Discovery UK Employee Reviews

Financial advisor
Financial advisor/ Insure specialist (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng13 April 2018
Acting as a Financial Adviser for Discovery health and Insure specialist i generate new business building your own Book and acting out intermediary services dealing with claims and queries on a daily basis
Pros
medical aid, provident fund, pention, life cover
Cons
strict commission base
Office Administrator / PA (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng7 March 2018
Busy, I learn different and new things everyday, Management is great, The hardest part of my job is to fit all my tasks into one day because everything is urgent, Most enjoyable thing is making new friends and having a laugh over a cup of coffee.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Very productive
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK INTERN (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng19 January 2018
Company is a beautiful building with everything you could need inside the building.manager is a bit mean and rude but otherwise I enjoyed working there.my Co workers are fun hard working people.
Pros
The building had everything you could need in it
Cons
The managers attitude
productive work enviroment with positive team mates
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape town19 November 2017
We work of a pool of about 200 - 300 cases per day.
Receiving medical information for the claims division.
I also check the clients benefits to see if the do qualify for a valid claim.
My job is very interesting as one gets to learn daily of how short life is and to live life to the fullest.

The hardest part is dealing with a child severe illness claim and learn to detach yourself from the agony the child and parents must feel.

The most enjoyable is when you leaned the child or the client has survived their illness and on a positive road to recovery.
Pros
Free coffee and and excellent an postive team to engage with.
Cons
I do work logn hours and will continue to as customer satifcation is important to me.
Learning at its best
Correspondence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 October 2017
The project i did was to assist with a backlog of emails.It was very tough and challenging but at the end of it we finished before the set time which was an achievement.The culture is very formal and very business like.
Pros
Vitality healthy eating
Cons
Room for growth is stiff
very flexible
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng19 October 2017
very flexible and have learn tolerance to diversity. Management was very helpful. Convincing clients to take covers. Presentation was fun part.THE COMPANY was very fun to work for with attractive perks and bonuses.
Pros
Flexible and vibrant workplace
fun workplace
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 October 2017
Fun company to work for.
The culture between employees and management is great, there is a support structure.
benefits are also good, doctor on site, shuttle from and to work available.
did not enjoy working for commission
Financial Planner/Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 September 2017
Never should have left my broker practice to become a tide agent for Discovery , Cost me a lot - financially and health wise . Really did not enjoy the experience .
Pros
good insentives
Cons
can earn good money if all goes well
Its a great company to work for
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng15 September 2017
Its a great company to work for.

There's room for growth, especially in the Sandton head office.

It gets hectic depending on which time of the month it is.

First week and the last week of the month is usually busy.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with an irate client, as some do not even want to give you a chance to speak.

I enjoy interacting with kind clients, it makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
no 13th cheque
Productive Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng17 August 2017
It's is a very relaxed environment where by you are expected to achieve your target on a day to day basis Management does help where necessary and they try to push the team
Pros
Na
Cons
Long Hours
Love the people and the enviroment
Telesales consultant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng16 August 2017
Learned to deal with lots of experienced and qualified people love discovery its a lovely place to work at and i would like another opportunity to work there again
Pros
Hard working
Cons
Working longer shift
Efficient. Smart. Professional.
Professional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 August 2017
Innovative Company to work for. Management more like team work. Professional. Creative thinking. Training provided frequently to improve oneself in the working enviroment.
pruductive
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng7 June 2017
i have learn how to deal with different people,to resolve problems and to follow up in clients. when i come here i didn't know about insurance and now i am an expert. discovery is good insurance company with lots of opportunities, we care for our clients and supply with a good customer services
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal hours
Very good company to work for
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng19 May 2017
Brilliant opportunities and really looking after employee's. Massive training and industry contacts. Also a very good company to enter at any professional level.
Pros
Lots of education, opportunity
Cons
Big company red tape
Marketing
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng8 May 2017
A typical day at work entails calling of clients and marketing Discovery Life, Invest, Health, Insure. I have learned how to manage clients at different levels as well as how to make the most of leads provided by maximizing the conversion of the leads.
Exciting and challenging
Marketing and Sponsorship Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 May 2017
Innovative and inspiring work environment with a large employee component resulting in competitiveness. Launch time is a high pressure period - hours
Pros
Greater insight on product
Cons
Pressurised environment
productive
Executive Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South africa30 April 2017
great company to work for, product is of the best in the world. management team is focused .core value is always nr 1

Protect and enhancpeoples lives
Pros
making lots of money
Day within Discovery
Associate Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Johannesburg15 March 2017
Great company to work for due to the values and ethics posed on a daily basis. Management handles situations well and simultaneously are good listeners. Always open to suggestions and very considerate when it comes to ones personal life and work balance. The team I work for would definitely be the most enjoyable part of the job as they make the surrounding atmosphere one of that which you want to be a part of. Typical day can vary from being extremely busy to more laid back and this is all due to the business we bring in and the way we handle our resources. Utilization of resources is critical and when used correctly, allow for a more smooth running of operations and thus success.
Pros
Consider personal life important
Cons
minimal benefits
reaching target and having braai end of the mionth
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 March 2017
Discovery its one of he most chilled place to work for and very calm and small organization. We all know each other here but a bit of flop with the management as they do not really care more for their stuff.
It is really not the best company to work for.
Pros
We do not get free launches
Cons
8 to 6 but it is paid paid over
Good culture
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng22 February 2017
Discovery has a lot of training and development of staff. Good working hours and sufficient support from management. Overall a good company to work for.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery UK. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0