Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation

Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation Employee Reviews

1,0
There is much unprofessionalism.
field worker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 January 2020
Your job is unsettled with the DTHF. There's lack of communication between management and workers. Can easily get unemployed without being notified, b
5,0
It helped a lot to me because it uplifted my confidence and how to interact with other people.
Participant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 December 2019
The organization was basically established for young women, where they did a research and came with findings that they are the most affected by HIV and increased pregnancy.
1,0
Trial Clinic, HIV Research
field worker, Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Guguletu, Nyanga Cape Town25 November 2019
Full day working hours, i've learned how to manage work issues/problems dealling with participants attitude, also learned about ARVs treatment. I enjoy to being with people and give information
fun
PROJECT PURCHASER(Buyer) (Former Employee) –  Fish Hoek, Western Cape5 September 2019
get more experience and exposure,working under pressure most of the time,must be focus and accurate working with numbers and money.and learn to interact with different cultures.
5,0
You want cutting edge and exciting? You got it.
Responsible Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Masiphumelele, Fishoek13 July 2019
Working for DTHF is a big responsibility. Not only do you want to make Archbishop Tutu proud, you are also working on cutting edge Healthcare that has the potential to save millions of lives. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Salary is competitive and you get to meet celebrities!
Cons
You might have to work some public holidays.
4,0
Ecxellent company to work for
Research Nurse/Line manager (Current Employee) –  Philippi, Western Cape1 March 2019
Satisfying, making a difference in young people's lives. Opportunity to grow professionally, improvement in managerial skills. Improving training/teaching skills.
Pros
Working independantly
Cons
Unsafe areas
Great and Exciting
Soul Buddyz Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philliph15 October 2018
Excellent and Fun. and helps you understand more about research industry. You learn new staff new studies about different diseases of which is great exposure.
Pros
Exprience
Cons
NO development
2,0
New Project was rolled out but structure was not met.
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Mitchells Plain, Western Cape23 August 2018
My workload is always planned and reviewed before I start any lesson.I have learned never to see any challange as a stumble block but any oppitunity to learn.As far as management goes every person tried their udmost best to meet company requirements.The challenging part of my job was concerns were raised but never met.What made my job enjoyable was knowing you can make a difference in a young childs life who is being educated on things that impact their lives long term.
Pros
meeting new people everyday you can impact positively.
Cons
No sucsession plan long term
3,0
Intense but educational
Intern IT (Former Employee) –  Observatory, Western Cape14 September 2017
I worked as an intern at Desmond Tutu Foundation helping with computers and other technical problems that arose
For the main heavy work the required experienced IT staff I stood and observe in their work
Social auxiliary worker
social auxiliary worker (Current Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape26 June 2017
Working in this organisation is good and may be fun some time but I am concern about the safety because we working with the communities who have high rate of crime.
Pros
Skills developments
Cons
Work holidays and weekend sometimes
Productive and fun
field worker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 May 2017
Working at Desmond tutu is very fun as you learn a lot of things you get to meet different people you also get the chance to grow within the company so its a great opportunity for me to be working there
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Normal hours
Fun and productive
Social Scientist Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 May 2017
Productive and fun. On a busy day we see about 10 participants thats a full day. Corporate culture teamwork, communication. Enjoy working with people.
Pros
Free coffee only
Cons
Contracts
2013 -2014
Research Clinician and Primary Health Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC4 July 2014
I started working at Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in July 2013. I work both as a Research Nurse and a Primary Health Care Practitioner.
Pros
team building tasks
Cons
6 days a week job
2,0
when we reach the target of the participant that we recruit and retain
counsellor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC23 October 2013
when you educate a participants on how to stay negative you give her all the information and the participant seroconvert after some months you built the relationship with her/him it is so difficult and hurting to deliver the news to that person.
3,0
Good relationship with colleagues
Data Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 March 2013
First working expirience. Im currently happy with working for the organisation, but now im looking for something more, a job with benefits as this is a NGO and it doesn't have benefits.