Deloitte Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 8 413 reviews
Great environment for development
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 May 2019
The environment is good as you get to learn a lot of valuable things in a short space of time. The management is always available to help with work or personal problems.
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, South Africa29 August 2018
Una empresa innovadora, se busca lo mejor para el cliente.
5,0
A very career orientated place
Call Centre Agent (Tip-offs Anonymous) (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 June 2018
Deloitte is the best company to work for, just that one came to a stage where working shifts was no longer an option because of few personal reasons, but if I were to be given an opportunity to work there again I would grab it with my two hands
Pros
Soccer Tours, Zumba (employee's month end get together)
Cons
Shift environment
Huge growth potential
Trainee Auditor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 January 2018
Huge growth potential. Work life balance. Learning anf individual growthcomes first. Open door policy to top management. Vobrant personnel with ayounger people working.
4,0
exciting workplace and interaction with cross dicipline functions
Senior Building & Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  durban south africa11 January 2018
fresh smell of coffee at work
artificially cooled environment OHS compliance
motivated staff - knowledge workers
great culture
easy and relaxed working environment, flexible hours
the only part that is tough to deal with is FM cross disciplinary nature, the knowledge bank is great and it is not possible to be master of all
the most enjoyable part is gaining new knowledge every day
I love FM so I love my job
5,0
Very smart company wants value for money in its employees
Trainee Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal10 November 2017
Company invest in developing its employees, very demanding deadlines, always work on your toes, high level of professionalism and you will definitely grow if you are enthusiastic . good working environment
Pros
free coffee
fun workplace
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 October 2017
It was so good working for Deloitte, They taught me to be independent as I was working individual where by I had to finish the task I was given every day. It was so good and challenging as well.
Pros
Free coffee, hot chocolate, cappuccino
1,0
very difficult place to work
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 April 2017
no work balance
junior employees are not fairly treated
meeting deadlines is not promoted
client engaments not supported
i enjoyed working at different client
Pros
clients
Cons
office culture
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 January 2017
Well what I did was only for the project the company was working on at the time, but one would work for the standard 8 hours analysing and capturing data for the client. I got to master an important skill in the corporate environment, that being Microsoft Word and Excel. Ultimately, one got more and more familiar with computer skills. The management was approachable and too accommodating.
Grooming
Conference and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal10 December 2016
Humbling, I interacted with different people and learnt to blend with a lot a personalities. Worked under a lot of pressure which kept one very alert and made the work environment stimulating to work on.
2,0
demanding and results orientated
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal6 October 2016
client facing
knowledgeable colleagues
numerous deadlines
management demanding
work life balance is difficult to achieve
Pros
professional development
Fun Work Place
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal5 August 2016
I worked at Deloitte on various municipal projects. I was a senior independent consultant. I basically was sub contracting on the municipal projects
5,0
Trainee Clerk (Senior Auditor) (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 July 2016
Interesting & Challenging, while developing & learning skills. Great people and great to converse. Culture is exciting at the firm and flexibility is incredible, also very relaxed environment to work in.
Pros
People
5,0
Productive work environment and excellent learning environment
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN30 December 2014
Productive and fun typical work day.
Management techniques, being a leader, planning, leading mentoring is what I learned.
Wonderful co-workers.
Hardest part: long hours
Being part of the Deloitte family
Pros
Vast experience accross industries
4,0
Deloitte ia a very fast paced working environment with an excellent work culture
Trainee accountant (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN16 June 2014
The firm is deadline driven, therefore there is a continuous hub of activity at the office and the client. On most days, I would be my clients, working with many people on my audit team. The best part of being an article clerk is that I got to work with many young, driven and confident individuals such as myself who are very technically proficient and able to get through large volumes of work. Because I had a large portfolio of clients, I worked with many individuals from different backgrounds, and this creates a good office dynamic, and at the same time exposed me to different management styles. My fellow trainees were simply the best part of working at Deloitte. I learned a lot during my articles, and gained both technical and practical knowledge. My knowledge of the accounting and auditing standards has grown leaps and bounds. I am FIST(Financial Institutions) clerk, and I had the fortune of running the audit of the largest securitisation and loan origination companies in SA.
The hardest part of the job personally for me was the vast amount of overtime that I had to work, but this just showed my innate commitment to get the job done as well as my dedication to my clients.
Pros
Free lunches, idle time
1,0
Culture was great
Events & Learning Co-Ordinator - GHRLR (Former Employee) –  Durban South Africa15 May 2014
I enjoyed working at Deloitte both as the Conference and Events Co-ordinator and Audit Secretary. As the Conference and Events Co-ordinator I enjoyed the difference from being a secretary. I had the opprotunity to meet prominent people at high level events. The joy of an event being successful was well worth the hard effort putting the event together. I worked with an individual who motto was "her way or no way" this took a strain on me as I always second doubted everything I did which eventually made me look for another vacancy.
Focus
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN12 June 2013
1. This was my first time working in the call centre environment and gain lot of experience and understanding.

2. Working with the target was much fun for me as it made me to strive for success.

3. There was no hard part in this position, it was just fun and growth.

4. Meeting the daily, weekly and monthly target. we were receiving the recognition.

Pros
Don't understand
Cons
Don't understand
Learning environment
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Durban7 May 2013
A great platform to launch a career as a CA, Deloitte has provided me with numerous opportunities to broaden my horizons in my chosen field.
4,0
Friendly, down to earth, hardworking
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Durban15 January 2013
Answer incoming calls from individuals reporting fraudulent activities, corruption and unethical behaviour. Identifying, compiling and escalating priority issues in the form of call reports. The team is energetic, friendly, down to earth and easy to get along with. I learnt never to assume but to only look at the facts before making decisions.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
working night shifts
5,0
Great environment to complete articles, diverse
Trainee accountant (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN22 December 2012
Challenging yet achievable work goals set by seniors
Great socialising opportunities
Facilitated exposure to significant big businesses in the area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

Based on 8 413 reviews