Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Found 805 reviews matching the search See all 1 665 reviews
Productive and hectic
Assistant Director Security and Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Sekhukhune District Office in Lebowakgomo9 February 2020
I was responsible for Security Management and Risk Management at ALL Departmental Health facilities in Sekhukhune District area of responsibility. I had to manage office work and and conduct inspections and risk assessments at all facilities.
professional nurse (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape6 February 2020
I was forced tonresign because of abusive management. The work is not balanced. There is a lack of resources, shortage of staff. Mangagement is very unprofessional including the ministers and MEC's. Everything is expected from a nurse. Everything that is wrong with this department a nurse is blamed.We are underpaid and even forced to work above our scope of practise
5,0
Great salary and good environment
Community Service Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Hlabisa, KwaZulu-Natal31 January 2020
It was a great experience and i got the chance to further my knowledge. Learnt to work quick while providing up to standard services. Also learnt to work within a multidisciplinary team
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Good experience
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 January 2020
Department of health should have fair way of absorbing community service health professionals.
If they can easily place us for community service it should be the same with job placement
It was okay
Professional nurse (Former Employee) –  Idutywa, Eastern Cape23 January 2020
If the department could consider paying nursss more. The work load it above staff and the equipment is not efficient. The hours put in and expected from nurses are too much. The salary is okay.
2,0
Challenging environment
professional nurse (Former Employee) –  Parktown, Gauteng23 January 2020
Typically you can expect to be extremely busy, many patients that need medical care. You learn to be creative and find other ways of getting things done because the available resources aren't always enough. You learn to work under immense pressure and extreme conditions.

Helping patients and constant learning is the best part of the job.
5,0
I have facilitate community volunteers, Peer Educators clients live with HIV & AIDS,Orphan,
Community Volunteer (Former Employee) –  TAYLORS HALT22 January 2020
I did Awerness Campaigns, door to door,one on one talks, education, form support groups, encourage people to growing and selling also form doorstep garden.
4,0
It quite difficult to work in the department as there are much errors between the demander and the supplier and that results in ordering disorders.
Auxiliary worker Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape22 January 2020
I liked working there but because of the poor management of the facility that leaded to lack of working material ended up making work difficult for me
5,0
I was very satisfied about everything that i was doing at Dept of Health and it was related to the course.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebowakgomo, Limpopo21 January 2020
Working individually and team work taught me how to live with people with different attitudes. It is very important as a worker to understand the type of people you're working with, so that it can make your work easy.
4,0
A best place to train people for public service employment
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Aliwal North, Eastern Cape21 January 2020
An amazing moment, where one is trained & developed in recruitment and selection, skills development, service conditions, employee wellness & relation
5,0
Working for the company has groomed me to be coming the person I am today.
Administration Clerk (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 January 2020
Working for the company has taught me to be a good worker and a colleague. The experience has taught me how to do my job correctly and professionally.
Work ethic
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo13 January 2020
We see about +-120 patients on daily basis.
I’ve learnt that with this patient flow rate we need a grater team work to make sure we give our community 100% service.
Our supervisor all ways make sure that the department run smoothly on daily basis, all modalities are covered.
Radiographers are allocated in different modalities weekly
The hardest part is when there’s too much workload and colleagues disappear from their work stations
Most enjoyable day is when all patients receive services without any complaints
Pros
Cleanliness in uniform
Cons
No late coming
3,0
Admission and management of pregnant women, delivery of babies
professional nurse midwife (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng9 January 2020
I am a Midwife who admits pregnant women who are in labour and do physical assessments and diagnose them and provide management of the conditions and deliver babies and resuscitate babies. I learned how to work independently and be firm. The Management is oppressive and disrespectful and disregards employees. The hardest part of the job is working without resources.
4,0
Helping people in need is my speciality
Basic Ambulance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aliwal North, Eastern Cape7 January 2020
We treat the sick and injured patients, then transport them to the nearest hospital. And we transfer patients from hospital to the next hospital to receive the best care
4,0
Working at DOH has been great
DATA CAPTURER (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal22 December 2019
I've been with the department for a long time and it has been a wonderful experience, I have learned and grown over the yearswhile working here I love
1,0
We work hard and being under paid
professional nurse (Current Employee) –  Gauteng13 December 2019
Nothing to boost employee's moral.
You have no say as an employee.
We are nursing the paper than the patient. No empowerment e.g taking us to school. Some Managers are too personal sometimes I feel that they don't qualify for their position
5,0
U must give health talk everyday morning sodat patients must understand what is happening
HIV/AIDS Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Moretele, North West11 December 2019
Work at department was very nice and helpful but u must be patient with working with patients some are rude but u have to do what is right for them.health talks is important
productive
enrolled nurse (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal7 December 2019
management sometimes is not fair.i always enjoy to be with my patient and provide them with care they need.nigth duty was wonderful for me .Ive learn on how to understand my nursing through caring for my patients.
1,0
Community liasion officer in nutrition (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal would like to work in jozini,Pongola or mpumalanga province5 December 2019
I enjoyed working for the department of health,it helped me a lot now i stand in front of the people ,I'm less shy now,it opened my mindset,I really enjoy working in communities.
I'm now good in creating whatever help the communities and to develop the people with skills
3,0
The Departmjob securilow rate on retrenchment and job.
professional nurse (Current Employee) –  Klipgat, North West4 December 2019
The working environment can get hectic with shortage of staff members and lack of equipment.It has taught me to be creative and be able to work under pressure, at the end of it all it feels good to assist people in need.Making a difference and knowing that someone is breathing because of you.