Deloitte Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 8 431 reviews
productive and learnt alot
Vacation Work Student (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 January 2018
the people you work with are friendly, always willing to help where they can, the audit manager was approachable. within the audit team the teamwork was great we got along really well and they taught me a lot.
Deloitte
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 January 2018
Deloitte is an excellent and reputable firm which opens up doors to a lot of opportunities. The firm is inclusive, diverse and operates at a high output level.
Very professional
Front of office/Reception (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 September 2017
Very fast paced day at work

I learned a great deal to handle matters of utmost importance with cultures; clients; staff and colleagues alike.
The company had great learning abilities to improve your skill set at work, the workplace culture was excellent.

The hardest part of the job was you had to be professional in all ways

The enjoyable part of the work the company had an excellent cultural community program from directors to staff to participate
Pros
Monthly lunch tokens
Cons
had to be on the companies "professional medical aid" was very expensive for admin staff
Flexibility
Personal Relationship officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 August 2017
Love working with my team. Over the years we have become like family. I learned what my strength, likes and dislikes are and how to cope under pressure. The culture fit is friendly, work together and assist each other when needed. The hardest part of my job is that due to the CT region is quite small and therefore there is no room for growth in my division. What I enjoy the most of my job is engage with students, building relationship with stakeholders and presenting on campuses.
Pros
Able to work flexible hours
Cons
No room for growth
3,0
Cape Town Branch understaffed
articles clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 January 2017
I worked at the Cape Town branch and there was a high staff turnover as employees were unhappy and the branch is very understaffed.

The clients provided enough experience and exposure to complete competencies which was appreciated.
3,0
Deloitte
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 December 2016
Good place to work for and to develop your career.

Challenging and fast pace environment, working independently and in teams.

Not much transparency with employees and management.
Pros
Free parking and Coffee
Professional and Efficient Work Ethics
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 October 2016
I will work again for Deloitte, within a heartbeat, if an opportunity arises. One needs to be willing to go the extra mile when deployed to Clients as the reputation of Deloitte is regarded in very high esteem. It is good for an Individual's growth within the field as the Directors and Senior Management lead by an exceptionally high standard. Besides, once the Deloitte name brand is reflected on One's Curriculum Vitae, it is obvious that the Individual's attributes are of a very high quality and sought after, within the field.
5,0
Professional work environment and fun to work at
Group Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 July 2016
I have always enjoyed my day to day tasks and I love working on computers and everyone was always friendly when you walk into the office in the morning and when you go home in the evening. I have learned allot in the 3 months I have worked there and am very great full for getting so much experience at Deloitte. I was only on contract for a short while but the salary was very good for the limited experience I had, but in the end after all my hard work I could say that I deserved every penny.
Pros
Free lunches and the activities we did
Cons
I cant say that there was any cons in my time I was there.
Good environment
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CT3 September 2015
When I first started working at Deloitte, I was able to learn everything from my team leaders and my other colleagues. Friendly environment, I think that's essential for a productive working life.
Pros
colleagues, trainning
Cons
salary
4,0
Long hours but good atmosphere and Compensation
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CT24 February 2015
Deloitte, as the other so called big four invests quite a lot in its employees by training them and giving them access to all sorts of workshops. As a young professional I benefited a lot from those internal training programs. In addition, compensation is good and there is a clear advancement/promotion path in the company. Work /life balance could be better.
Family
Second Year Audit Trainee (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC5 December 2014
As I was an audit trainee, I was very much part of the norm.

I enjoyed the environment and to work with lots of people my age, but I would like a more competitive environment where I am able to show my strengths better and work myself up in a company.
The hardest part of the job was being restricted and not being able to apply my mind to increase efficiency - this was very frustrating at times.

I enjoyed every day at Deloitte and since I believe that life is what you make of it and is determined by your mind set. I am however excited on moving on and finding a "real" job out there.
Pros
Very good company, great opportunities
Cons
Shortage of staff
A typical days work
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC3 April 2014
Being involved in audit, a typical day would be going out to your respective client with your team and working professionally and efficiently in order to get the audit done as soon as possible.

I have learnt that team work is so important if every team member plays their part which does happen in audit. I enjoyed my final year of articles as I had more responsibility and I enjoyed that challenge.

The hardest part of the job was managing different clients at the same time and having to spilt your time across clients became hard but with proper planning this was always under my control. The part I enjoyed most of my articles experience was working with different people on my teams and meeting so many new people and networking with those.
5,0
Great company to succeed and advance yourself
Key Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC26 February 2014
Respectful and professional peers
Always willing to advance and develop their employees
Excellent training facilities
Great exposure to the corporate world
Pros
Excellent environment - very positive
A fun, productive, corporate Envonment
Senior Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC8 August 2013
Audited claims for capturing
Emailed clients
Meetings with clients
Did some filing

All in all met some great people whom I wont easily forget:)
Pros
Flexi Hours
productive and eqaul treatment
frontline reception (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Green Piont10 May 2013
extremely busy but exciting when busy
to face challenges and not being afraid
to manage your work so that there no trouble ahead
treat them with respect and eqauly
trying to make out what our foreign clients are saying
when you have to multitask
Data Capturer
Data Capturer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 November 2012
Stunning company - lotsa work and hard work and still great place to be