Pros
The best conpany
Fun and Interactive
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 March 2018
Deloitte SA has been an amazing experience as I served my first vacation job at the firm, during the time I've learnt so much about how any business is affected by the volatility of the environment within which it operates. One is equally equipped with soft skills such as emotional intelligence and team building.
The EY building stands as a skyscraper in the middle of Sandton, the environment around the office is a breath of fresh air accompanied by a group of exciting trainee accounting clerks filled with zeal and extraordinary passion for student development and engagement.
Productive and Learning Environment
Trainee (Article Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2018
Hard work but always filled with learning opportunities. Required to put in hours but generally rewarded. Work hard, play hard culture. Lot s of people to get to know and networking is possible.
Productive and fun
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Gauteng woodmead13 February 2018
Auditing operating expenses was fun. Inspecting if the processes and procedures were followed by the company when paying its suppliers. Audit findings of unqualified reports to the company is one of the most important aspects.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0